In general, a modern or contemporary design refers to what’s in vogue in today’s times. However, when it comes to modern kitchen designs, these kitchens are characterized by clean sleek lines, a minimalistic design with a focus on utilising the available space in the best possible way. Whether you want to transform your current kitchen or you want to build a new one from the ground up, our experts have compiled a list of some helpful renovation design ideas so that you can achieve your dream modern kitchen with utmost ease.
- Updating kitchen elements: Modern kitchen designs are geared towards maximising functionality in the given space. So, apart from providing you the most efficient layout, an experienced kitchen planner will also help you incorporate the latest technology in your kitchen. Even if your existing kitchen is just a few years old, you’ll be astonished to see the advancements that kitchen industry has made since then. With custom storage solutions, under cabinet lighting and the ability to hide bulky appliances will help you create a functional, clean and contemporary kitchen effortlessly.
- Benchtops: Traditionally, some of the most popular materials for kitchen benchtops are granite, marble and laminate. However, more and more homeowners these days have started opting for quartz benchtops since quartz is non-porous and stronger than other natural stones. Quartz benchtops look similar to those made of granite but they need minimal maintenance. Unlike marble or granite, you won’t have to reseal quartz benchtops after every few years.
- Backsplashes: Earlier, either homeowners simply opted out of using backsplashes in their kitchens or installed them mainly because they were easy to clean. However, in today’s modern kitchen designs, backsplashes serves a purpose as far as design is concerned. So, instead of choosing simplistic backsplashes of matching colours, renowned kitchen designers make use to some unique and different colours to make colours pop. This is actually a very cost-effective way to impart a character to an otherwise minimalistic modern kitchen.
For more renovation design ideas or to discuss your kitchen remodelling project, visit ‘The Kitchen Broker’ today!
At ‘The Kitchen Broker’, our experts have compiled a list of some handy kitchen ideas to help you get maximum style and efficiency for your small kitchen. If you’ve a limited budget, the best decision you can take is collaborate with a professional kitchen planner in Sydney. Their experience and skills allow them to get you the most efficient kitchen designs and top quality products at the lowest possible prices. So, a small investment can help you save some serious money in the long run.
- Lighting: You can make your kitchen appear much bigger than it actually is by using a clever lighting scheme and some white cabinetry. While completely white kitchens are not a bad idea, the design can get a bit bland at times. So, try to use some artwork to make your kitchen look more interesting. You can also consider glass front cabinet doors and an open shelving system to keep the kitchen atmosphere airy and spacious.
- Use Reflective Surfaces: Make use of reflective surfaces at strategic locations to make any space appear larger. In case, you prefer a contrasting look, use dark cabinetry with white walls.
- Make Your Kitchen Clutter-Free: Try to eliminate or reduce unnecessary clutter in your kitchen. Just keep the items that are needed on most days. This simple step will do a world of good to your small kitchen, and make it efficient beyond your expectations. A crowded kitchen always looks messy and small no matter how large it is. Hire a good designer to optimize storage in your kitchen so that you don’t have to keep everything on your benchtop.
- Utilize Vertical Space As Much As Possible: A good design that uses the vertical space will actually increase the storage in your kitchen while making it look less busy at the same time.
- Allow Natural Light: In addition to adequate lighting, allow natural light in the kitchen. Also clever lighting such as under cabinet lights will enhance the ambience of your kitchen.
Looking for an experienced kitchen planner in Sydney to help you design a perfect kitchen? Get in touch with ‘The kitchen Broker’ today!
Image Source: pixabay.com
At The Kitchen Broker, we have seen a lot of kitchen trends come and go over the years. So, it’s completely understandable that sometimes homeowners can choose kitchen ideas that may not exactly suit their needs. So, instead of regretting such impulsive decisions later on, you should try to make an informed choice with the help of a trusted kitchen planner in Sydney right at the start of your kitchen renovation project.
With that in mind, here are some ideas to enhance the beauty and market value of your kitchen, and most importantly, to make it foolproof for the future.
- The Colour: When it comes to popular colours for any type of kitchen in Sydney, white occupies the top slot. White kitchens have a timeless appeal to them. This particular colour also makes the whole process of choosing colours for your appliances and other kitchen components incredibly easy. All you have to do is contact the kitchen shop and let them know that you have a white kitchen at the time of purchasing accessories and appliances. And the experienced kitchen experts at the kitchen shop will recommend you the best options within minutes.
