Kitchens are no longer spaces where you only prepare meals and wash the dishes. In many houses across Australia, the kitchen has become the central area of the house. People spend large amounts of time in their kitchens not only for preparing meals or their favourite beverages. But, they use their kitchens for monitoring their kids’ homework or interacting with their guests too. Bearing this in mind, it becomes natural that people of all ages will be doing some work in the kitchen at various intervals. This is why the principles of universal design are fast becoming popular when it comes to kitchen renovation design ideas.
The Best Ways to Incorporate Universal Kitchen Renovation Design Ideas in Your Kitchens
For the uninitiated, the concept of universal design involves making your kitchen accessible to people of all ages, sizes and abilities. You might feel that creating such kitchens will involve a considerable amount of expenses. However, this is not the case. You could create a kitchen with a universal design by:
- Installing solid-surfacing countertops (e.g. granite, laminate etc.) that can withstand wear and tear whilst being easy to clean
- Ensuring that your kitchens have one large window to facilitate the entry of natural light, in addition to using task lighting above your kitchen islands and cooktops
- Installing cork or linoleum flooring, which is slip-resistant and comfortable
- Keeping your cleaning supplies behind closed cabinet doors fitted with safety locks to keep them out of reach of your kids
- Using single-lever faucets that people can use with closed fists or open hands – ideal if the family members are suffering from arthritis and,
- Installing open shelves to make it easier to find things
The Kitchen Broker – The Specialists in Making Dream Kitchens from All Kinds of Kitchen Plans in Sydney
Dream kitchens do not exist in your dreams. At The Kitchen Broker, we specialise in making these dreams a reality. An award-winning team of kitchen designers, we handle all kinds of kitchen renovation projects. We understand your requirements and complement them with our unique expertise. We formulate the best renovation design ideas to give you the best results for your money. We represent you to the manufacturers and traders and source the best products on offer. Thus, you get the best value for every dollar that you spend. To know more, call us at (02) 9484 3464.
Lots of homeowners find their kitchens too drab and uninteresting to work in. Nowadays, the kitchen is no less than the heart of the home. This is why homeowners prefer the delightful kitchens that they come across in glossy magazines or television shows. If this describes your situation perfectly, resist the temptation to pull apart your existing kitchen. Instead, go through various kitchen plans and layouts to ascertain the best features of these. Thereafter, you could use these for creating the kitchen you always dreamed of.
What Kinds of Kitchen Designs and Layouts Should You Go Through Prior to Making Your New Kitchen Plans?
When you’re going through various kitchen designs in Sydney and other cities, consider the following types of kitchens:
- Country Farmhouse Kitchens: These kitchens are usually open and inviting. They feature farmhouse tables and furniture-like cabinetry. They offer a myriad of finishes too. In many cases, country kitchens will have colour patterns comprising red, yellow, blue and cream.
- Modern Kitchens: Sleek and sophisticated, these kitchens follow a minimalist approach. They feature reflective surfaces and high-tech materials. Their sitting areas will typically feature exotic woods that add a touch of panache and luxury to the kitchen.
- Cottage Kitchens: These kitchens will usually exude a cosy and comfortable look. In many cases, these kitchens are unique because of their homespun touches and imperfect finishes. Homeowners often decorate these kitchens with offbeat art and similar collectibles.
- Contemporary Kitchens: These kitchens blend functionality with versatility. The mix of new, old, casual and polished seating and cooking elements in these kitchens makes them one of a kind. Moreover, these kitchens also come with ample space for meeting the needs of the occupants. So, whether you want to interact with your guests or require ample working space, these kitchens are popular throughout Australia today.
Are You Looking for an Award-Winning Kitchen Planner in Sydney?
Not all homeowners can make sense out of various kitchen plans. This is why it pays to hire reputed kitchen designers to get the kitchen you’ve always wanted. The Kitchen Broker is an award-winning team of kitchen and interior designers in Sydney. We take your requirements to the manufacturing industry for securing the best outcomes in terms of price and quality. We liaise with all the tradespeople and suppliers, thereby saving you time and energy. For more information, call us at 02 9484 3464.
