Kitchens, like other rooms in the house, can appear shabby over time. They are the hub of modern homes too. As such, any renovation or remodelling in the kitchen will cause disruptions to your daily routine. This is why many homeowners tend to defer their kitchen renovation projects. But, putting off these projects or activities can be counterproductive. In addition, remodelling a kitchen can cost a lot of money. So, if you’re on a budget, you might feel that you will not be able to accomplish everything that you desire. But, hiring experienced kitchen planners and designers can help you get the best value for your money.
The Top Indicators that it’s Time You Consult Kitchen Planners for Remodelling Your Kitchen
You’ll know that it’s time to stop deferring your kitchen renovations when:
- The new appliances that you’ve purchased do not fit the space available
- Only one or two people can move about or work in the kitchen simultaneously
- Your kitchen does not offer any space for you to sit or hang out with visitors
- You lack sufficient space on the countertop
- Your kitchen doesn’t feature a kitchen island, which is one of the most popular kitchen ideas in Sydney and other places
- You find that the layout of your kitchen hampers your working style
- Your drawers and cupboards are overflowing or if you require more storage space
- The flooring requires sprucing up
- Your kitchen requires additional natural and/or artificial light and,
- The plumbing and electrical connections require a much-needed revamp
Engage the Leading Kitchen Designers to Acquire Custom Kitchens in Your Sydney Home
Not all homeowners can manage their kitchen renovations with aplomb. This is especially so when they need to manage the rest of their responsibilities as well. In this scenario, it’s best to entrust your kitchen to the best kitchen planners in the area. Professional kitchen designers like The Kitchen Broker can manage the entire project. They will keep your best interests at heart. In addition, they will take you directly to the tradespeople and manufacturers, thereby giving you optimal value for each dollar you spend. With us, you won’t need to deal with multiple suppliers or visit several showrooms. You can employ your time gainfully, leaving us to make the kitchen of your dreams a pleasant reality. Check out some of our design tips here.
We all look for ways to save money, and the same holds true when it comes to kitchen renovations in Sydney. However, you don’t want to compromise on the quality, functionality and looks. With that in mind, our experts here at The Kitchen Broker have compiled a list of some effective renovation design ideas that can help you make significant savings in your next kitchen renovation project.
- Aim for Symmetry: The key to making great savings in any kitchen renovation project lies in the design. If you want to keep your costs down, choose a simple, clean and functional design. Design has a huge impact on the layout, materials and internal functioning of your kitchen. For instance it’s too easy to splurge on drawers that have some unique opening mechanism. However, these can dramatically increase the cost of your drawers by as much as 100%. A good way to save money is to prefer symmetry and functionality over fancy options. For example choosing streamlined, elongated drawers would perform the same function but look more stunning and can be installed without breaking a bank.
- Cabinetry: Wall cabinets are a staple in most traditional kitchens in Sydney. But, if you can do without wall cabinetry, it can help you make some significant savings. Not only will this step help you save money, but it will also make your kitchen look more spacious and open. A kitchen without wall cabinets can save you as much as 30 percent in your project. That being said, depending on your storage needs and kitchen area, wall cabinets might be the right option for you. So, get in touch with a kitchen professional who is experienced in kitchen renovations in Sydney to explore these options.
- Appliances: The kind of appliances you want in your kitchen can dramatically affect your budget. The key here is to stick to the trusted brands that can provide you good quality appliances at a reasonable price. Don’t go for the cheapest options as they can prove to be more costly in the long run.
- Finishing – You might get surprised to know that the type of finish you choose for your kitchen doors can also increase your cost by a fair amount. Depending on your goals, there are some great ways to finish your kitchen doors. Superior and durable materials such as polyurethane can be used to finish any door surface. Another good but cost-effective option is laminate finish. Laminate finishes can be chosen from a variety of choices such as textured, sheen and ultra matte.
For more renovation design ideas or to discuss your renovation project, get in touch with the professionals at The Kitchen Broker today!
Sleek, uncluttered and minimalistic, modern kitchen designs can offer a space to homeowners who value clean aesthetics and high functionality. State-of-the-art hardware and clean simple lines are some of the important aspects of modern kitchen designs. Texture is used to enhance elegance and intrigue as well as to add some character to the kitchen despite having a minimal appearance.
Below are some essential tips on how to use modern kitchen plans in Sydney to achieve a contemporary space.
