You might be thinking about hiring a professional kitchen planner and designer, but you haven’t quite made up your mind yet. Recent findings have shown that most of the successful kitchen renovations are accomplished with the help of an expert. Here are some of the reasons why hiring an expert for your kitchen renovation project can be a good idea.
- Helping You Achieve Your Dream Kitchen: You have it all in your mind. You selected the best kitchen ideas in Sydney from glossy home renovation magazines and you’ve a clear-cut idea about the type of cabinets, flooring and lighting you want in your kitchen. But how will you bring this to reality. This is where a professional kitchen planner comes into the picture. Not just will they give you the most practical advice on how to build your dream kitchen but they will also provide you all the resources you’ll need from beginning till the end of your project.
- Setting A Budget: Most homeowners exceed their predetermined budget by the end of their project. It’s okay if you want to splurge as long as it shows in your renovations or improves the functionality of your kitchen in some way. However, without a kitchen planner, most often homeowners barely manage to get the kitchen they envisioned in their mind but at a twice or thrice the cost. This is an area where you need someone who knows kitchen renovations inside out. Professionals can help you set an effective budget, get quality materials at very competitive prices and help you decide on the upgrades that can enhance the value of your home.
- Manage Your Project: if you’re busy, you might find it hard to deal with a time consuming job like a kitchen remodel. Therefore, you should hire someone who is knowledgeable enough and can work on your project with dedication. In this scenario, kitchen design professionals fit the bill perfectly.
- Expert Guidance: A kitchen remodel project consists of numerous details such as choosing a suitable material for benchtops, taking permits, precautions and following best practices, to name a few. Hiring a skilled and experienced kitchen planner ensures flawless planning as well as proper consideration of all the necessary measures before you start your project.
If you know what you want from your kitchen renovations, or you need any assistance from expert kitchen planner to turn your vision into reality, contact The Kitchen Broker today!
When it comes to the parts of your home that can deliver you the best return on investment after a renovation, your kitchen wins hand down. Well thought-out kitchen plans in Sydney can increase the value of your home by as much as 30 percent. However, before you start shopping for your kitchen splashbacks, benchtops and cabinets for your new kitchen, it’s important to know about your options so that you can spend your money productively.Let’s have a look at some helpful tips from professional kitchen designers.
- Focus On Critical Parts First: Most people start looking to add expensive accessories to their existing kitchen when their more important components like cabinets or benchtops are falling apart. That’s not a wise investment. Start with the crucial components, and then think about the accessories. For instance cabinets and benchtops usually take up more than half of the space in most kitchens. Just upgrading them can make your kitchen look brand new again. To enhance it further, you can invest in quite affordable kitchen splashbacks.
- Consider Cost-Effective Options: Most kitchen experts agree that an extensive kitchen renovation project can cost you around 5 percent of the market value of your home. But there are plenty of ways to save money without compromising on the results. If your cabinets are in need of an upgrade, consider refacing them instead of installing new ones to save money. Instead of completely demolishing and rebuilding your kitchen from scratch, you can choose to keep the existing layout intact and replace everything else. Choose the most efficient kitchen plans in Sydney for your needs. Take inspiration from kitchen images and get creative. Trust us; you can achieve spectacular results even on a tighter budget.
- Replacing Benchtops: Quality benchtops, installed by professionals, can enhance the value of your kitchen by a whopping 70 percent. One of the best materials for kitchen benchtops in Australia today is granite. Granite is highly durable and looks stunning. Not just it provides you an extremely useful and resilient surface to accomplish your everyday kitchen tasks with aplomb, but you can also choose from a plethora of colours and textures to make your kitchen as stunning as you want.
For more guidance, get in touch with experienced kitchen design professionals at The Kitchen Broker today!
When it comes to any kitchen remodelling project in Sydney, most homeowners think of it as an expensive and time consuming process. However, giving a makeover to your kitchen doesn’t have to be too heavy for your pocket. There are a number of affordable renovation design ideas that you can use to transform your kitchen without investing too much money.
Let’s have a look at a few simple yet effective renovation design ideas to give a quick makeover to your kitchen and infuse a new life into it right within your budget.
- Change the ambience with new lighting: If you’ve ordinary lighting in your kitchen with just one light fixture at a central location, your kitchen might not have a perfectly balanced ambience. Installing a few new light fixtures at strategic locations by using some suitable kitchen plans in Sydney will create a perfect combination of functional and decorative lighting. A well balanced lighting scheme will also help you get rid of unnecessary glare.
- Create visual appeal with new colours: This is without a doubt one of the easiest and most affordable renovation design ideas. A few coats of paint are all you need to make your kitchen stand out and create visual interest.