Kitchen splashbacks have come a long way from the days when they were used for just practical purpose. Nowadays, you can find a huge variety of kitchen splashbacks in the market which allows you to make a unique style statement even without exceeding your budget. However, when it comes to spectacular kitchen renovations in Sydney, major components, such as kitchen benchtops and splashbacks, should blend perfectly with each other as well as with all the other elements in the kitchen. Let’s have a look at a few effective tips to achieve exactly this goal.
- Choosing kitchen benchtops: A benchtop is without a doubt the most important and expensive element in a kitchen. In most successful kitchen renovations in Sydney, benchtops are installed before kitchen splashbacks. So, if you’re feeling overwhelmed with the choices available in kitchen splashbacks and benchtops, it makes sense to select more important element first. Moreover, the number of colours and patterns available in kitchen benchtops are fewer than in splashbacks.
- Matching and contrasting: For a seamless design, use splashbacks and benchtop of matching or same material. For instance if your benchtop surface material is Caesarstone or neutral coloured granite, you can choose a variety of matching colours for your kitchen splashbacks, such as grey, brown, cream or beige for a smooth and well-balanced kitchen design. For homeowners who are looking for unique and bold kitchen interiors, splashbacks and benchtop of contrasting colours are a great option. However, make sure you consider other elements of the kitchen as well, such as cabinets, appliances and flooring so that everything coordinates well.
- Hire a specialist: Most homeowners cannot visualize their finished kitchen as well as experts do. This is the reason why owners have such a hard time selecting the right material for their kitchens. Moreover, they are not aware of the qualities and features of new products available in the market. Kitchen renovations in Sydney is the time when you’ve to make too many crucial decisions in a short span of time. So, do yourself a favour and hire a trusted kitchen design expert, such as The Kitchen Broker. Experts will not just help you weigh all your options and guide you, they can also help you save money on your renovation project.
For more information and a free quote, get in touch with The Kitchen Broker today!
Most people appreciate every bit of extra storage space they can find to store their kitchen essentials. If your cabinets are already overflowing, a well-planned walk in pantry is a great storage option for you. Whether you’ve a modern or classic kitchen, keeping most of your items in a walk in pantry can help you streamline a number if processes in your kitchen. Based on some of the best kitchen plans in Sydney, we’ve selected some walk in pantry ideas for your inspiration. Use the tips below for an aesthetically pleasing walk in pantry.
- Creating a new pantry – It’s always more challenging to create a new pantry in the existing kitchen than creating one in a new kitchen. The reason is that in old kitchens homeowners have to sacrifice an existing functional area to accommodate a new pantry. Whether you choose an attached garage or an adjacent hallway to fit the new pantry, it should be directly and conveniently accessible from the kitchen.
- Consider visibility– If you choose an open walk in pantry and the contents can be easily viewed from the kitchen area; make sure to keep the arrangement neat and clean. If your pantry is tucked behind a door, guests won’t notice the clutter as easily, but a well-organized pantry is still recommended for ease of use.
- Location: Most efficient kitchen plans in Sydney are the ones where the crucial components are located near the work area. For an efficient walk in pantry, choose a location that allows you to access it without disrupting other kitchen activities. You should be able to unload groceries and retrieve any items whenever you need conveniently.
- Shelving system: Many pantries have a fully functional inbuilt shelving system, but if your walk in pantry doesn’t have one, a shelving system is a good investment for you. While some people prefer custom shelving systems, others opt for cost-effective and flexible DIY options, such as systems with adjustable shelfs. Try to choose a system with a variety of shelf sizes.
At The Kitchen Broker, we are passionate about kitchens. We can help you create a kitchen that will suit your lifestyle and surroundings, and ensure aesthetical appeal and practicality. For a free quote, get in touch with The Kitchen Broker today!
