Typically, when people look for homes to purchase, they will often come across houses with remodelled kitchens. Initially, this might seem very attractive. But, a closer glance will show that the kitchen is a mishmash of various styles and designs. As such, discerning homebuyers will realise that they will not be able to avoid revamping the kitchen even before they move in. This scenario typically plays out in the case of custom kitchens. This is why homeowners should consult professional designers before they remodel their kitchens.
What Are Some of the Most Essential Features of Timeless Custom Kitchens?
Custom or bespoke kitchens refer to built-to-order kitchens based on the exact specifications of the homeowner. These specifications serve to replace traditional design templates, mass-produced floor plans with little (or no uniqueness) and readymade kitchen cabinets.
Many homeowners like kitchens that feature classic or modern kitchen designs. But, their desire to incorporate as many elements as they can into the kitchen, could affect the look the kitchen exudes. To get a kitchen that will never go out of style, ensure that you:
- Incorporate as many windows as possible to let in natural light in the kitchen
- Use a combination of task, ambient and accent lighting to illuminate your kitchen on gloomy days
- Have sufficient seating space in the kitchen
- Purchase a deep and wide sink with a faucet that has a high clearance and a flexible neck
- Plan a layout that offers ample storage space
- Have ample working space on the countertop
- Install beautiful splashbacks to complement all your cooking and cleaning habits
Are You Looking to Gain the Services of the Leading Kitchen Planners in Sydney?
If you want to get a timeless looking custom kitchen, your search ends at The Kitchen Broker. We’re a team of independent and award-winning kitchen designers. Our designing and remodelling solutions will give you the best value for your money, regardless of your budget. With us, you won’t need to make the rounds of various showrooms. Nor will you need to haggle with a number of tradespeople to get the best rates. Instead, you can leave us to take your project direct to the manufacturers. This way, you can end up saving both your time and money. In addition, you won’t need to fret over the remodelling project either. Check out all that we can do here.
Untidy and shabby kitchens can detract from the overall look of your home interiors. In addition, if you find that the layout of your kitchen does not complement your working habits, perhaps it’s time for a revamp. For starters, you will need to look up various kitchen plans and layouts. You could consider consulting a professional kitchen designer too. These professionals can help you get the kitchen you sorely need.
What Minor Adjustments Should You Make to Your Kitchen Plans to Make Your Kitchen Child-Friendly?
When homeowners consider remodelling their kitchens, they usually have tons of ideas. This is not surprising. Because they spend a lot of time preparing meals in the kitchen, they will be aware of the elements that their existing kitchens lack. For households with no children, this is not a problem. But, if you have children, you might want to consider making some minor adjustments in your kitchen designs and plans. Some ideas to consider include:
- Ensuring that a section of the countertop is at a child-friendly height so that your kids can prepare their own food without hurting themselves
- Installing touch-free faucets so that your kids do not scald themselves with hot water by turning on the wrong faucet
- Selecting a countertop material such as quartz that is easy to clean, maintain and hygienic
- Giving your countertop slab edges a rounded edge to protect your kids from hurting themselves when they bump their heads on the countertop edges and,
- Installing an under-cabinet storage space meant primarily for your kids, where you can store their plates, bowls, cups etc.
At The Kitchen Broker, you will find a number of independent and award-winning kitchen designers. We specialise in helping our clients achieve the kitchens of their dreams. Naturally, this involves a lot of planning and attention to detail. We draw up our kitchen plans in our state-of-the-art design studio showroom. Our showroom features a comprehensive range of finishes, in addition to an extensive Sample Selection Centre. Our designers will understand your requirements. They will identify elements that will yield the desired benefits and value. Finally, they will take you directly to the manufacturers and give you the best outcome for your money. With us, you can savour a hassle-free experience. Check out some of our design tips here.
