Kitchen benchtops undoubtedly exert a significant degree of influence on the overall look and ambience of the kitchen. However, they come in a diverse range of materials and styles. When you pick the right one, it can serve to become the centrepiece of your kitchen. Homeowners typically want their kitchens to be highly functional. This is because the kitchen remains one of the most utilised spaces in the house. But, when in the kitchen, many people spend most of their time working on the benchtop. This is why benchtops must be strong, durable and sturdy enough to withstand daily and constant use.
What Kinds of Kitchen Benchtops Should You Consider Incorporating in Your Kitchen?
Some of the most popular benchtop surfaces in Australian kitchens comprise:
- Natural Stone: Granite and marble benchtops are incomparable in terms of appearance. They are quite expensive too. Both are stylish and durable materials. But, granite require regular sealing and re-sealing to keep it stain-resistant. Similarly, marble can make your kitchen look luxurious.
- Timber: This surface gives kitchens a warm and rustic appearance. Timber does scratch and stain easily. But, you can easily restore it by sanding and repolishing it.
- Porcelain: These surfaces are durable. They can withstand heat damage, staining and scratching too. Porcelain is non-porous as well, which makes it very hygienic.
- Tile: Many kitchen images feature tiled benchtops. Finding tiles that suit your design preferences is easy. In addition, tiles can withstand scratching and heat damage. However, cleaning these surfaces can be tough.
- Laminate: For people on a budget, laminate is the material of choice. At a fraction of the price of the actual materials, you can make your benchtop look very similar to timber or stone benchtops.
The Kitchen Broker comprises independent and award-winning designers. We specialise in giving homeowners the quality kitchens that they dream of. Unlike other kitchen designers, we manage the entire renovation project ourselves. We take you direct to the manufacturers and tradespeople. We liaise with them to give you the best products and finishes for your money. So, whether you require a kitchen benchtop or a complete design overhaul, we can save you time and money. Call us at (02) 9484 3464 to learn how we could help you get the kitchen of your dreams.
Image Source: Pixabay
Lots of Australians spend some quality time in their kitchens. Elegant and attractive kitchens are undoubtedly nice to work in. But, if the layout does not complement your working style, it could leave you feeling frustrated. This is why it’s important to plan your kitchen renovations carefully. Knowing the renovation design ideas that correspond to your requirements could help you acquire a highly functional kitchen with minimal fuss.
Some of the Top Kitchen Renovation Design Ideas that Australians Will Consider in 2017
Some of the top trends for kitchen renovations in the coming year include:
- Universal Design: With ageing in place becoming quite common, many homeowners want to stay in their homes longer, without compromising their independence. This kitchen design makes things very convenient. It features microwave drawers, side-opening ovens placed at counter-height etc.
- Good Lighting: Kitchen designers always recommend using different kinds of lights in the kitchen. Increasingly, LED lights are becoming very popular. That they come in several colours, only adds to their charm.
- Neutral Colours: These colours tend to work with a wide range of styles. In addition, they enhance the depth and the warmth of the kitchen.
- Quartz Worktops: Previously viewed as a luxury item, the emergence of composite surfaces has made this natural stone more affordable. Homeowners won’t need to spend a lot of money in replacing their laminated worktops to quartz. The upgrade will enhance the visual appeal of the kitchen too.
- Glass Splashbacks: When used in a linear manner, these glass tiled splashbacks can make small kitchens look larger
The Kitchen Broker – Kitchen Planners Par Excellence Who Can Bring Your Kitchen Plans to Life in Your Sydney Property
To bring the best of your kitchen renovation design ideas to life in your home in Sydney, don’t look beyond The Kitchen Broker. We’re a team of independent and award-winning kitchen and interior designers. Our specialty lies not only in designing kitchens that suit your working style. We also oversee the entire kitchen renovation, while helping you select the best finishes. The quality of our services does not merely save you time, energy and money. It ends up giving you the best outcome for your money too – in terms of both price and quality. Our well-equipped design studio showroom features a myriad of finishes for you to choose from. To share your specifications, call us at (02) 9484 3464.
What makes a small kitchen efficient is the fact that it makes the most of every square inch of available space. Firstly, small kitchen designs in Sydney created by an experienced kitchen planner focus on getting rid of unnecessary elements. Secondly, small kitchens are highly personalised and contain only those elements that the owner really wants. Let’s have a look at some of the reasons why small kitchens are surging in popularity in Sydney.
- Smaller Kitchens Can Be Stylish: When people think about an elegant kitchen, most of the times, it conjures up the images of big luxurious kitchens. However, an elegant kitchen is the one that is stylish and pleasingly graceful regardless of how spacious it is. A trusted kitchen planner can help you make your small kitchen elegant and graceful with designs that are practical and ingenious.
