Many Sydney kitchens often struggle with various walls being hurt by stains. Splashes of water and various bits of food can get all around walls near a sink or food preparation area in your kitchen. These can cause discolouration in your walls and in some cases will cause them to wear out and weaken. They are often hard to clean off too. Fortunately, you can add kitchen splashbacks to your walls around those sensitive spots.
Kitchen splashbacks are great for your renovation plans. Such splashbacks are designed to go on walls located near sinks and other spots where items might splash around. A splashback is critical for your kitchen renovations as it not only protects such walls but also improves upon how well a kitchen looks.
How a Splashback Is Designed
A splashback is designed as a small wall panel. This will be placed right next to the countertop and will work as an extension of sorts.
Such a panel will vary in size but it will typically be around 50 to 70 cm in height. This is enough to cover most splashes.
Also, such surfaces can cover extensive lengths. Many of them can be at least 120 cm long but they can be cut up if needed. You can also get several of them connected with each other on the same space if you need something longer.
What Are They Made Of?
Splashbacks can be made out of various items:
- Pressed metal can come with a smooth texture. It especially adds a bit of a shine depending on where it is placed.
- Laminate surfaces are often used because they can handle moisture and stains with ease. These use paper-based polymers to create one of many different designs.
- Traditional stone materials like marble or quartz can establish a classy look. You would have to watch for how porous some surfaces might be though.
- Bamboo wood is popular for being dense and easy to apply. It creates a nice dark brown tone that fits in well with many surfaces although it could be painted. It is also better for the planet in that it is a more renewable form of wood.
You will be surprised at how well such kitchen renovations can work for your home. A splashback will add a better look to your space when used right.
The odds are your Sydney kitchen has got loads of utensils, plates, bowls, glasses and various forms of cookware. You will need plenty of good spots to store them all in. Of course, you also need enough spaces to store foods in so you will not only keep them organized but also safe from being left out in the open to spoil.
Your kitchen renovations Sydney must involve enough ideal storage plans to make this room functional. There are many clever storage ideas that you can utilize today through the help of a talented kitchen planner. These options will help you make the most out of your kitchen.
Add Nice Storage Boxes
Open spaces in your kitchen can be prepared to allow for storage boxes to be added. Nice woven fabric boxes can be used for storing all sorts of utensils or cookware items. Depending on the appearances of those boxes, they may blend in well with whatever else you have to use.
Include Cabinets Over a Window
You can plan on using cabinets all around your window if you have one in your kitchen space. A truly clever storage idea would be to add cabinets above the window. This works best if the window is short enough to where you can reach spots above it.
Create a Pull-Out Pantry
A kitchen planner can help you with preparing a pull-out pantry in any cabinet space. This entails a deep space for storage being easy to pull out from a wall. It would be like a cabinet except all the storage tiers come out at once. The opening may also be on the side of the cabinet panel. This lets you look at everything in the pantry space without having to rummage through stuff just to find something in a back area.
Consider a Sliding Ladder
You can always go for a vertical approach to your storage needs. Added cabinets can be placed at the top parts of the kitchen walls. A sliding ladder can always be installed to give you access to more items.
Add Space For An Antique
An antique cabinet space can also be added to your kitchen to create a quaint storage space. This may fit in well if it has a colour that matches up with the overall design of your kitchen. An antique should have clear windows to see inside of it too.
When choosing a good design for your kitchen, you have to look for something that brings out a lively look. A classic kitchen design should entail an inviting appearance that stands out. It should be a vibrant and comfortable place for dining and food preparation alike.
Many kitchen designers Sydney focus on white as the key colour for any kitchen space. White is important for how it is not only a good neutral colour but is also bright enough to make any kitchen feel its best.
How a White Palette Works
White kitchens are often made with a vast variety of light surfaces. The white surfaces will primarily be organized around the cabinets and counters. You may also consider adding pieces of furniture that are also white although a slightly different shade of white would be recommended in such a case.
The white colour is typically designed to be as neutral as possible. This is to establish a shiny spot that looks even brighter when you have enough sunlight in your kitchen.
In fact, the white colour can be used in either wood or composite form. While wooden cabinets and countertops are great, some nice composite metal-like materials may be easier to maintain. This is especially the case with laminate worktops. Such worktops are often easier to repair and don’t have pores that are hard to maintain and clean out.
What About Contrasts?
Contrasting colours may be added to your white kitchen. They may be found in your light fixtures for the most part. The darker colours around light fixtures help to create a border that separates the light generated from the bright surfaces.