The timeless features, neutral colours and minor details of classic kitchen designs ensure that these kitchens will stand the test of time and can suit a variety of styles, tastes and budgets. If you’re considering kitchen renovations in Sydney to attain a classic look for your kitchen, you should choose a kitchen design firm that knows how to create eye-catching details so that your kitchen will keep looking stunning for years and years. Let’s have a look at some design principles of classic kitchens so that you can create this kitchen style with ease.
- Cabinetry: Classic kitchens are known for their timeless look. With cream or white cabinets, you can easily create such a look that even the modernists will appreciate. Timeless yet simple and fresh, a white classic kitchen is all you need to attain this style.
- Marble countertops: White marble benchtops can really make your classic kitchen stand out. In most classic kitchen designs, marble countertops form the focal point. Though marble needs maintenance, there are only a few other options that can match its beauty.
- Keep it simple: The style of classic kitchen should be simple yet fresh. It should not be too ornate or too modern. Opt for shaker style cabinet doors. These doors can instantly impart a classic appeal to your kitchen.
- Flexibility: When it comes to the most flexible kitchen plans anywhere, classic kitchens top the list. You can add any number of elements to a classic kitchen to completely change its look. For instance adding modern bar stools, modern tiles, pendent lights and vintage style tables can transform your classic kitchen into an eclectic one. This flexibility allows homeowners to change the look of their kitchen anytime they want without breaking a bank. However, if you do want to change the design theme a few years down the line, it’s recommended to opt for neutral coloured tiles and other components for an easy design transition.
For more guidance on classic kitchen designs and latest trends in kitchen renovations in Sydney, get in touch with us today.
When it comes to modern kitchen designs in Sydney, kitchen images of simple and sleek hardware, frameless cabinets, minimal ornamentation, clean horizontal lines and stunning materials come to the mind. As one of the most trusted kitchen design firms in Sydney, we have discovered a number of design rules over the years that can help you get an aesthetically stunning and functional modern kitchen. Let’s take a look at some renovation design ideas for a modern kitchen:
- The work triangle: The work triangle, which consists of refrigerator, range and sink, should be optimally placed. It should allow the cook to move conveniently from one point to another, and yet at the same time, it should be spacious enough so that people don’t keep bumping into each other.
- Entertainment areas: The area meant for family gatherings and entertainment should not disrupt the work triangle in any way. This will ensure that the chef can work without any disturbance while your guests can have drinks or snack on appetizers without interfering in the cooking process.
- Cabinetry: Modern kitchens do not have unnecessary features that you can find in most traditional designs. So, cabinetry should be clean, sleek and highly practical. Modern kitchen designs in Sydney are all about flawless functionality, technically advanced appliances and showcasing your individual style. In fact, some homeowners opt for an open look by completely leaving off the cabinetry doors.
- Sleek, simple and functional designs: Modern kitchen designers are known for their attention to detail even at the stage of architectural drawings. Key operations, such as the swing of the doors of certain appliances like refrigerator, oven and dishwasher, as well as pull-out operation of trash bins have to be considered from the very beginning in the design process. The reason is that some of these operations can overlap or interfere with each other, and by studying their functionality before installing the actual hardware can help you produce the most flawless modern kitchen designs in Sydney.
Need more renovation design ideas? Get in touch with us today by calling 02 9484 3464 or email us at email@example.com
When it comes to determining the best design layout for a kitchen, many homeowners seem singularly bereft of ideas. All spaces in the house can feature elements of different styles without appearing discordant. For instance, classic kitchens are perhaps one of the safest design layouts to consider. But, having a classic kitchen does not mean that you cannot fine-tune its appearance to suit your specific tastes and preferences.
What Are the Essential Characteristics of a Classic Kitchen?