- The Cabinets: Shaker styled cabinets look sleek and minimalistic, and will never go out of style. Whether classic or modern kitchen, shaker styled cabinets look perfect in any setting. Like the white colour, clean and elegant shaker cabinets can make your kitchen look clutter-free and spacious. In high-end designs, cabinets always form the backdrop of the kitchen design, and shaker style cabinets, with their clean, simple lines, will help you accomplish that with aplomb.
- The Design: Ergonomic Design is in vogue these days. What makes it special is that apart from the looks, it also focuses on the practicality of your kitchen. An experienced kitchen planner in Sydney can help you get a kitchen design that offers excellent convenience to everyone in the kitchen, make everyone feel comfortable and doesn’t lose its value with another emerging trend. There are several kitchen ideas that can help you achieve such a kitchen, like – choosing open floor plans, opting for wall ovens so that you won’t have to bend to use them and choosing pull-out shelves for lower cabinets so that you can easily see the items inside them even while standing.
For more kitchen ideas, get in touch with The Kitchen Broker today!
White kitchens are popular among homeowners in Sydney because of a variety of reasons. Whether you opt for a contemporary or a classic kitchen design, the white colour can make your kitchen look sleek and spacious without any major investment. White kitchens also allow you to experiment with the colours of your accessories and appliances to make your kitchen as stunning as you want it to.
Modern white kitchens are a great option for you whether you’ve selected a compact kitchen design in your urban apartment or you’re planning to build a spacious and open kitchen for your vacation home. Let’s have a look at a few simple tips to achieve contemporary and classic white kitchen with ease.
Contemporary White Kitchens
White kitchens are ideal for creating a modern, streamlined and minimalistic look that’s simply impossible with other design options. To enhance the impact even further, use high gloss white finishes, glass and sleek hardware.
To make your white kitchen truly pop, use timber hue for the edges of the doors, and use the same colour on the edges of your white benchtop. An experienced kitchen planner in Sydney can recommend you even more wonderful options.
Many homeowners prefer high gloss look because glossy kitchen cabinets are easier to maintain. Before polishing and waxing, several coats of lacquer are applied on the surface of high gloss cabinets. So, they don’t just brighten up your kitchen interiors, they are scratch resistant and durable too.
Classic White Kitchens
Some people are uncomfortable with the idea of having a colourful classic kitchen. If you’re one of them, simple choose a timeless classic white kitchen. A side benefit of this design is that you’ll also create a modern feel to your classic kitchen. Choose painted white wood cabinets to create a high-end classic look. For a fresh yet detail-oriented class kitchen design, use shaker styled cabinet doors.
To avoid a predominately white look of a modern kitchen, opt for grey toned marble benchtops. White brick tiles are also the staple of white kitchens.
To create a kitchen of your dreams, it’s important to take a look at your lifestyle and things you love. Get in touch with The Kitchen Broker to know how we can achieve this for you!
You might be thinking about hiring a professional kitchen planner and designer, but you haven’t quite made up your mind yet. Recent findings have shown that most of the successful kitchen renovations are accomplished with the help of an expert. Here are some of the reasons why hiring an expert for your kitchen renovation project can be a good idea.
- Helping You Achieve Your Dream Kitchen: You have it all in your mind. You selected the best kitchen ideas in Sydney from glossy home renovation magazines and you’ve a clear-cut idea about the type of cabinets, flooring and lighting you want in your kitchen. But how will you bring this to reality. This is where a professional kitchen planner comes into the picture. Not just will they give you the most practical advice on how to build your dream kitchen but they will also provide you all the resources you’ll need from beginning till the end of your project.
- Setting A Budget: Most homeowners exceed their predetermined budget by the end of their project. It’s okay if you want to splurge as long as it shows in your renovations or improves the functionality of your kitchen in some way. However, without a kitchen planner, most often homeowners barely manage to get the kitchen they envisioned in their mind but at a twice or thrice the cost. This is an area where you need someone who knows kitchen renovations inside out. Professionals can help you set an effective budget, get quality materials at very competitive prices and help you decide on the upgrades that can enhance the value of your home.
- Manage Your Project: if you’re busy, you might find it hard to deal with a time consuming job like a kitchen remodel. Therefore, you should hire someone who is knowledgeable enough and can work on your project with dedication. In this scenario, kitchen design professionals fit the bill perfectly.
- Expert Guidance: A kitchen remodel project consists of numerous details such as choosing a suitable material for benchtops, taking permits, precautions and following best practices, to name a few. Hiring a skilled and experienced kitchen planner ensures flawless planning as well as proper consideration of all the necessary measures before you start your project.