- Smaller Kitchens Can Reduce Stress: Big kitchens are often hard to manage and maintaining them is extremely stressful for most people. Small kitchens, on the other hand, are much more organised and easy to clean. With the help of an experienced kitchen planner, it’s possible to get an elegant streamlined kitchen right within your budget.
- Smaller Kitchens Are Clutter-Free: Smaller kitchens are easier to maintain. Homes with smaller kitchens also tend to have a fewer people living in them. By opting for efficient kitchen designs in Sydney, you can make the space clutter-free by incorporating suitable storage solutions. Even in a small kitchen, a kitchen planner can help you get enough space to keep all your kitchen essentials in an organized way.
How to Get the Best Out Of Your Small Kitchen?
Some homeowners don’t have a choice but to live with a smaller kitchen. Apart from the above benefits of a small kitchen especially in these times, you can also follow some tips to make the most of your kitchen.
- Keep only those items in your kitchen that you need on a daily basis.
- Though cabinets are a wonderful storage solution, do go overboard when installing them. Just install as many cabinets as you need to store basic kitchen essentials.
- Evaluate your cooking needs, and buy appliances of just the right size.
For more information or inspiration, please visit the leading specialist for kitchen designs in Sydney – The Kitchen Broker today!
When it comes to kitchen renovations in Sydney, there are certain proven ways to get a great return on your investment. Efficient kitchen plans can return more than 70 percent of your investment in a very short time. However, before you jump into the bandwagon to get a renovation, it’s important to assess your choices, and choose a design that can help you increase the value of your investment. Whether you opt for classic kitchens or contemporary white kitchens, below are some important factors you can consider in your next renovation project.
- Create A Flexible Budget: Setting a budget is very crucial to avoid overspending but focusing too much on just money can lead to mediocre results. Instead, your aim should be to spend every penny of your hard earned money productively. Buying expensive kitchen components do not make any sense if they do not suit your kitchen design. The first thing you should do is evaluate the space and focus on the most important aspects of your kitchen such as benchtops, cabinets and appliances.
- Benchtops and Cabinets: These are the most used components in any kitchen and they take up around 70 percent of the space. Your benchtop and cabinets should be up-to-date in appearance and functionality. Many homeowners just focus on appliances for improving functionality of their kitchens but cabinets and benchtops are the elements that can add some great functionality and a strong aesthetic appeal to their kitchens. They can also help you make your kitchen stand out to potential buyers. The first thing any prospective home buyer sees is the kitchen. And top quality benchtops and cabinets can help you create terrific first impression on the buyers and seal the deal immediately.
- Appliances: In most kitchen renovations in Sydney, stainless steel is a very popular choice of material for appliances. Steel appliances are easier to clean and look very sleek and stylish in any type of kitchen. Stainless steel imparts reliability and a contemporary touch to the kitchen.
For more guidance on kitchen renovations in Sydney, get in touch with The Kitchen Broker today!
The kitchen is a pivotal area of any home- it’s a place where the entire family congregates, and spend some quality time. We also spend a significant portion of our day in the kitchen, so it is necessary for us to make sure that we hire the most experienced kitchen designers in Sydney to achieve a stunning and functional kitchen. How can you make your kitchen stand out? Sometimes, you don’t even need to do a full renovation to get the most out of your kitchen- small changes here and there will make a world of difference without exceeding your investment.
Decorating Your Kitchen
You can make your kitchen look trendier and cooking much more fun by using a variety of decorative ideas. Just look at the kitchen images in a kitchen design magazine or a website and you’ll be able to find a lot of inspiration right-away. You could choose the varnish of your cabinets changed, to give it a fresher and updated look. You could change the knobs and handles, or faucets, or even the chairs, as it would change the feel of the room itself. Another unique way of decorating the kitchen is to use a unique lighting scheme- it will make the room pop.
Renovating Your Kitchen
Sometimes, it can become difficult to decorate your kitchen, or incorporate these changes, especially if you currently have a small or cluttered kitchen. In such a situation, all you have to do is opt for minor renovations. This way, you can increase the amount of usable space in your kitchen, while majorly re-shuffling its looks as well. You can put in a few storage-efficient cupboards, install a new sink, or even get a practical and good-looking kitchen island. All these are not major changes, but they will definitely make your home look magical.
If you want to know how else kitchen designers in Sydney can help you make your kitchen stand out, give The Kitchen Broker a call. We’ll be glad to provide you with some inspiration!
The kitchen is one of the most important rooms in the house, and unless you build it using the best kitchen designs in Sydney, you will not be able to able to use it effectively or efficiently. What do you do if you think your kitchen is not working for you as well as it should? The easiest way to spruce up your kitchen is to contact a reputable kitchen design firm, such as The Kitchen Broker and go for kitchen renovations. Not only do the professionals help you upgrade your kitchen every now and then, they will help you increase the overall value of your house as well.
