Designing the layout of a kitchen is not easy. Many homeowners want their kitchens to suit their working habits. But, they often lack the basic knowledge of the types of kitchen plans and layouts on offer. In addition, they will usually not be aware of the tricks of the trade that can boost their efficiency as they work in the kitchen. This is why many homeowners prefer working with experienced and certified kitchen planners and designers. These professionals often have years of working in kitchens of all shapes and sizes. Thus, they will easily be able to harness their expertise to make your dream kitchen a reality.
What Are the Benefits of Engaging Professional Kitchen Planners and Designers?
Kitchen remodelling projects are not as simple as they might initially appear to be. Whether you’re planning a simple design makeover or a complete overhaul, you’ll typically need to consider a number of things. In addition, you’ll need to remember that every change will cost some amount of money. This is why it’s best to hire professional kitchen designers. These professionals possess ample know-how about selecting the best materials, finishes and colour schemes. Moreover, they know how to integrate everything seamlessly too. By hiring professional designers, you will be able to:
- Gain access to unique and high-quality materials at the best prices
- Get materials that enhance the functionality, stylishness and aesthetic appeal of the kitchen designed to last for years
- Avoid having to deal with multiple suppliers, contractors and tradespeople and,
- Increase the value of your house
Incorporate the Best Features of Modern Kitchen Designs to Make Your Kitchens More Functional and Attractive
To make your dream kitchen a reality, you’ll require professional assistance. At The Kitchen Broker, we specialise in bringing dream kitchens to life. We’re an award-winning team of kitchen planners and interior designers. Over the years, we have acquired immense experience and knowledge in giving some of the drabbest kitchens a swanky makeover. This involves managing the entire project from design to completion. It involves utilising our experience when liaising with various suppliers and tradespeople too. Our reputation enables us to give you the best value for each dollar that you spend. Moreover, with us at the helm, you won’t feel stressed or anxious at any stage. This is why we’re Sydney’s leading team of kitchen designers. Click here to view some design tips.
Exceedingly functional kitchens that do not compromise on their visual appeal are increasingly becoming popular throughout the country. Many homeowners typically need a large amount of storage space in their kitchens. For this, they will need to get kitchen cabinets of the right size. Estimates suggest that kitchen cabinets often consume more than 50 percent of the budget for all kitchen renovation projects. This is why it makes perfect sense to understand the varieties of cabinetry on offer.
An Overview of Kitchen Cabinets
There are four basic varieties of kitchen cabinets. These include:
- Standard Base Cabinets: These will usually be 24 inches deep and 36 inches tall. They might rest on four-inch recessed risers occasionally.
- Upper Cabinets: Found in almost all classic kitchens, these cabinets will usually be 12 inches deep
- Tall Cabinets: These are ideal for providing pantry space and broom storage. They will usually be 83 inches in height.
- Specialty Cabinets: These cabinets help in maximising square footage. They could include corner cabinets, bottle racks, cooktop fronts etc.
Besides these, cabinetry suppliers often grade kitchen cabinets into four grades based on the quality of the construction. These cabinetry grades comprise:
- Stock Cabinets: These cabinets are mass-produced and come in fixed sizes. Hence, they cannot be altered, which affects their versatility.
- Ready to Assemble (RTA) Cabinets: Suppliers provide these readily available cabinets in boxes. They are ideal for ‘Do It Yourself’ (DIY) homeowners. These cabinets require assembling and do not offer much variety in terms of materials, size and styles.
- Custom Cabinets: These cabinets are usually made-to-order. This is why they offer the most diverse selection in styles, materials, finishes and accessories. Tailored to the needs of clients, these cabinets could be slightly pricier.
- Semi-Custom Cabinets: This represents the mid-range option in cabinetry. Suppliers offer some adjustments in size with better quality construction.