- Replace your benchtops: A Benchtop is the focal point in most kitchen designs and updating it is a sure-fire way to drastically enhance the look of your kitchen with a little investment. If you want to splurge, you can choose from natural stone options, such as graphite, marble or slate. If you’re looking for more cost-effective options, laminate benchtops are a good option.
- Install a kitchen island: If you have some extra space in your kitchen, updating your existing island or adding a new one can drastically transform your kitchen. Though it takes up some space, it will actually increase the workable area in your kitchen. With good kitchen plans in Sydney and a strategically located kitchen island, you’ll have more space to chop, serve and cook your food. Professionally installed islands blend seamlessly with the other components and existing decor of your kitchen.
If you’ve got bored of how your kitchen looks, but doesn’t want a complete remodel, you can still give a facelift to your kitchen with these renovation design ideas. For more information, get in touch with The Kitchen Broker today!
Most homeowners are always looking for ways to incorporate more gathering and entertainment areas in their kitchen. A kitchen island bench is an excellent investment to accomplish such goals in custom kitchens in Sydney. Kitchen islands have become an important aspect of kitchen designs these days. They provide a convenient place to accommodate all the necessary amenities that are required in any modern kitchen. With refrigerators, drawers and ovens fighting to occupy precious spots in a kitchen, a significant amount of extra storage space is a valuable asset for any kitchen.
There are endless possibilities when it comes to designing kitchen islands for custom kitchens in Sydney. However, before finalizing the design, take your time to mull over how exactly you’re going to use your kitchen island bench. Do you want to increase the storage space? Do you need more benchtop space? What are the kitchen accessories you want for your kitchen island bench? Finding answers to these simple questions can help you get the most out of your custom kitchens in Sydney.
- Getting started – After you’re certain about your needs, try to visualize your custom kitchen with your new kitchen island. You can use a cardboard to replicate your kitchen island space to visualize more clearly. This step will help you choose the correct placement for your future kitchen island bench. This will also allow you to ensure that there’s enough free space in the kitchen for you and others to manoeuvre without any trouble.
- Island for custom kitchens in Sydney: If you want to have a complete creative control over your new kitchen island, choose custom or semi-custom kitchen island bench. Expert designers at ‘The Kitchen Broker’ will work closely with you to help you get the results that are perfect for your lifestyle, space and home. Custom Island is a wonderful solution if you’re patient enough to think about your exact requirements and want nothing less than flawless results.
If you need top-notch assistance for any project regarding custom kitchens in Sydney, experienced kitchen designers at The Kitchen Broker can help you setting a budget and finalizing a design that will work perfectly for you. For more information, feel free to book an appointment with one of our kitchen design experts right-away!
If you’re a homeowner who is fond of sleek and spotless design, a contemporary white kitchen is a perfect choice for you. Most homeowners choose to have white kitchens because apart from lending a contemporary and minimalistic touch to their space, white colour also makes their kitchens look spacious than their actual size. Second benefit of white kitchens is that you can spice up or change the theme of your kitchen as frequently as you want. If you’ve chosen a white themed kitchen, below are some renovation design ideas that can help you add even more style and elegance to your white kitchen?
- White kitchens look sleek and stunning when they are brand new. However, if not maintained well, white cabinets and other components can lose their original appeal and start looking dull a few years down the line. To get rid of this dull look and to infuse a new life into white kitchens, you can choose to include some bright and colourful elements in them. But make sure you choose a colour that has already been used somewhere in the kitchen so that it can blend seamlessly with the existing design.
- Another thing you can do to enhance the appeal of white kitchens is by adding textures. You can do it by adding minor elements, such as mats, of interesting and different textures. Select a suitable texture and use the same in different areas of your kitchen for a unified overall effect.
- White kitchens have a light and airy feel to them. You can enhance this particular aspect of your white themed kitchen by including some colourful plants in your kitchen design. Properly maintained plants actually look great in white kitchens. This is one of those cost-effective renovation design ideas than can make your kitchen stand out effortlessly. Since these plants do not take much space, you can add style and elegance to your kitchen without sacrificing precious space in your kitchen.
These are some renovation design ideas that can help you enhance the look and feel of your white kitchen when you get tired of seeing the same white coloured kitchen over and over again. For more kitchen renovation design ideas, get in touch with The Kitchen Broker today.