Off late, walk-in pantry and practical kitchen designs in Sydney have become very popular. Walk-in pantry provides people with the option of keeping their cookware, appliances, cleaning products, and extra groceries in an organized and protected way. This way, these items won’t get in the way of your cooking and cleaning, unless you actually need the products. A minimal kitchen is a useful one, after all.
Here are some factors you need to consider when getting a walk-in pantry made:
- Where: You have to choose the right location for your walk-in pantry. It has to be close enough to the kitchen, to reduce the amount of time wasted in walking and retrieving items, and it should not interfere with your activities in the kitchen.
- How: How much space do you need for the walk-in pantry? This depends on how many things you currently have- you just have to take inventory, and plan accordingly, so that all the shelves are the right size.
- What: What size you want the shelves or the design to be is up to you. The flexibility offered by efficient kitchen design in Sydney is what makes them so popular among the households. You can have a mixture of tall and short shelves, or even wire shelves in certain places: this will help you get the best of all worlds!
If you have any doubts about your walk-in pantry or how to get the best kitchen renovations in Sydney, get in touch with The Kitchen Broker today – we will be glad to clear your doubts and provide you with inspiration!
Image Source: The Residences at Mandarin Oriental / Flickr
Designers of kitchens and home interiors often need to consider various aspects when they commence renovation projects. At the outset, they’ll need to ascertain the needs of the occupants. Then, they’ll need to determine the type of layout and design that will provide optimal value. After this, comes the detailing for each of the individual elements that, when integrated together, constitute the kitchen. When it comes to kitchen designs and layouts, many people feel that modern kitchen designs are the same as contemporary ones. So, they use these terms interchangeably. But, each of these design styles feature some differences. Knowing the difference might help you make the right choice when you want to remodel your kitchen.
What Are Some of the Most Essential Aspects of Modern Kitchen Designs?
Contemporary kitchens denote kitchens that possess features, which are currently the craze. In contrast, modern kitchens refer to design styles that were popular from the early to the mid-20th century. The styles of these kitchens bore a marked difference to the traditional kitchens of the time before the Industrial Revolution. Some of the most fundamental features of modern kitchens comprise:
- Door styles featuring flat panels
- Frameless and full-overlay cabinets, where the doors overlay the cabinet box
- Sleek and minimalist hardware that is a part of the cabinet such as tubular pulls, flat liner pulls etc.
- Cabinet hardware that runs the entire length of the doors and the drawers and,
- Countertops and splashbacks that are devoid of any patterns or veining
Get Your Kitchen Remodelling Projects Managed by the Best Team of Kitchen Designers in Sydney
When you want to incorporate modern kitchen designs, you will need the support of an experienced team of kitchen designers. The Kitchen Broker is the company to rely on for any kind of kitchen remodelling project that you want to commence. We are a team of independent designers. We will ascertain your needs first. Then, we will take you directly to the manufacturers and tradespeople to get the best value for each dollar that you spend. Unlike other kitchen designers, we have won several awards that testify to the quality of our services. We do not only specialise in designing kitchens and their interiors. We can manage the entire renovation project too, thereby saving you a lot of time and effort. To get the quality kitchen that you desire, click here.
Every homeowner likes having an elegant and functional kitchen. This is especially so in contemporary times when the kitchen has effectively become the hub of the house. Looking at spacious kitchens filled with state-of-the-art appliances in magazines can be a good way to pick up some renovation design ideas. But, many modern kitchens are not as spacious as the ones appearing in these magazines. The lack of space in the kitchen might make many a homeowner feel that they cannot get a better kitchen. However, this is not quite true. Smaller kitchens can score highly on their visual appeal and functionality, if you plan their design and layout well.
What Renovation Design Ideas Can Make Small Kitchens Appear Larger than they Actually Are?
It’s essential to utilise the space available effectively in smaller kitchens. Once you do this, you will find your kitchen a delight to work in. Thereafter, you’ll be able to add various embellishments to give your kitchen an elegant makeover. Some ideas that you could consider implementing include:
- Installing a mirrored splashback to create the illusion of space, while reflecting light all around
- Opting for a combination of light colours to make the space seem larger than it actually is
- Using open shelves to make it easier to access all your dishes and utensils
- Selecting patterned floors to make the space in your class kitchen appear larger and,
- Installing an array of lights e.g. under-cabinet lights, flush lights, recessed lighting fixtures etc. to make the kitchen brighter and warmer
Hire an Experienced Kitchen Planner to Acquire a Dream Kitchen
Thinking of some interesting renovation design ideas for your kitchen is easy. Finding a reputed kitchen designer to make those ideas a reality is not as easy. This is why many homeowners across Sydney look for experience, expertise and professional accolades when they hire kitchen designers. On all three counts, no kitchen designing firm fares as well as The Kitchen Broker. We’re a team of independent and award-winning kitchen and interior designers in Sydney. We’ll not only help you design your kitchen in the most efficient manner. We will represent you to the kitchen industry and acquire the best products and finishes at the most cost effective rates. With us, you will get the best outcome in terms of quality with minimal fuss.