Hire Award-Winning Designers to Get Stylish and Functional Custom Kitchens in Your Sydney Home
Many Sydneysiders entrust their kitchen remodelling projects to The Kitchen Broker. We’re a team of independent and award-winning kitchen designers. Regardless of your budget, we can give you the quality kitchen that you sorely need. Our ability to manage the project end-to-end will save you time and money. So, think of us when you need to re-design your kitchen or revamp your kitchen cabinets. Click here to see the difference we can make.
Every homeowner wants their home to the cynosure of the neighbourhood. This is why they spend a lot of time and effort towards making their homes highly functional and visually appealing. In particular, the kitchens often come in for a lot of attention. This is especially so as contemporary kitchens are the hubs of the home. Many people in Australia have kitchens that are about 100 square feet (or less) in area. This lack of space usually makes homeowners resign themselves to the fact that they cannot transform their kitchens into dream kitchens. However, this is not true. With modern renovation design ideas, kitchen designers can transform even the smallest of kitchens into attractive and highly-functional areas.
What Kitchen Renovation Design Ideas Would Help in Giving Smaller Kitchens a Swanky Makeover?
No longer do owners of small kitchens need to feel envious of people having larger kitchens. You might not have a large space to work with. But, this stumbling block could well be an asset. For instance, remodelling a small kitchen often involves dealing with fewer services and inexpensive materials. Thus, the lower the space you need to revamp, the lesser you’ll need to spend. To renovate your small kitchen:
- Select the modern kitchen designs appropriate for smaller kitchens e.g. galley-shaped kitchens, U-shaped kitchens, one-wall kitchens etc.
- Curb the temptation to buy bigger appliances such as side-by-side refrigerators
- Prioritise your needs i.e. storage, counter space etc.
- Invest in stock cabinetry that is easy to install
- Maximise cabinet depth by installing roll-out shelves or lacy susans and,
- Install larger floor tiles to make your kitchen appear larger
The Kitchen Broker – Consult the Specialists Before You Carry Out Kitchen Renovations in Sydney
Not all homeowners have endless reserves of capital for carrying out their kitchen renovations. But, a lower budget should not be the reason for giving up on your dreams of a remarkable kitchen. This is why many Sydneysiders engage The Kitchen Broker for their kitchen renovations. Our award-winning designers harness the latest renovation design ideas to make every kitchen unique, functional and attractive. We do not merely design your kitchen. We help you choose the right finishes as well. More importantly, we manage the entire project from design to completion. As a result, you won’t find yourself fretting at any stage of the renovation. To view some kitchen design tips, click here.
For many homeowners across the country, having a well-designed kitchen is a necessity. No longer is the kitchen a room that remained confined to some remote part of the house. The kitchens of today are easily the epicentres of the house. Hence, it is hardly surprising that many homeowners expect more from their kitchens. So, if your kitchen isn’t giving you the functionality you seek, consider a renovation that transforms your cramped or inefficient kitchen into a classic kitchen.
What Are the Three Principle Classic Kitchen Designs that Homeowners Usually Consider?
Kitchen renovations could be the easiest ways for getting the kitchen of your dreams. Some homeowners want their kitchens to mirror the latest trends in modern kitchen designs. However, these trends could become outdated soon. This is why homeowners opt for the timeless look of classic kitchens. Contrary to popular perception, there are three design variations in classic kitchens. These comprise:
- The White Kitchen: These kitchens usually feature clean lines and sharp and brightly gleaming fixtures. Stainless steel hoods and wooden or marble countertops could make the kitchen feel warm and comfortable.
- The Rustic Kitchen: This layout typically features exposed beams, stone and wooden cabinetry. These kitchens tend to enable homeowners to congregate with their guests in the kitchen. Moreover, they offer some amount of flexibility too. For instance, you could consider incorporating certain modern touches to prevent the kitchen from appearing monotonous.
- The Modern Kitchen: Designers and builders typically use chrome, glass and clean lines for making these kitchens. Chairs upholstered in textured fabrics and wooden kitchen islands could make the kitchen look sleek. These kitchens will usually be bright and cheery, despite their minimalist look.