You can always use furniture in your kitchen that contrasts with the white surfaces too. Darker chairs are always nice to have, for instance. A classy wooden table with a light brown color may work as well.
How About the Floor?
A classic kitchen can use a wooden floor with a light brown colour. This should be nice enough to establish a quaint look without being too complicated or hard on the eyes. It blends in well with the white surfaces found elsewhere.
Remember that your kitchen design will make a difference in making this part of your Sydney home all the more enjoyable. White kitchens look beautiful in any case and will certainly give your home a great look.
Kitchen benchtops undoubtedly exert a significant degree of influence on the overall look and ambience of the kitchen. However, they come in a diverse range of materials and styles. When you pick the right one, it can serve to become the centrepiece of your kitchen. Homeowners typically want their kitchens to be highly functional. This is because the kitchen remains one of the most utilised spaces in the house. But, when in the kitchen, many people spend most of their time working on the benchtop. This is why benchtops must be strong, durable and sturdy enough to withstand daily and constant use.
What Kinds of Kitchen Benchtops Should You Consider Incorporating in Your Kitchen?
Some of the most popular benchtop surfaces in Australian kitchens comprise:
- Natural Stone: Granite and marble benchtops are incomparable in terms of appearance. They are quite expensive too. Both are stylish and durable materials. But, granite require regular sealing and re-sealing to keep it stain-resistant. Similarly, marble can make your kitchen look luxurious.
- Timber: This surface gives kitchens a warm and rustic appearance. Timber does scratch and stain easily. But, you can easily restore it by sanding and repolishing it.
- Porcelain: These surfaces are durable. They can withstand heat damage, staining and scratching too. Porcelain is non-porous as well, which makes it very hygienic.
- Tile: Many kitchen images feature tiled benchtops. Finding tiles that suit your design preferences is easy. In addition, tiles can withstand scratching and heat damage. However, cleaning these surfaces can be tough.
- Laminate: For people on a budget, laminate is the material of choice. At a fraction of the price of the actual materials, you can make your benchtop look very similar to timber or stone benchtops.
The Kitchen Broker comprises independent and award-winning designers. We specialise in giving homeowners the quality kitchens that they dream of. Unlike other kitchen designers, we manage the entire renovation project ourselves. We take you direct to the manufacturers and tradespeople. We liaise with them to give you the best products and finishes for your money. So, whether you require a kitchen benchtop or a complete design overhaul, we can save you time and money. Call us at (02) 9484 3464 to learn how we could help you get the kitchen of your dreams.
Image Source: Pixabay
Lots of Australians spend some quality time in their kitchens. Elegant and attractive kitchens are undoubtedly nice to work in. But, if the layout does not complement your working style, it could leave you feeling frustrated. This is why it’s important to plan your kitchen renovations carefully. Knowing the renovation design ideas that correspond to your requirements could help you acquire a highly functional kitchen with minimal fuss.
Some of the Top Kitchen Renovation Design Ideas that Australians Will Consider in 2017
Some of the top trends for kitchen renovations in the coming year include:
- Universal Design: With ageing in place becoming quite common, many homeowners want to stay in their homes longer, without compromising their independence. This kitchen design makes things very convenient. It features microwave drawers, side-opening ovens placed at counter-height etc.
- Good Lighting: Kitchen designers always recommend using different kinds of lights in the kitchen. Increasingly, LED lights are becoming very popular. That they come in several colours, only adds to their charm.
- Neutral Colours: These colours tend to work with a wide range of styles. In addition, they enhance the depth and the warmth of the kitchen.
- Quartz Worktops: Previously viewed as a luxury item, the emergence of composite surfaces has made this natural stone more affordable. Homeowners won’t need to spend a lot of money in replacing their laminated worktops to quartz. The upgrade will enhance the visual appeal of the kitchen too.
- Glass Splashbacks: When used in a linear manner, these glass tiled splashbacks can make small kitchens look larger
The Kitchen Broker – Kitchen Planners Par Excellence Who Can Bring Your Kitchen Plans to Life in Your Sydney Property
To bring the best of your kitchen renovation design ideas to life in your home in Sydney, don’t look beyond The Kitchen Broker. We’re a team of independent and award-winning kitchen and interior designers. Our specialty lies not only in designing kitchens that suit your working style. We also oversee the entire kitchen renovation, while helping you select the best finishes. The quality of our services does not merely save you time, energy and money. It ends up giving you the best outcome for your money too – in terms of both price and quality. Our well-equipped design studio showroom features a myriad of finishes for you to choose from. To share your specifications, call us at (02) 9484 3464.