A well designed kitchen island accomplishes a number of goals in almost all efficient kitchen designs. It organises the space, provides an extra surface to eat and food prep and it can be used for additional storage as well. In addition to improving the visual appeal in custom kitchens in Sydney, a kitchen island and accompanying components like a kitchen island bench can do wonders to the functionality of your kitchen.
To maximise the return on investment, consider the purpose of your kitchen island before installation. For instance determine if you want to utilize it as an extra storage space or you want to free up space for other components like breakfast bar or a sink.
So, the fact of the matter is that a kitchen island is a functional component and it must serve some purpose. Otherwise, you won’t need to waste money on it. So, depending on the functionality you want to achieve from your island, here are a few things that your kitchen island must provide.
- As A Cleaning Station: If you want your kitchen island to serve as the clean up station, you’ll need to include several things in it to make it suitable for the purpose. For instance there should be enough storage space for dish soaps and dish towels. Compost bins or pull out trash cans should be easily accessible from the island.
- Cooking and Dining: For cooking purposes, install a heat resistant benchtop and put some basic furniture for eating area. Kitchen islands are extensively used by families for informal dining. For this purpose, including a standard size kitchen island bench and some stools and chairs is a good idea.
- Choosing The Right Style – You can make your kitchen island, including kitchen island bench, blend seamlessly with the rest of your kitchen or you can choose to make it stand out. Choose kitchen island components such as kitchen island bench and cabinets in the similar finish as used in the rest of your kitchen to create a seamless look throughout your entire kitchen. To make your island even more versatile, opt for dual height kitchen islands. These islands are great for creating informal dining areas and making kitchen designs more appealing.
For more guidance on modern kitchen designs, get in touch with experts at The Kitchen Broker today!
Stunning and protective, kitchen splashbacks are the statement pieces in any kitchen design. Whether your style is bold or minimalistic, kitchen splashbacks can help you achieve any desired look with modern kitchen designs in Sydney. However, it’s important to select splashbacks that can showcase the theme and colour scheme of your kitchen effectively. In many creative kitchens, splashbacks even form the focal point of design.
That being said, most people plan their splashbacks only at the last moment mainly because of the overwhelming number of choices available these days. To make the whole process of getting the right kitchen splashbacks easier, experts at The Kitchen Broker have prepared a handy list of some simple rules you can use while shopping for kitchen splashbacks in Sydney.
- Mix and match: If you’re finding it hard to visualise different colours of splashbacks in your kitchen, one of the best kitchen ideas you can try is to actually incorporate these colours in your kitchen. Use some tile samples and fix them to your walls. Observe them at different times of the day in varying amount of light. When it comes to choosing colour, go with one prominent colour and a few accent colours. In many modern kitchen designs in Sydney, designers select splashback colours on the basis of benchtop and fixtures like hardware and lighting present in the kitchen.
- Choose The Right Location: Install splashbacks at a location that can offer you the best returns. For instance space between sink and range has a huge visual impact. It also has sufficient area to display your creativity and make your kitchen stand out. You can make the most of this space by installing funky splashbacks and compliment them with minimalist splashbacks in the rest of the kitchen. This is a great way to create a stunning centrepiece to dramatically boost the visual appeal of your kitchen.
- Consider Your Budget: if you’re on a tight budget, there are still a number of options that can help you beautify your kitchen at quite a reasonable price. Classic options like white ceramic tiles can be used in place of modern tiles. However, never compromise on the strength and durability of your kitchen. Make sure that grout is used in an optimal manner so that the tiles can properly adhere to the walls.
For more kitchen ideas or to discuss your project, get in touch with the experts at The Kitchen Broker today!
Kitchen renovations in Sydney are often considered as the most complicated remodelling projects mainly because of the numerous difficult decisions involved in the process. As one of the most experienced kitchen designers in Sydney, we believe that a kitchen renovation project doesn’t have to be a complex job. With that in mind, our experts have prepared a short helpful guide to make the process a smooth and hassle-free experience for you.