Make the Best Kitchen Ideas a Reality in Your Sydney Property with The Kitchen Broker
The Kitchen Broker is one of the leading kitchen designing firms in Sydney. Comprising a team of award-winning Certified Kitchen Designers (CKDs), we bring the best kitchen design ideas to life. Whether you need a classic kitchen or a modern one, our designers will give you the best kitchen for your budget. Unlike other designing firms, we offer you better value for your money. So, when you hire us, we will liaise directly with leading manufacturers and traders. Thereafter, we will oversee the entire project, thereby minimising any disruptions and hassles to your routine. For more details on what we do, click here.
Kitchens are no longer spaces where you only prepare meals and wash the dishes. In many houses across Australia, the kitchen has become the central area of the house. People spend large amounts of time in their kitchens not only for preparing meals or their favourite beverages. But, they use their kitchens for monitoring their kids’ homework or interacting with their guests too. Bearing this in mind, it becomes natural that people of all ages will be doing some work in the kitchen at various intervals. This is why the principles of universal design are fast becoming popular when it comes to kitchen renovation design ideas.
The Best Ways to Incorporate Universal Kitchen Renovation Design Ideas in Your Kitchens
For the uninitiated, the concept of universal design involves making your kitchen accessible to people of all ages, sizes and abilities. You might feel that creating such kitchens will involve a considerable amount of expenses. However, this is not the case. You could create a kitchen with a universal design by:
- Installing solid-surfacing countertops (e.g. granite, laminate etc.) that can withstand wear and tear whilst being easy to clean
- Ensuring that your kitchens have one large window to facilitate the entry of natural light, in addition to using task lighting above your kitchen islands and cooktops
- Installing cork or linoleum flooring, which is slip-resistant and comfortable
- Keeping your cleaning supplies behind closed cabinet doors fitted with safety locks to keep them out of reach of your kids
- Using single-lever faucets that people can use with closed fists or open hands – ideal if the family members are suffering from arthritis and,
- Installing open shelves to make it easier to find things
The Kitchen Broker – The Specialists in Making Dream Kitchens from All Kinds of Kitchen Plans in Sydney
Dream kitchens do not exist in your dreams. At The Kitchen Broker, we specialise in making these dreams a reality. An award-winning team of kitchen designers, we handle all kinds of kitchen renovation projects. We understand your requirements and complement them with our unique expertise. We formulate the best renovation design ideas to give you the best results for your money. We represent you to the manufacturers and traders and source the best products on offer. Thus, you get the best value for every dollar that you spend. To know more, call us at (02) 9484 3464.
Lots of homeowners find their kitchens too drab and uninteresting to work in. Nowadays, the kitchen is no less than the heart of the home. This is why homeowners prefer the delightful kitchens that they come across in glossy magazines or television shows. If this describes your situation perfectly, resist the temptation to pull apart your existing kitchen. Instead, go through various kitchen plans and layouts to ascertain the best features of these. Thereafter, you could use these for creating the kitchen you always dreamed of.
What Kinds of Kitchen Designs and Layouts Should You Go Through Prior to Making Your New Kitchen Plans?
When you’re going through various kitchen designs in Sydney and other cities, consider the following types of kitchens:
- Country Farmhouse Kitchens: These kitchens are usually open and inviting. They feature farmhouse tables and furniture-like cabinetry. They offer a myriad of finishes too. In many cases, country kitchens will have colour patterns comprising red, yellow, blue and cream.
- Modern Kitchens: Sleek and sophisticated, these kitchens follow a minimalist approach. They feature reflective surfaces and high-tech materials. Their sitting areas will typically feature exotic woods that add a touch of panache and luxury to the kitchen.
- Cottage Kitchens: These kitchens will usually exude a cosy and comfortable look. In many cases, these kitchens are unique because of their homespun touches and imperfect finishes. Homeowners often decorate these kitchens with offbeat art and similar collectibles.