Classic kitchens are both timeless and flexible. They typically feature neutral colour palettes and simple details. Individualists might find classic kitchens to be too safe, while purists might feel that classic kitchens are highly ornate. But, the fact remains that you can fine-tune the look of the kitchen further, to tailor it to your requirements. Classic kitchens will usually feature:
- Simple Architecture: These kitchens will not be over-the-top or ornate like other styles of kitchens. Even so, they will feature simple panelled hoods, crown mouldings etc.
- White Cabinets: Classic kitchens are both timeless and fresh. Thus, they will feature white or cream coloured cabinets.
- Neutral Colours: Classic kitchens do not necessarily have to be all white. They could feature stained and painted cabinets and subway tiles too. Brown-and-white and black-and-white combinations are quite popular.
- Simple Door Styles: Modern kitchens feature flat-panel cabinet doors. Similarly, classic kitchens feature simple shaker doors.
- Black-and-White Countertops: Classic kitchens feature marble countertops as part of the cook’s triangle. The beauty of marble enhances the visual appeal of these kitchens. Honed black countertops are quite popular too.
Pick the Brains of the Best Kitchen Planners in Sydney to Obtain Your Dream Kitchen
If you love the look of a classic kitchen, depend on a qualified kitchen designer to make it a reality in your home. At The Kitchen Broker, you can avail the services of an award-winning team of Certified Kitchen Designers (CKDs). Our experienced designers can design the kitchen of your dreams to your satisfaction. But more importantly, they can make your dream kitchen a reality too. They will deal directly with all the suppliers and manufacturers by representing your best interests. Moreover, they will manage the entire project too. Thus, you will not only get the best value for your money. You will be able to enjoy a hassle-free renovation as well. To know more, call us at (02) 9484 3464.
X factors are variables that have a significant effect on the outcome of a given situation. In addition, they denote some remarkable features or traits of a specific thing. If each of the rooms in your house have X-factors in them, you can rest assured that your house will be the cynosure of the neighbourhood. In many cases, homeowners accord immense importance to their living rooms and bedrooms. But, they are bereft of ideas for revamping their kitchens. So, if you want to revamp your kitchen, it might be best to consider various renovation design ideas. These could enhance the aesthetical appeal and the functionality of your kitchen.
Some Kitchen Renovation Design Ideas that Homeowners Should Consider
Each room in the house typically has its own flavour. These flavours will make the room stand apart from the rest. Yet, when viewed holistically, all the rooms will blend with your chosen theme. This applies especially to your kitchens. In modern houses, the kitchens have become the centre of the homes. Thus, if your kitchen is tough to work in, you might need to consider giving it a makeover.
Some renovation ideas to consider include:
- Opting for open shelves instead of upper cabinets for obtaining ample display space
- Purchasing energy-efficient appliances such as high-tech range hoods, convection double ovens etc.
- Giving your kitchen ceilings some texture and colour
- Revitalise your walls and cabinets with fresh coats of paint
- Install door-mounted shelves for storing the spices
- Install soft-close hinges and glides in your cabinet doors and drawers and,
- Use an assortment of lights (e.g. recessed lights, under-cabinet lights, pendant lights etc.) for brightening the kitchen
Hire the Specialists for Taking Care of Your Kitchen Renovations in Sydney
To give your kitchens a splendid makeover, you’ll need to consider various renovation design ideas. To sift the best ones out, you will need to rely on professional kitchen designers. The Kitchen Broker is among the leading kitchen designing companies in Sydney. Our staff comprises an award winning team of Certified Kitchen Designers (CKDs). These specialists will help you select the best finishes for your kitchen. They will guide you through the entire designing process as well. Lastly, they will take your project to the manufacturing industry to get you the best outcome in terms of quality and cost. For more details, call us at (02) 9484 3464.
Homeowners often tend to overlook the importance of their kitchens. Thus, it takes time for them to wake up to the fact that their kitchen is not as functional as they would want it to be. Hiring an experienced kitchen designer could help you get the dream kitchen that you’re longing for. However, the start of any kitchen remodelling project typically involves understanding the different styles of Sydney kitchens that are popular at present.