- Clean Lines: Attention to detail is the most important thing in all modern kitchen designs. Experienced Designers pay attention to where and how the lines cross and meet in order to create a harmonious feel. For instance splashbacks should in line with the cabinets, dimensions of drawers should be chosen with utmost care. Lastly, the kitchen design should look interesting yet being simple. When it comes to contemporary kitchen renovations, you can’t afford to make a mistake.
- Openness: Well-designed modern kitchens are uncluttered and spacious. Apart from paying attention to functionality and aesthetic elements of the kitchen, kitchen designers also take into account negative open space lying in between these elements. That’s why most of the components are kept to minimum. Open kitchen islands and sleek cabinetry are some of the consistent features of modern kitchen designs.
- Texture: Though simple in terms of design and aesthetic, texture is often included to add interest and character in a modern kitchen. Texture can be added to benchtops, doors, cabinetry, flooring and splashbacks etc. A simple texture can make a world of difference in the visual appeal of your kitchen. As a result, you’ll get a minimalist kitchen that has the power to turn heads.
- Storage: Any modern kitchen is well equipped with advanced and sleek storage systems. However, modern kitchens are meant to be spacious; so traditional storage systems rarely work in contemporary kitchen plans in Sydney. This is where modern solutions come into the picture. Cutting-edge futuristic storage systems are designed to get the best out of the available space.
Get In Touch With The Kitchen Broker to Discuss Your Kitchen Renovation Project
If you’re interested in updating your kitchen, please feel free to contact the experts at The Kitchen Broker today. Alternatively, you can use the contact form to provide us with your details, and we’ll get in touch with you at a time convenient for you.
When it comes to the most popular trends in kitchen designs, you cannot ignore the concept of personalization/customization. This is probably the hottest trend in the present day kitchen design industry of Australia especially when it comes to modern kitchen designs.
While it’s true that everyone has different needs and preferences, and so, the concept of personalisation should be different for everyone, the kitchen design trends however are surprisingly more or less the same everywhere. The only reasonable explanation for this can be that most people want to incorporate just those kitchen ideas that are in vogue right now. Let’s have a look at some aspects of custom kitchens.
- Functionality: This is an area where the real customization happens. It may not be the most visible part but functionality plays a vital role in modern kitchen designs. In fact, every kitchen planner in Sydney offers their services to accommodate as much customization as possible in their kitchen design. It makes sense to take advantage of this opportunity. Gone are the days when you were forced to adapt yourself to a pre-existing kitchen and store your items haphazardly. With custom designs, you’ll get everything at a location where it makes the most sense.
There are a lot of innovations happening in the functionality front such as customization of upper and base cabinets, different heights and depths, variety of shelves and open units and so on.
- Aesthetics: When it comes to personalization on aesthetic front, most homeowners stick to the neutral options, such as white lacquer cabinets for modern kitchen designs. Neutral colours are timeless and a safer choice in the long run. However, this has not always been the case. Few years back, colourful kitchens were all in vogue. Ironically, there was a lot of variety in kitchen designs in those days, until kitchen customization became a “big thing” in modern kitchen designs. It turns out that people prefer a neutral look when it comes to aesthetics of their kitchen. Kitchen customization is something that should only be attempted with the help of experienced kitchen designers.
So, what’s your favourite kitchen customization option? Let us know in comments. To know more about how we can help you make the most of available personalization options in your next kitchen remodelling project, get in touch with The Kitchen Broker today!
Food has always been at the core of efficient kitchen designs. Renowned kitchen designers make it a point to consider the dietary habits of their clients before creating the most suitable kitchen plans in Sydney for them. Food habits of people have evolved a lot in the past few years. Now more and more people have started following special diets and they are more concerned about their health than ever before. Healthier eating using health-friendly ingredients are in rage these days.
Let’s see how these changes have affected kitchen designs and kitchen plans in Sydney.
- Performance: Today’s technology has enable homeowners to get industrial-style kitchen equipment in their homes at very affordable prices. Now people can buy cutting-edge appliances and choose kitchen plans in Sydney according to their eating habits. With ever evolving kitchen appliance industry and experienced kitchen designers, everything is possible now at a very reasonable price.
- Entertainment: Contemporary kitchens have become a hub of entertainment in modern households. Cooking is not limited to a merely a process of preparing meals; it has become an activity that people love to share with their family and friends. This shift in preferences has significantly affected kitchen plans in Sydney and the way kitchen should be connected to the living and dining area. Kitchens have become the focal point in modern households.
- Customization: Today’s homeowners want their kitchens to be a reflection of ‘who they are’. This determines how their kitchen should function and how it should looks. So, kitchen designers use a wide range of colours, modular options, accessories and finishes to satisfy their clients.