While it’s not that difficult to get quotes from some experienced kitchen renovation companies in Sydney and know the costs of new kitchen fixtures, materials, lights and appliances, the underlying expenses in a kitchen renovation project can astonish most of the homeowners. So, before looking for renovation design ideas for your dream kitchen, it’s important to understand various processes and terminology used by a kitchen planner in Sydney to know the exact expenses you have to bear in your renovation project. Let’s have a look at some important factors you should keep in mind.
- Final cost: Most kitchen renovation firms and even a good kitchen planner in Sydney can’t determine the exact final cost before the start of a project. However, experienced companies that are known for attention to detail, such as The Kitchen Broker, can provide you nearest estimated cost for your project. They should also be able to tell you the precise costs of all different aspects of kitchen renovations.
- Stick to your budget: Once you have chosen from the most suitable renovation design ideas and determined the budget for your dream kitchen, make sure you stick with that amount. It’s easy to get carried away and splurge by looking at the all the luxurious and expensive renovation design ideas, but a trusted company can help you achieve a spectacular kitchen right within your budget.
- Factors that can influence overall expenses: If you’re planning on an extensive kitchen renovation, there are a few additional factors you’ll need to consider. For instance arranging another accommodation options during the renovation especially if you’ve kids or pets in your home. Secondly, the money needed for restaurant meals and take outs. All these underlying expenses can become a major source of burden if not planned beforehand in extensive renovations.
If you’re looking for top-notch renovation design ideas and an experienced kitchen planner in Sydney, The Kitchen Broker is here to help you. As one of the most trusted kitchen renovation firms in Sydney, The Kitchen Broker is known for quality craftsmanship and unrivalled customer care. For more information, get in touch with The Kitchen Broker today.
Designing the layout of a kitchen is not easy. Many homeowners want their kitchens to suit their working habits. But, they often lack the basic knowledge of the types of kitchen plans and layouts on offer. In addition, they will usually not be aware of the tricks of the trade that can boost their efficiency as they work in the kitchen. This is why many homeowners prefer working with experienced and certified kitchen planners and designers. These professionals often have years of working in kitchens of all shapes and sizes. Thus, they will easily be able to harness their expertise to make your dream kitchen a reality.
What Are the Benefits of Engaging Professional Kitchen Planners and Designers?
Kitchen remodelling projects are not as simple as they might initially appear to be. Whether you’re planning a simple design makeover or a complete overhaul, you’ll typically need to consider a number of things. In addition, you’ll need to remember that every change will cost some amount of money. This is why it’s best to hire professional kitchen designers. These professionals possess ample know-how about selecting the best materials, finishes and colour schemes. Moreover, they know how to integrate everything seamlessly too. By hiring professional designers, you will be able to:
- Gain access to unique and high-quality materials at the best prices
- Get materials that enhance the functionality, stylishness and aesthetic appeal of the kitchen designed to last for years
- Avoid having to deal with multiple suppliers, contractors and tradespeople and,
- Increase the value of your house
Incorporate the Best Features of Modern Kitchen Designs to Make Your Kitchens More Functional and Attractive
To make your dream kitchen a reality, you’ll require professional assistance. At The Kitchen Broker, we specialise in bringing dream kitchens to life. We’re an award-winning team of kitchen planners and interior designers. Over the years, we have acquired immense experience and knowledge in giving some of the drabbest kitchens a swanky makeover. This involves managing the entire project from design to completion. It involves utilising our experience when liaising with various suppliers and tradespeople too. Our reputation enables us to give you the best value for each dollar that you spend. Moreover, with us at the helm, you won’t feel stressed or anxious at any stage. This is why we’re Sydney’s leading team of kitchen designers. Click here to view some design tips.
Exceedingly functional kitchens that do not compromise on their visual appeal are increasingly becoming popular throughout the country. Many homeowners typically need a large amount of storage space in their kitchens. For this, they will need to get kitchen cabinets of the right size. Estimates suggest that kitchen cabinets often consume more than 50 percent of the budget for all kitchen renovation projects. This is why it makes perfect sense to understand the varieties of cabinetry on offer.
An Overview of Kitchen Cabinets
There are four basic varieties of kitchen cabinets. These include:
- Standard Base Cabinets: These will usually be 24 inches deep and 36 inches tall. They might rest on four-inch recessed risers occasionally.
- Upper Cabinets: Found in almost all classic kitchens, these cabinets will usually be 12 inches deep
- Tall Cabinets: These are ideal for providing pantry space and broom storage. They will usually be 83 inches in height.
- Specialty Cabinets: These cabinets help in maximising square footage. They could include corner cabinets, bottle racks, cooktop fronts etc.