If you know what you want from your kitchen renovations, or you need any assistance from expert kitchen planner to turn your vision into reality, contact The Kitchen Broker today!
When it comes to the parts of your home that can deliver you the best return on investment after a renovation, your kitchen wins hand down. Well thought-out kitchen plans in Sydney can increase the value of your home by as much as 30 percent. However, before you start shopping for your kitchen splashbacks, benchtops and cabinets for your new kitchen, it’s important to know about your options so that you can spend your money productively.Let’s have a look at some helpful tips from professional kitchen designers.
- Focus On Critical Parts First: Most people start looking to add expensive accessories to their existing kitchen when their more important components like cabinets or benchtops are falling apart. That’s not a wise investment. Start with the crucial components, and then think about the accessories. For instance cabinets and benchtops usually take up more than half of the space in most kitchens. Just upgrading them can make your kitchen look brand new again. To enhance it further, you can invest in quite affordable kitchen splashbacks.
- Consider Cost-Effective Options: Most kitchen experts agree that an extensive kitchen renovation project can cost you around 5 percent of the market value of your home. But there are plenty of ways to save money without compromising on the results. If your cabinets are in need of an upgrade, consider refacing them instead of installing new ones to save money. Instead of completely demolishing and rebuilding your kitchen from scratch, you can choose to keep the existing layout intact and replace everything else. Choose the most efficient kitchen plans in Sydney for your needs. Take inspiration from kitchen images and get creative. Trust us; you can achieve spectacular results even on a tighter budget.
- Replacing Benchtops: Quality benchtops, installed by professionals, can enhance the value of your kitchen by a whopping 70 percent. One of the best materials for kitchen benchtops in Australia today is granite. Granite is highly durable and looks stunning. Not just it provides you an extremely useful and resilient surface to accomplish your everyday kitchen tasks with aplomb, but you can also choose from a plethora of colours and textures to make your kitchen as stunning as you want.
For more guidance, get in touch with experienced kitchen design professionals at The Kitchen Broker today!
When it comes to any kitchen remodelling project in Sydney, most homeowners think of it as an expensive and time consuming process. However, giving a makeover to your kitchen doesn’t have to be too heavy for your pocket. There are a number of affordable renovation design ideas that you can use to transform your kitchen without investing too much money.
Let’s have a look at a few simple yet effective renovation design ideas to give a quick makeover to your kitchen and infuse a new life into it right within your budget.
- Change the ambience with new lighting: If you’ve ordinary lighting in your kitchen with just one light fixture at a central location, your kitchen might not have a perfectly balanced ambience. Installing a few new light fixtures at strategic locations by using some suitable kitchen plans in Sydney will create a perfect combination of functional and decorative lighting. A well balanced lighting scheme will also help you get rid of unnecessary glare.
- Create visual appeal with new colours: This is without a doubt one of the easiest and most affordable renovation design ideas. A few coats of paint are all you need to make your kitchen stand out and create visual interest.
- Replace your benchtops: A Benchtop is the focal point in most kitchen designs and updating it is a sure-fire way to drastically enhance the look of your kitchen with a little investment. If you want to splurge, you can choose from natural stone options, such as graphite, marble or slate. If you’re looking for more cost-effective options, laminate benchtops are a good option.
- Install a kitchen island: If you have some extra space in your kitchen, updating your existing island or adding a new one can drastically transform your kitchen. Though it takes up some space, it will actually increase the workable area in your kitchen. With good kitchen plans in Sydney and a strategically located kitchen island, you’ll have more space to chop, serve and cook your food. Professionally installed islands blend seamlessly with the other components and existing decor of your kitchen.
If you’ve got bored of how your kitchen looks, but doesn’t want a complete remodel, you can still give a facelift to your kitchen with these renovation design ideas. For more information, get in touch with The Kitchen Broker today!
Most homeowners are always looking for ways to incorporate more gathering and entertainment areas in their kitchen. A kitchen island bench is an excellent investment to accomplish such goals in custom kitchens in Sydney. Kitchen islands have become an important aspect of kitchen designs these days. They provide a convenient place to accommodate all the necessary amenities that are required in any modern kitchen. With refrigerators, drawers and ovens fighting to occupy precious spots in a kitchen, a significant amount of extra storage space is a valuable asset for any kitchen.