- Presentation: Presenting food in the best possible way is also a part of entertainment that homeowners provide to their guests. That’s why people put a lot of thought and attention in the way they present the food.
- Storage: People do everything they can to reduce food waste. This is where intelligent storage solutions can help you. Not only today’s state-of-the-art storage systems allow owners to store their items in the most efficient way possible, but they also enable them to keep track of these items.
To know about the best kitchen plans in Sydney for your needs, get in touch with the award winning kitchen designers at the Kitchen Broker today!
Your plans for kitchen renovations Sydney can be complicated. This often involves lots of details surrounding how you’re going to prepare a nice surface with a beautiful series of features. Whether your classic kitchen plans entail new lighting fixtures, a new countertop or even some organization for your cabinets, you need a planner to help.
A kitchen planner will assist you with figuring out the specific renovations you need to utilize. There are many key steps that a planner will help you with when it comes to getting your kitchen to look its best.
A Floor Plan Is Needed
Your kitchen planner can help you develop a floor plan for this part of the house. It may include points on where appliances will be secured, counter spaces and where cabinets may be. A plan must be made to ensure your kitchen will have a better total look when finalized.
What Materials Are Used?
Your classic kitchen can also come with many great surfaces ranging from bright laminate surfaces to fine granite worktops. Your planner will help you determine what materials are needed based on the functions your kitchen requires, your budget and how well it will look alongside other things in your kitchen.
How Will the Installation Work?
You will also get help from your planner on how your classic kitchen installation plans will work. This includes understanding how well your countertops will be added or how shelves will be applied among other points. Your planner can give you a clear idea of how much time it will take for the project to be fully completed.
The last step involved involves getting a contractor to help you with preparing a total setup. Your contractor will give you information on how materials are to be gathered and how your final project will look. Your planner must help with hiring the right types of contractors who are experienced and understand the needs you hold.
Your kitchen planner will make a world of difference when you are aiming to get your Sydney kitchen to look outstanding. You will be surprised at how well the final results will be depending on what you require from this important part of your home.
Many Sydney kitchens often struggle with various walls being hurt by stains. Splashes of water and various bits of food can get all around walls near a sink or food preparation area in your kitchen. These can cause discolouration in your walls and in some cases will cause them to wear out and weaken. They are often hard to clean off too. Fortunately, you can add kitchen splashbacks to your walls around those sensitive spots.
Kitchen splashbacks are great for your renovation plans. Such splashbacks are designed to go on walls located near sinks and other spots where items might splash around. A splashback is critical for your kitchen renovations as it not only protects such walls but also improves upon how well a kitchen looks.
How a Splashback Is Designed
A splashback is designed as a small wall panel. This will be placed right next to the countertop and will work as an extension of sorts.
Such a panel will vary in size but it will typically be around 50 to 70 cm in height. This is enough to cover most splashes.
Also, such surfaces can cover extensive lengths. Many of them can be at least 120 cm long but they can be cut up if needed. You can also get several of them connected with each other on the same space if you need something longer.
What Are They Made Of?
Splashbacks can be made out of various items:
- Pressed metal can come with a smooth texture. It especially adds a bit of a shine depending on where it is placed.
- Laminate surfaces are often used because they can handle moisture and stains with ease. These use paper-based polymers to create one of many different designs.
- Traditional stone materials like marble or quartz can establish a classy look. You would have to watch for how porous some surfaces might be though.
- Bamboo wood is popular for being dense and easy to apply. It creates a nice dark brown tone that fits in well with many surfaces although it could be painted. It is also better for the planet in that it is a more renewable form of wood.
You will be surprised at how well such kitchen renovations can work for your home. A splashback will add a better look to your space when used right.
The odds are your Sydney kitchen has got loads of utensils, plates, bowls, glasses and various forms of cookware. You will need plenty of good spots to store them all in. Of course, you also need enough spaces to store foods in so you will not only keep them organized but also safe from being left out in the open to spoil.
Your kitchen renovations Sydney must involve enough ideal storage plans to make this room functional. There are many clever storage ideas that you can utilize today through the help of a talented kitchen planner. These options will help you make the most out of your kitchen.
Add Nice Storage Boxes
Open spaces in your kitchen can be prepared to allow for storage boxes to be added. Nice woven fabric boxes can be used for storing all sorts of utensils or cookware items. Depending on the appearances of those boxes, they may blend in well with whatever else you have to use.
Include Cabinets Over a Window
You can plan on using cabinets all around your window if you have one in your kitchen space. A truly clever storage idea would be to add cabinets above the window. This works best if the window is short enough to where you can reach spots above it.