- Find A Trusted Company: However, make sure that you know your needs and goals well before picking the right renovation professionals for you. Consider things like how often your cook meals and how many people would use the kitchen and so on. Once you’ve a precise plan in your mind, research about the costs of various components you want to incorporate in your kitchen.This will ensure you that you’ll get the best value for your money. Choosing a trusted company such as The Kitchen Broker can help you save even more on your kitchen renovations in Sydney. These experienced companies are known for delivering flawless results every single time, and you can never go wrong with them.
- Specifications: it’s always a good idea to take notes and save the best kitchen images in Sydney you can find that suit your taste. If you’ve some idea about the style you want to achieve from your kitchen renovation project, half the battle is won. You can choose from a plethora of kitchen styles these days ranging from traditional, classic, modern or white kitchens, to name a few.
Below is a checklist to select fixtures and finishes for your kitchen.
- Type of doors
- Cabinet construction
- Placement of Appliances such as refrigerator and oven etc
- Benchtop material
- Faucet and sink
- Decorative items
- Take Help from Professional Kitchen Designers in Sydney: Choosing professional kitchen designers at well established firms, such as The Kitchen Broker, is the best way to turn your vision into reality, and that too without exceeding your budget. Let’s have a look at some of the things kitchen designers in Sydney can help you with.
- Setting goals
- Setting Budget
- Customization by keeping your exact needs and lifestyle in mind
- Providing Inspiration with the best modern kitchen designs
- Determining the amount of cabinetry and other materials required
- Improving storage
- Simplifying complex configurations
For more guidance, visit The Kitchen Broker today and discuss your project with some of the most experienced kitchen designers in Sydney!
If you’re confused over the myriad options in kitchen benchtops, you’ve come to the right place to clear up your doubts. Whether you’re planning an extensive kitchen renovation or you’re looking to change just a few of the features as per modern kitchen designs, we’re here to help. Our experts have come up with a handy guide on picking the best benchtops for your kitchen. So, without any further adieu, let’s delve into your best options.
- Laminate Benchtops: If you’re looking for affordable and easy to install kitchen benchtops, laminate benchtops might be the best way to go. While people who have high-end sophisticated kitchens often go for more expensive options, laminate benchtops are gaining a lot of popularity for the past few years due to their ease of use. They’re a perfect choice to attain any kind of look including stone, quartz and even wood, but at a fraction of cost of the real material.
- Tile Benchtops: Probably the most unique and stylish way to remodel your kitchen is by installing a tile benchtop. The best thing about tiles is that is that you’ll get a plethora of style options with them. You can go with a single colour tiles to complement the existing decor of your kitchen or you can use several colours to create a unique beautiful design.
- Quartz Benchtops: These benchtops are among the most popular ones in Sydney and for a good reason. These kitchen benchtops are resistant to heat, scratches, stains and acids. Homeowners who are looking for low maintenance yet stylish options should not think twice before picking quartz kitchen benchtops.
- Natural stone: Just take a look at the popular kitchen images in Sydney in any renovation magazine or website, and you’ll see that natural stone benchtops are still the leading options for discerning buyers. Marble are granite are a staple in modern kitchen designs. Each and every slab of natural stone, like granite, is completely unique. However, like most natural stone products, granite benchtops are not maintenance-free. Marble is still the number one choice for people who are looking to achieve timeless and elegant look for their kitchen. On the downside, marble is somewhat porous and yearly maintenance is required to keep it in top condition.
When it comes to various types of benchtops available in Australia today, sky is the beginning of the limit! However, before you start splurging on your dream kitchen, make sure to set a budget and timeline for your project. For more guidance or to discuss your project, get in touch with the pros at The Kitchen Broker today!