There are endless possibilities when it comes to designing kitchen islands for custom kitchens in Sydney. However, before finalizing the design, take your time to mull over how exactly you’re going to use your kitchen island bench. Do you want to increase the storage space? Do you need more benchtop space? What are the kitchen accessories you want for your kitchen island bench? Finding answers to these simple questions can help you get the most out of your custom kitchens in Sydney.
- Getting started – After you’re certain about your needs, try to visualize your custom kitchen with your new kitchen island. You can use a cardboard to replicate your kitchen island space to visualize more clearly. This step will help you choose the correct placement for your future kitchen island bench. This will also allow you to ensure that there’s enough free space in the kitchen for you and others to manoeuvre without any trouble.
- Island for custom kitchens in Sydney: If you want to have a complete creative control over your new kitchen island, choose custom or semi-custom kitchen island bench. Expert designers at ‘The Kitchen Broker’ will work closely with you to help you get the results that are perfect for your lifestyle, space and home. Custom Island is a wonderful solution if you’re patient enough to think about your exact requirements and want nothing less than flawless results.
If you need top-notch assistance for any project regarding custom kitchens in Sydney, experienced kitchen designers at The Kitchen Broker can help you setting a budget and finalizing a design that will work perfectly for you. For more information, feel free to book an appointment with one of our kitchen design experts right-away!
If you’re a homeowner who is fond of sleek and spotless design, a contemporary white kitchen is a perfect choice for you. Most homeowners choose to have white kitchens because apart from lending a contemporary and minimalistic touch to their space, white colour also makes their kitchens look spacious than their actual size. Second benefit of white kitchens is that you can spice up or change the theme of your kitchen as frequently as you want. If you’ve chosen a white themed kitchen, below are some renovation design ideas that can help you add even more style and elegance to your white kitchen?
- White kitchens look sleek and stunning when they are brand new. However, if not maintained well, white cabinets and other components can lose their original appeal and start looking dull a few years down the line. To get rid of this dull look and to infuse a new life into white kitchens, you can choose to include some bright and colourful elements in them. But make sure you choose a colour that has already been used somewhere in the kitchen so that it can blend seamlessly with the existing design.
- Another thing you can do to enhance the appeal of white kitchens is by adding textures. You can do it by adding minor elements, such as mats, of interesting and different textures. Select a suitable texture and use the same in different areas of your kitchen for a unified overall effect.
- White kitchens have a light and airy feel to them. You can enhance this particular aspect of your white themed kitchen by including some colourful plants in your kitchen design. Properly maintained plants actually look great in white kitchens. This is one of those cost-effective renovation design ideas than can make your kitchen stand out effortlessly. Since these plants do not take much space, you can add style and elegance to your kitchen without sacrificing precious space in your kitchen.
These are some renovation design ideas that can help you enhance the look and feel of your white kitchen when you get tired of seeing the same white coloured kitchen over and over again. For more kitchen renovation design ideas, get in touch with The Kitchen Broker today.
While it’s not that difficult to get quotes from some experienced kitchen renovation companies in Sydney and know the costs of new kitchen fixtures, materials, lights and appliances, the underlying expenses in a kitchen renovation project can astonish most of the homeowners. So, before looking for renovation design ideas for your dream kitchen, it’s important to understand various processes and terminology used by a kitchen planner in Sydney to know the exact expenses you have to bear in your renovation project. Let’s have a look at some important factors you should keep in mind.
- Final cost: Most kitchen renovation firms and even a good kitchen planner in Sydney can’t determine the exact final cost before the start of a project. However, experienced companies that are known for attention to detail, such as The Kitchen Broker, can provide you nearest estimated cost for your project. They should also be able to tell you the precise costs of all different aspects of kitchen renovations.
- Stick to your budget: Once you have chosen from the most suitable renovation design ideas and determined the budget for your dream kitchen, make sure you stick with that amount. It’s easy to get carried away and splurge by looking at the all the luxurious and expensive renovation design ideas, but a trusted company can help you achieve a spectacular kitchen right within your budget.
- Factors that can influence overall expenses: If you’re planning on an extensive kitchen renovation, there are a few additional factors you’ll need to consider. For instance arranging another accommodation options during the renovation especially if you’ve kids or pets in your home. Secondly, the money needed for restaurant meals and take outs. All these underlying expenses can become a major source of burden if not planned beforehand in extensive renovations.
If you’re looking for top-notch renovation design ideas and an experienced kitchen planner in Sydney, The Kitchen Broker is here to help you. As one of the most trusted kitchen renovation firms in Sydney, The Kitchen Broker is known for quality craftsmanship and unrivalled customer care. For more information, get in touch with The Kitchen Broker today.