- Contemporary Kitchens: These kitchens blend functionality with versatility. The mix of new, old, casual and polished seating and cooking elements in these kitchens makes them one of a kind. Moreover, these kitchens also come with ample space for meeting the needs of the occupants. So, whether you want to interact with your guests or require ample working space, these kitchens are popular throughout Australia today.
Are You Looking for an Award-Winning Kitchen Planner in Sydney?
Not all homeowners can make sense out of various kitchen plans. This is why it pays to hire reputed kitchen designers to get the kitchen you’ve always wanted. The Kitchen Broker is an award-winning team of kitchen and interior designers in Sydney. We take your requirements to the manufacturing industry for securing the best outcomes in terms of price and quality. We liaise with all the tradespeople and suppliers, thereby saving you time and energy. For more information, call us at 02 9484 3464.
Kitchen splashbacks have come a long way from the days when they were used for just practical purpose. Nowadays, you can find a huge variety of kitchen splashbacks in the market which allows you to make a unique style statement even without exceeding your budget. However, when it comes to spectacular kitchen renovations in Sydney, major components, such as kitchen benchtops and splashbacks, should blend perfectly with each other as well as with all the other elements in the kitchen. Let’s have a look at a few effective tips to achieve exactly this goal.
- Choosing kitchen benchtops: A benchtop is without a doubt the most important and expensive element in a kitchen. In most successful kitchen renovations in Sydney, benchtops are installed before kitchen splashbacks. So, if you’re feeling overwhelmed with the choices available in kitchen splashbacks and benchtops, it makes sense to select more important element first. Moreover, the number of colours and patterns available in kitchen benchtops are fewer than in splashbacks.
- Matching and contrasting: For a seamless design, use splashbacks and benchtop of matching or same material. For instance if your benchtop surface material is Caesarstone or neutral coloured granite, you can choose a variety of matching colours for your kitchen splashbacks, such as grey, brown, cream or beige for a smooth and well-balanced kitchen design. For homeowners who are looking for unique and bold kitchen interiors, splashbacks and benchtop of contrasting colours are a great option. However, make sure you consider other elements of the kitchen as well, such as cabinets, appliances and flooring so that everything coordinates well.
- Hire a specialist: Most homeowners cannot visualize their finished kitchen as well as experts do. This is the reason why owners have such a hard time selecting the right material for their kitchens. Moreover, they are not aware of the qualities and features of new products available in the market. Kitchen renovations in Sydney is the time when you’ve to make too many crucial decisions in a short span of time. So, do yourself a favour and hire a trusted kitchen design expert, such as The Kitchen Broker. Experts will not just help you weigh all your options and guide you, they can also help you save money on your renovation project.
For more information and a free quote, get in touch with The Kitchen Broker today!
Most people appreciate every bit of extra storage space they can find to store their kitchen essentials. If your cabinets are already overflowing, a well-planned walk in pantry is a great storage option for you. Whether you’ve a modern or classic kitchen, keeping most of your items in a walk in pantry can help you streamline a number if processes in your kitchen. Based on some of the best kitchen plans in Sydney, we’ve selected some walk in pantry ideas for your inspiration. Use the tips below for an aesthetically pleasing walk in pantry.
- Creating a new pantry – It’s always more challenging to create a new pantry in the existing kitchen than creating one in a new kitchen. The reason is that in old kitchens homeowners have to sacrifice an existing functional area to accommodate a new pantry. Whether you choose an attached garage or an adjacent hallway to fit the new pantry, it should be directly and conveniently accessible from the kitchen.
- Consider visibility– If you choose an open walk in pantry and the contents can be easily viewed from the kitchen area; make sure to keep the arrangement neat and clean. If your pantry is tucked behind a door, guests won’t notice the clutter as easily, but a well-organized pantry is still recommended for ease of use.
- Location: Most efficient kitchen plans in Sydney are the ones where the crucial components are located near the work area. For an efficient walk in pantry, choose a location that allows you to access it without disrupting other kitchen activities. You should be able to unload groceries and retrieve any items whenever you need conveniently.