An Overview of the Different Kinds of Sydney Kitchens
There are a wide range of kitchen styles and layouts that you could consider. Some of the most popular design styles include:
- Farmhouse Kitchens: These warm and cosy kitchens typically feature open shelves, wide sinks, classic floors and huge kitchen tables. They are a perfect blend of functionality and comfort.
- Rustic Kitchens: If you’re keen on a kitchen that looks unique and roughhewn, opt for these. These kitchens feature vintage appliances. And, they typically utilise a lot of timber, brick and stone. In many cities, these kitchens give stiff competition to the classic white kitchens.
- Modern Kitchens: These feature frameless cabinets and sleek hardware. These kitchens accentuate the beauty of the materials based on their clear and strong horizontal lines. The lack of ornamentation makes the kitchen appear more spacious than it actually is.
- Traditional Kitchens: These feature several details including arches, raised-panel cabinets, chandeliers etc. Their old-world charm makes them quite appealing.
- Contemporary Kitchens: Modern kitchens typically celebrate structure and grid. In contrast, contemporary kitchens typically include elements of other kitchen styles. This makes them more flexible in terms of form and finish.
Do You Want a Kitchen that Features the Best Modern Kitchen Designs?
Remodelling kitchens is not a breeze by any means. It involves a lot of time and money. If a kitchen renovation goes awry, you could end up wasting a lot of money. To avoid this, hire experienced kitchen designers from the Kitchen Broker. We comprise a team of qualified kitchen designers. We consider lifestyles, home traffic, functions needed as well as the adjoining areas of kitchens before we commence designing the perfect layout at our well-equipped design studio showroom. This enables us to utilise your space to the optimal levels. In addition, it helps us give you the best kitchen for your budget. For some design tips that have improved numerous Sydney kitchens, click here.
In every city in Australia, you will come across people who like ultra-modern products. It is worth highlighting that many modern products offer higher levels of features, utilities, conveniences and cost benefits. Moreover, their heightened features and benefits do not make them increasingly bulky or inconvenient. Hence, they suit the needs of people who like modern lifestyles and products perfectly. Unsurprisingly, many of these individuals prefer incorporating modern kitchen designs in their kitchens too.
Modern kitchens typically feature clean lines and simple surfaces. As such, they are ideal for creating the illusion of a very spacious kitchen, especially if you have limited space.
The three main characteristics of modern kitchens include:
- A Sleek Structure: Modern kitchens feature structured shapes and hard edges. Thus, kitchen countertops will have blocked corners rather than rounded ones. Similarly, the simple, straight-edged cabinets will usually be of stainless steel. Complement these textures by using glass in your backsplash and light fixtures.
- A Minimalist Look: Modern kitchen designs suit small or narrow kitchens admirably. They minimise the decorative elements to provide additional counter space. Moreover, they utilise smaller appliances, which you can store within cupboards and cabinets. Lastly, they feature recessed lights to keep the space bright.
- A Neutral Palette: Pick neutral colours to create a monochromatic scheme. Many homeowners like a black-and-white colour combination. However, if this is not to your liking, infuse colour with accented walls and bright splashbacks.
Pick the Brains of Award-Winning Designers to Bring Your Kitchen Plans to Life in Sydney
If you want to incorporate some of the best modern kitchen designs in your kitchen, seek the help of the experts. The Kitchen Broker comprises a team of independent and award-winning kitchen designers. We specialise in managing kitchen remodelling and renovation projects from the designing to the completion stages. Unlike other kitchen designing firms, our job does not end with our providing you the design layout for your dream kitchen at our well-equipped studio showroom. Instead, we simplify things by representing your best interests whenever we liaise with the leading manufacturers and trades. Our ability to manage the project completely saves you time, stress and hassles. At the same time, our expertise enables us to give you the best value for each dollar that you spend. To see how we’re different from other kitchen designers, click here.