Designing a kitchen for your own needs and designing to increase the resale value of your property are two different things. So, how do you design a kitchen that can actually attract more buyers to your home? The experts at The Kitchen Broker have some helpful renovation design ideas for you to achieve this goal. Let’s have a look:
- Remove Unappealing Elements: First of all, choose kitchen designs by keeping the needs of potential buyers in mind. Get into their shoes and try to ascertain what in your house could possibly turn them off as soon as they walk in? Chipped or stained wooden cabinets, worn out rugs and outdated fixtures are just some of the problems in most old kitchens in Sydney.
Fortunately, you don’t have to substitute everything with high-end components. A better way is to follow a minimalistic contemporary approach with just a little investment. Clean, minimalistic and functional kitchen designs in Sydney can deliver a very high return on investment.
- Depersonalise: With depersonalisation, your goal should be to make your kitchen suit a wide variety of tastes. So, get rid of your favourite brightly coloured wallpaper. Aim to attain a neutral, minimal environment that can be easily modified according to the needs and preferences of the buyer.
If you want to remodel your kitchen to attract more buyers, keep in mind that neutral colours and stainless steel appliances are some of the most versatile choices to target a large number of buyers.
- Refresh Your Kitchen: Most homeowners believe that they have to shell out a huge amount of money to make any significant improvement to their existing kitchens. Well, that’s not true; at least not when you choose an experienced kitchen planner and kitchen design company such as The Kitchen broker. In fact, spending a lot of money on something that you want to sell can be quite risky. After all, you cannot possibly know the needs of your potential buyers before meeting them.
If your kitchen renovation project needs the vision and skills of expert kitchen professionals, just give the specialists at The Kitchen Broker a call today!
Image Source: Pixabay
Are you feeling overwhelmed by the process involved in your kitchen renovation project? Well, don’t fret! The experts at The Kitchen Broker – the leading firm specializing in custom kitchens in Sydney, are here to make the whole process a cakewalk for you.
There are several factors to consider while getting a kitchen remodel. Being knowledgeable about modern kitchen designs and custom kitchens is the first important step when it comes to turn your vision into reality.
Let’s have a look at some of the crucial aspects of renovating your kitchen:
- Space: First and foremost; determine the amount of space available in your kitchen. If your existing kitchen is rather small, and you want to widen it a little, you can consider removing a wall to open it up. However, with the help of a competent kitchen planner in Sydney and by choosing suitable modern kitchen designs, you can make your kitchen organized and spacious without having to remove any walls at all.
Clever placement for custom storage cabinets is a good way to make small kitchens clutter-free and efficient. If you’ve sufficient space in your kitchen, you can choose to include breakfast bars, islands and other components to make the most of it.
- Lighting: Allowing natural light in your kitchen won’t just make it look and feel more open and bright; it will also save you money on your electricity bills. For this purpose, you can opt for large windows and skylights.
- Layout: Aesthetics are not the only goal of an efficient kitchen renovation plan. Functionality and ease of use also play vital roles. A skilled kitchen planner in Sydney can help you accomplish exactly that. Consider the existing work flow of your kitchen and try to determine whether it’s working for you or not. Are the important components like refrigerator, sink and stovee conveniently located? Is there enough space to accommodate your guests should the need arise?
- Lifestyle: In order to choose appropriate modern kitchen designs, you must consider yours and your family’s lifestyle before undertaking any kitchen renovation project. Ask all your family members about what they really need in the new kitchen and let their recommendations known to your kitchen planner in Sydney.
For instance if you don’t cook at home that often, you may buy an affordable stove and spend a major chunk of your budget on other aspects of your kitchen.
For more guidance, or to discuss your kitchen renovation project, get in touch with experts at The Kitchen Broker today!
Image Source: Pixabay
Handling kitchen renovations is a complex task especially for someone who has no idea about which kitchen designs in Sydney would work best for their needs. Fortunately, there are some really effective tips that can make your renovation project a smooth and hassle-free experience for everyone. So, let’s have a look at some kitchen ideas that can help you take back control of the things.