Just as bedrooms need to exude warmth and comfort, kitchens need to be functional and aesthetic. Homeowners are often demanding more from their kitchens, whether it is in terms of working space or storage. This is why many kitchen renovation projects focus on adding several kitchen cabinets. In many cases, the cost of these cabinets typically consumes approximately half of the kitchen renovation budget.
What Are the Most Popular Varieties of Kitchen Cabinets Nowadays?
Shopping for kitchen cabinets could leave you feeling intimidated with the wide range of options available. Kitchen cabinets help you meet your storage requirements. Yet, they can exert a significant degree of influence towards the overall look of your kitchen. This is why it pays to select the kind of cabinets you need carefully. Some of the most popular kinds of kitchen cabinets include:
- Base (or Lower) Cabinets: These cabinets are both strong and robust. They provide the ideal base for heavy countertops. Or, you could use them for creating a kitchen island or even, a seating space near the kitchen windows. From utensils to spices, you can store an array of items in these cabinets.
- Wall (or Upper) Cabinets: These wall-mounted cabinets are ideal for homes with tiny kitchens. Such kitchens usually do not provide much storage space. So, by installing these cabinets on the walls, you can maximise the utilisation of the space available.
- Tall (or Pantry) Cabinets: These utility cabinets offer ample storage space. At the same time, they offer a sleek vertical look. Store bulky pots and pans in these cabinets. Or, conceal some of your kitchen appliances in these cabinets to make the kitchen uncluttered.
Acquire the Kitchen of Your Dreams with the Experts in Kitchen Renovations
For many homeowners, a dream kitchen is no longer a myth. This is because they engaged the specialists at The Kitchen Broker for their kitchen remodelling projects. We’re a team of independent and award-winning designers. We are proficient in designing kitchens tailored to suit your needs and working styles. In addition, we oversee the entire project too. With us, you won’t need to fret or worry over anything. In fact, you’ll find that we’ll give you the best value for each dollar that you spend. Whether you need new kitchen cabinets or a more efficient layout, we can do it all. To know more, call us at 02 9484 3464.
Image Source: todfrank/pixabay
Kitchens have rapidly become the hub of many contemporary homes. So, if the kitchen has ample space for sitting as well as preparing meals, then you probably are getting the best value from your kitchen. But, if you want your kitchen to offer high levels of functionality along with an enchanting look, then you might need to consider revamping a few things. For instance, you could consider replacing your unappealing kitchen benchtop. Doing so could have a significant effect on the ambience of your kitchen.
What Kinds of Kitchen Benchtops Are Popular in Australian Kitchens?
The kitchen benchtop is one of the most used surfaces in the kitchen. Thus, the abundance of benchtop options should come as no surprise. Some of the most popular benchtops include:
- Laminate Benchtops: These are the cheapest of all kitchen benchtops. They are easy to customise. They don’t require the use of any special chemicals for cleaning. Above all, they are hygienic as well, because they are not conducive for the proliferation of bacteria and moulds.
- Quartz Benchtops: These are popular because they are highly attractive. They are stain-resistant, burn-resistant and heat-resistant. They do not allow disease-inducing microorganisms to proliferate either.
- Granite Benchtops: This diamond-hard surface comes in an array of colours and patterns. It can resist stains, scratches and burns too.
- Marble Benchtops: These benchtops are softer than granite benchtops. But, they can make your kitchen more attractive with their classic beauty. They will not chip when you cut food products on them. They are heat-resistant too.
- Acrylic Benchtops: Acrylic is cheaper than many other stone surfaces. These benchtops are easy to install and maintain. They are stain-resistant too.
Get the Custom Kitchens that Suit You Admirably with The Kitchen Broker
Whether you want an entirely new kitchen or attractive kitchen benchtops, The Kitchen Broker is where you need to go. We’re a team of independent and award-winning kitchen and interior designers in Sydney. We specialise in designing kitchens to suit the working styles of their users. And, we can help you select from a myriad of finishes to help you acquire the kitchen of your dreams. Unlike other designers, our work doesn’t end at the design stage. Instead, we liaise with all the suppliers and tradespeople to bring you the best outcome in terms of price and quality. For more details, call us at 02 9484 3464.
Image Source: TA9141985/pixabay