- Shelving system: Many pantries have a fully functional inbuilt shelving system, but if your walk in pantry doesn’t have one, a shelving system is a good investment for you. While some people prefer custom shelving systems, others opt for cost-effective and flexible DIY options, such as systems with adjustable shelfs. Try to choose a system with a variety of shelf sizes.
At The Kitchen Broker, we are passionate about kitchens. We can help you create a kitchen that will suit your lifestyle and surroundings, and ensure aesthetical appeal and practicality. For a free quote, get in touch with The Kitchen Broker today!
The timeless features, neutral colours and minor details of classic kitchen designs ensure that these kitchens will stand the test of time and can suit a variety of styles, tastes and budgets. If you’re considering kitchen renovations in Sydney to attain a classic look for your kitchen, you should choose a kitchen design firm that knows how to create eye-catching details so that your kitchen will keep looking stunning for years and years. Let’s have a look at some design principles of classic kitchens so that you can create this kitchen style with ease.
- Cabinetry: Classic kitchens are known for their timeless look. With cream or white cabinets, you can easily create such a look that even the modernists will appreciate. Timeless yet simple and fresh, a white classic kitchen is all you need to attain this style.
- Marble countertops: White marble benchtops can really make your classic kitchen stand out. In most classic kitchen designs, marble countertops form the focal point. Though marble needs maintenance, there are only a few other options that can match its beauty.
- Keep it simple: The style of classic kitchen should be simple yet fresh. It should not be too ornate or too modern. Opt for shaker style cabinet doors. These doors can instantly impart a classic appeal to your kitchen.
- Flexibility: When it comes to the most flexible kitchen plans anywhere, classic kitchens top the list. You can add any number of elements to a classic kitchen to completely change its look. For instance adding modern bar stools, modern tiles, pendent lights and vintage style tables can transform your classic kitchen into an eclectic one. This flexibility allows homeowners to change the look of their kitchen anytime they want without breaking a bank. However, if you do want to change the design theme a few years down the line, it’s recommended to opt for neutral coloured tiles and other components for an easy design transition.
For more guidance on classic kitchen designs and latest trends in kitchen renovations in Sydney, get in touch with us today.
When it comes to modern kitchen designs in Sydney, kitchen images of simple and sleek hardware, frameless cabinets, minimal ornamentation, clean horizontal lines and stunning materials come to the mind. As one of the most trusted kitchen design firms in Sydney, we have discovered a number of design rules over the years that can help you get an aesthetically stunning and functional modern kitchen. Let’s take a look at some renovation design ideas for a modern kitchen:
- The work triangle: The work triangle, which consists of refrigerator, range and sink, should be optimally placed. It should allow the cook to move conveniently from one point to another, and yet at the same time, it should be spacious enough so that people don’t keep bumping into each other.
- Entertainment areas: The area meant for family gatherings and entertainment should not disrupt the work triangle in any way. This will ensure that the chef can work without any disturbance while your guests can have drinks or snack on appetizers without interfering in the cooking process.
- Cabinetry: Modern kitchens do not have unnecessary features that you can find in most traditional designs. So, cabinetry should be clean, sleek and highly practical. Modern kitchen designs in Sydney are all about flawless functionality, technically advanced appliances and showcasing your individual style. In fact, some homeowners opt for an open look by completely leaving off the cabinetry doors.
- Sleek, simple and functional designs: Modern kitchen designers are known for their attention to detail even at the stage of architectural drawings. Key operations, such as the swing of the doors of certain appliances like refrigerator, oven and dishwasher, as well as pull-out operation of trash bins have to be considered from the very beginning in the design process. The reason is that some of these operations can overlap or interfere with each other, and by studying their functionality before installing the actual hardware can help you produce the most flawless modern kitchen designs in Sydney.
Need more renovation design ideas? Get in touch with us today by calling 02 9484 3464 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org