- Pack away all the rarely used items such as the ones used on special occasions and holidays. Make sure you consider all such items while ordering your cabinets. Moreover, try to ascertain if you still require these items. Giving away items that are no longer in use can make your kitchens much more efficient and clutter-free.
- In kitchen renovations, most of the times you’ve to act like you are actually moving. Put all your kitchen essentials in clearly labeled containers and boxes. This step is particularly important before the installation of cabinets.
- During kitchen remodeling, many people don’t have access to their kitchen sink or dishwasher. In this scenario, most people resort to using paper goods. However, this can lead to additional expenses especially in case of extensive kitchen renovations. A more cost-effective way is to use your bathroom sink to wash your dishes.
- If the weather is pleasant, consider moving cooking to the outdoor grill. A backyard BBQ is not only a great way to spend some quality time outdoors with your loved ones, but it’s also more cost-effective and provide you more nutritious food than what you get by constantly ordering fast food.
- Make sure you’ve the number of your designer on your speed dial. In addition, always be available to the professionals working in your kitchen. Installers can face some unforeseen problems that need to be solved quickly. You and your designers are the most important people when it comes to making a well-informed decision in such a situation.
Apart from choosing the best kitchen designs in Sydney for you needs, try to follow these tips to make things simpler and hassle-free. What’s more, you and your loved ones will enjoy more delicious food and you’ll get the best value for your money. You’ll also get a clear idea about items that you really should get rid of. You will not only have a stunning and more functional kitchen, but you would also love to spend more time in it.
So, what are you waiting for? Contact The Kitchen Broker– the leading specialist for kitchen renovations in Sydney, to discuss your project today!
Other articles by The Kitchen Broker:
Kitchen cabinets are probably the second biggest investment you can make in your kitchen remodel, after your benchtops. After all, cabinets form the focal point in most kitchen designs. Today’s kitchens have to deal with a lot of wear and tear during their lifetime. Therefore, it’s very crucial to buy kitchen cabinets that are not just visually stunning but are highly durable too.
Fortunately, by keeping in mind a few important aspects of kitchen cabinets, you can choose ideal products for you. Let’s have a look:
- Construction: Construction Quality of your cabinets will determine how they would stand the test of time. Make sure you invest in cabinets that are built using the highest quality material and manufacturing processes. Things such as soft close hinges and dovetailed drawers are some of the preferred features in good quality cabinets.
- Materials: These days, cabinets can be made from a range of materials in custom kitchens in Sydney. There are traditional options, such as wood, and then there are advanced options such as thermofoil, melamine and stainless steel.
Moreover, there’s huge range of choices within these options too. For instance – if you’re planning to buy wooden cabinets, you can choose from oak, hickory, cherry and maple, to name a few.
It’s an important decision and one that will hugely impact the overall look and style of your kitchen. So, make sure you do proper research and try to determine how each of these materials is affected by water, light and other environmental factors. Alternatively, simply contact experienced professionals at trusted kitchen design firms such as The Kitchen broker to know the best kitchen ideas for you.
- Door styles: Many people have no idea about how much an impact can cabinet doors have on their overall kitchen design. For discerning homeowners who are looking for well designed custom kitchens in Sydney, there are plenty of options available, ranging from shaker style to raised panel and from recessed panel to mullion.
- Finish: Today we have more options in stain and paint colours than ever before. The best option for you will be largely dependent on your taste and needs. For instance if you’ve a small kitchen and you want to make it look more spacious and open, go for lighter colours. On the other hand, if you’ve opted for darker tones, make sure that you’ve sufficient lighting in your kitchen; otherwise, your kitchen would start looking cramped.
At The Kitchen Broker, our kitchen design experts can help you choose the perfect kitchen cabinets for your needs and budget. The main goal of designing custom kitchens in Sydney is to maximise the existing space in your kitchen. So, what are you waiting for? Visit the Kitchen Broker for more kitchen ideas or to book a free consultation with one of our experts today!