What makes a small kitchen efficient is the fact that it makes the most of every square inch of available space. Firstly, small kitchen designs in Sydney created by an experienced kitchen planner focus on getting rid of unnecessary elements. Secondly, small kitchens are highly personalised and contain only those elements that the owner really wants. Let’s have a look at some of the reasons why small kitchens are surging in popularity in Sydney.
- Smaller Kitchens Can Be Stylish: When people think about an elegant kitchen, most of the times, it conjures up the images of big luxurious kitchens. However, an elegant kitchen is the one that is stylish and pleasingly graceful regardless of how spacious it is. A trusted kitchen planner can help you make your small kitchen elegant and graceful with designs that are practical and ingenious.
- Smaller Kitchens Can Reduce Stress: Big kitchens are often hard to manage and maintaining them is extremely stressful for most people. Small kitchens, on the other hand, are much more organised and easy to clean. With the help of an experienced kitchen planner, it’s possible to get an elegant streamlined kitchen right within your budget.
- Smaller Kitchens Are Clutter-Free: Smaller kitchens are easier to maintain. Homes with smaller kitchens also tend to have a fewer people living in them. By opting for efficient kitchen designs in Sydney, you can make the space clutter-free by incorporating suitable storage solutions. Even in a small kitchen, a kitchen planner can help you get enough space to keep all your kitchen essentials in an organized way.
How to Get the Best Out Of Your Small Kitchen?
Some homeowners don’t have a choice but to live with a smaller kitchen. Apart from the above benefits of a small kitchen especially in these times, you can also follow some tips to make the most of your kitchen.
- Keep only those items in your kitchen that you need on a daily basis.
- Though cabinets are a wonderful storage solution, do go overboard when installing them. Just install as many cabinets as you need to store basic kitchen essentials.
- Evaluate your cooking needs, and buy appliances of just the right size.
For more information or inspiration, please visit the leading specialist for kitchen designs in Sydney – The Kitchen Broker today!
When it comes to kitchen renovations in Sydney, there are certain proven ways to get a great return on your investment. Efficient kitchen plans can return more than 70 percent of your investment in a very short time. However, before you jump into the bandwagon to get a renovation, it’s important to assess your choices, and choose a design that can help you increase the value of your investment. Whether you opt for classic kitchens or contemporary white kitchens, below are some important factors you can consider in your next renovation project.
- Create A Flexible Budget: Setting a budget is very crucial to avoid overspending but focusing too much on just money can lead to mediocre results. Instead, your aim should be to spend every penny of your hard earned money productively. Buying expensive kitchen components do not make any sense if they do not suit your kitchen design. The first thing you should do is evaluate the space and focus on the most important aspects of your kitchen such as benchtops, cabinets and appliances.
- Benchtops and Cabinets: These are the most used components in any kitchen and they take up around 70 percent of the space. Your benchtop and cabinets should be up-to-date in appearance and functionality. Many homeowners just focus on appliances for improving functionality of their kitchens but cabinets and benchtops are the elements that can add some great functionality and a strong aesthetic appeal to their kitchens. They can also help you make your kitchen stand out to potential buyers. The first thing any prospective home buyer sees is the kitchen. And top quality benchtops and cabinets can help you create terrific first impression on the buyers and seal the deal immediately.
- Appliances: In most kitchen renovations in Sydney, stainless steel is a very popular choice of material for appliances. Steel appliances are easier to clean and look very sleek and stylish in any type of kitchen. Stainless steel imparts reliability and a contemporary touch to the kitchen.
For more guidance on kitchen renovations in Sydney, get in touch with The Kitchen Broker today!
The kitchen is a pivotal area of any home- it’s a place where the entire family congregates, and spend some quality time. We also spend a significant portion of our day in the kitchen, so it is necessary for us to make sure that we hire the most experienced kitchen designers in Sydney to achieve a stunning and functional kitchen. How can you make your kitchen stand out? Sometimes, you don’t even need to do a full renovation to get the most out of your kitchen- small changes here and there will make a world of difference without exceeding your investment.
Decorating Your Kitchen
You can make your kitchen look trendier and cooking much more fun by using a variety of decorative ideas. Just look at the kitchen images in a kitchen design magazine or a website and you’ll be able to find a lot of inspiration right-away. You could choose the varnish of your cabinets changed, to give it a fresher and updated look. You could change the knobs and handles, or faucets, or even the chairs, as it would change the feel of the room itself. Another unique way of decorating the kitchen is to use a unique lighting scheme- it will make the room pop.