Create a Pull-Out Pantry
A kitchen planner can help you with preparing a pull-out pantry in any cabinet space. This entails a deep space for storage being easy to pull out from a wall. It would be like a cabinet except all the storage tiers come out at once. The opening may also be on the side of the cabinet panel. This lets you look at everything in the pantry space without having to rummage through stuff just to find something in a back area.
Consider a Sliding Ladder
You can always go for a vertical approach to your storage needs. Added cabinets can be placed at the top parts of the kitchen walls. A sliding ladder can always be installed to give you access to more items.
Add Space For An Antique
An antique cabinet space can also be added to your kitchen to create a quaint storage space. This may fit in well if it has a colour that matches up with the overall design of your kitchen. An antique should have clear windows to see inside of it too.
When choosing a good design for your kitchen, you have to look for something that brings out a lively look. A classic kitchen design should entail an inviting appearance that stands out. It should be a vibrant and comfortable place for dining and food preparation alike.
Many kitchen designers Sydney focus on white as the key colour for any kitchen space. White is important for how it is not only a good neutral colour but is also bright enough to make any kitchen feel its best.
How a White Palette Works
White kitchens are often made with a vast variety of light surfaces. The white surfaces will primarily be organized around the cabinets and counters. You may also consider adding pieces of furniture that are also white although a slightly different shade of white would be recommended in such a case.
The white colour is typically designed to be as neutral as possible. This is to establish a shiny spot that looks even brighter when you have enough sunlight in your kitchen.
In fact, the white colour can be used in either wood or composite form. While wooden cabinets and countertops are great, some nice composite metal-like materials may be easier to maintain. This is especially the case with laminate worktops. Such worktops are often easier to repair and don’t have pores that are hard to maintain and clean out.
What About Contrasts?
Contrasting colours may be added to your white kitchen. They may be found in your light fixtures for the most part. The darker colours around light fixtures help to create a border that separates the light generated from the bright surfaces.
You can always use furniture in your kitchen that contrasts with the white surfaces too. Darker chairs are always nice to have, for instance. A classy wooden table with a light brown color may work as well.
How About the Floor?
A classic kitchen can use a wooden floor with a light brown colour. This should be nice enough to establish a quaint look without being too complicated or hard on the eyes. It blends in well with the white surfaces found elsewhere.
Remember that your kitchen design will make a difference in making this part of your Sydney home all the more enjoyable. White kitchens look beautiful in any case and will certainly give your home a great look.
Kitchen benchtops undoubtedly exert a significant degree of influence on the overall look and ambience of the kitchen. However, they come in a diverse range of materials and styles. When you pick the right one, it can serve to become the centrepiece of your kitchen. Homeowners typically want their kitchens to be highly functional. This is because the kitchen remains one of the most utilised spaces in the house. But, when in the kitchen, many people spend most of their time working on the benchtop. This is why benchtops must be strong, durable and sturdy enough to withstand daily and constant use.
What Kinds of Kitchen Benchtops Should You Consider Incorporating in Your Kitchen?
Some of the most popular benchtop surfaces in Australian kitchens comprise:
- Natural Stone: Granite and marble benchtops are incomparable in terms of appearance. They are quite expensive too. Both are stylish and durable materials. But, granite require regular sealing and re-sealing to keep it stain-resistant. Similarly, marble can make your kitchen look luxurious.
- Timber: This surface gives kitchens a warm and rustic appearance. Timber does scratch and stain easily. But, you can easily restore it by sanding and repolishing it.
- Porcelain: These surfaces are durable. They can withstand heat damage, staining and scratching too. Porcelain is non-porous as well, which makes it very hygienic.
- Tile: Many kitchen images feature tiled benchtops. Finding tiles that suit your design preferences is easy. In addition, tiles can withstand scratching and heat damage. However, cleaning these surfaces can be tough.
- Laminate: For people on a budget, laminate is the material of choice. At a fraction of the price of the actual materials, you can make your benchtop look very similar to timber or stone benchtops.
The Kitchen Broker comprises independent and award-winning designers. We specialise in giving homeowners the quality kitchens that they dream of. Unlike other kitchen designers, we manage the entire renovation project ourselves. We take you direct to the manufacturers and tradespeople. We liaise with them to give you the best products and finishes for your money. So, whether you require a kitchen benchtop or a complete design overhaul, we can save you time and money. Call us at (02) 9484 3464 to learn how we could help you get the kitchen of your dreams.
Image Source: Pixabay