Renovating Your Kitchen
Sometimes, it can become difficult to decorate your kitchen, or incorporate these changes, especially if you currently have a small or cluttered kitchen. In such a situation, all you have to do is opt for minor renovations. This way, you can increase the amount of usable space in your kitchen, while majorly re-shuffling its looks as well. You can put in a few storage-efficient cupboards, install a new sink, or even get a practical and good-looking kitchen island. All these are not major changes, but they will definitely make your home look magical.
If you want to know how else kitchen designers in Sydney can help you make your kitchen stand out, give The Kitchen Broker a call. We’ll be glad to provide you with some inspiration!
The kitchen is one of the most important rooms in the house, and unless you build it using the best kitchen designs in Sydney, you will not be able to able to use it effectively or efficiently. What do you do if you think your kitchen is not working for you as well as it should? The easiest way to spruce up your kitchen is to contact a reputable kitchen design firm, such as The Kitchen Broker and go for kitchen renovations. Not only do the professionals help you upgrade your kitchen every now and then, they will help you increase the overall value of your house as well.
Off late, walk-in pantry and practical kitchen designs in Sydney have become very popular. Walk-in pantry provides people with the option of keeping their cookware, appliances, cleaning products, and extra groceries in an organized and protected way. This way, these items won’t get in the way of your cooking and cleaning, unless you actually need the products. A minimal kitchen is a useful one, after all.
Here are some factors you need to consider when getting a walk-in pantry made:
- Where: You have to choose the right location for your walk-in pantry. It has to be close enough to the kitchen, to reduce the amount of time wasted in walking and retrieving items, and it should not interfere with your activities in the kitchen.
- How: How much space do you need for the walk-in pantry? This depends on how many things you currently have- you just have to take inventory, and plan accordingly, so that all the shelves are the right size.
- What: What size you want the shelves or the design to be is up to you. The flexibility offered by efficient kitchen design in Sydney is what makes them so popular among the households. You can have a mixture of tall and short shelves, or even wire shelves in certain places: this will help you get the best of all worlds!
If you have any doubts about your walk-in pantry or how to get the best kitchen renovations in Sydney, get in touch with The Kitchen Broker today – we will be glad to clear your doubts and provide you with inspiration!
Image Source: The Residences at Mandarin Oriental / Flickr
Designers of kitchens and home interiors often need to consider various aspects when they commence renovation projects. At the outset, they’ll need to ascertain the needs of the occupants. Then, they’ll need to determine the type of layout and design that will provide optimal value. After this, comes the detailing for each of the individual elements that, when integrated together, constitute the kitchen. When it comes to kitchen designs and layouts, many people feel that modern kitchen designs are the same as contemporary ones. So, they use these terms interchangeably. But, each of these design styles feature some differences. Knowing the difference might help you make the right choice when you want to remodel your kitchen.
What Are Some of the Most Essential Aspects of Modern Kitchen Designs?
Contemporary kitchens denote kitchens that possess features, which are currently the craze. In contrast, modern kitchens refer to design styles that were popular from the early to the mid-20th century. The styles of these kitchens bore a marked difference to the traditional kitchens of the time before the Industrial Revolution. Some of the most fundamental features of modern kitchens comprise:
- Door styles featuring flat panels
- Frameless and full-overlay cabinets, where the doors overlay the cabinet box
- Sleek and minimalist hardware that is a part of the cabinet such as tubular pulls, flat liner pulls etc.
- Cabinet hardware that runs the entire length of the doors and the drawers and,
- Countertops and splashbacks that are devoid of any patterns or veining
Get Your Kitchen Remodelling Projects Managed by the Best Team of Kitchen Designers in Sydney
When you want to incorporate modern kitchen designs, you will need the support of an experienced team of kitchen designers. The Kitchen Broker is the company to rely on for any kind of kitchen remodelling project that you want to commence. We are a team of independent designers. We will ascertain your needs first. Then, we will take you directly to the manufacturers and tradespeople to get the best value for each dollar that you spend. Unlike other kitchen designers, we have won several awards that testify to the quality of our services. We do not only specialise in designing kitchens and their interiors. We can manage the entire renovation project too, thereby saving you a lot of time and effort. To get the quality kitchen that you desire, click here.