Besides these, cabinetry suppliers often grade kitchen cabinets into four grades based on the quality of the construction. These cabinetry grades comprise:
- Stock Cabinets: These cabinets are mass-produced and come in fixed sizes. Hence, they cannot be altered, which affects their versatility.
- Ready to Assemble (RTA) Cabinets: Suppliers provide these readily available cabinets in boxes. They are ideal for ‘Do It Yourself’ (DIY) homeowners. These cabinets require assembling and do not offer much variety in terms of materials, size and styles.
- Custom Cabinets: These cabinets are usually made-to-order. This is why they offer the most diverse selection in styles, materials, finishes and accessories. Tailored to the needs of clients, these cabinets could be slightly pricier.
- Semi-Custom Cabinets: This represents the mid-range option in cabinetry. Suppliers offer some adjustments in size with better quality construction.
Hire Award-Winning Designers to Get Stylish and Functional Custom Kitchens in Your Sydney Home
Many Sydneysiders entrust their kitchen remodelling projects to The Kitchen Broker. We’re a team of independent and award-winning kitchen designers. Regardless of your budget, we can give you the quality kitchen that you sorely need. Our ability to manage the project end-to-end will save you time and money. So, think of us when you need to re-design your kitchen or revamp your kitchen cabinets. Click here to see the difference we can make.
Every homeowner wants their home to the cynosure of the neighbourhood. This is why they spend a lot of time and effort towards making their homes highly functional and visually appealing. In particular, the kitchens often come in for a lot of attention. This is especially so as contemporary kitchens are the hubs of the home. Many people in Australia have kitchens that are about 100 square feet (or less) in area. This lack of space usually makes homeowners resign themselves to the fact that they cannot transform their kitchens into dream kitchens. However, this is not true. With modern renovation design ideas, kitchen designers can transform even the smallest of kitchens into attractive and highly-functional areas.
What Kitchen Renovation Design Ideas Would Help in Giving Smaller Kitchens a Swanky Makeover?
No longer do owners of small kitchens need to feel envious of people having larger kitchens. You might not have a large space to work with. But, this stumbling block could well be an asset. For instance, remodelling a small kitchen often involves dealing with fewer services and inexpensive materials. Thus, the lower the space you need to revamp, the lesser you’ll need to spend. To renovate your small kitchen:
- Select the modern kitchen designs appropriate for smaller kitchens e.g. galley-shaped kitchens, U-shaped kitchens, one-wall kitchens etc.
- Curb the temptation to buy bigger appliances such as side-by-side refrigerators
- Prioritise your needs i.e. storage, counter space etc.
- Invest in stock cabinetry that is easy to install
- Maximise cabinet depth by installing roll-out shelves or lacy susans and,
- Install larger floor tiles to make your kitchen appear larger
The Kitchen Broker – Consult the Specialists Before You Carry Out Kitchen Renovations in Sydney
Not all homeowners have endless reserves of capital for carrying out their kitchen renovations. But, a lower budget should not be the reason for giving up on your dreams of a remarkable kitchen. This is why many Sydneysiders engage The Kitchen Broker for their kitchen renovations. Our award-winning designers harness the latest renovation design ideas to make every kitchen unique, functional and attractive. We do not merely design your kitchen. We help you choose the right finishes as well. More importantly, we manage the entire project from design to completion. As a result, you won’t find yourself fretting at any stage of the renovation. To view some kitchen design tips, click here.
For many homeowners across the country, having a well-designed kitchen is a necessity. No longer is the kitchen a room that remained confined to some remote part of the house. The kitchens of today are easily the epicentres of the house. Hence, it is hardly surprising that many homeowners expect more from their kitchens. So, if your kitchen isn’t giving you the functionality you seek, consider a renovation that transforms your cramped or inefficient kitchen into a classic kitchen.
What Are the Three Principle Classic Kitchen Designs that Homeowners Usually Consider?
Kitchen renovations could be the easiest ways for getting the kitchen of your dreams. Some homeowners want their kitchens to mirror the latest trends in modern kitchen designs. However, these trends could become outdated soon. This is why homeowners opt for the timeless look of classic kitchens. Contrary to popular perception, there are three design variations in classic kitchens. These comprise:
- The White Kitchen: These kitchens usually feature clean lines and sharp and brightly gleaming fixtures. Stainless steel hoods and wooden or marble countertops could make the kitchen feel warm and comfortable.
- The Rustic Kitchen: This layout typically features exposed beams, stone and wooden cabinetry. These kitchens tend to enable homeowners to congregate with their guests in the kitchen. Moreover, they offer some amount of flexibility too. For instance, you could consider incorporating certain modern touches to prevent the kitchen from appearing monotonous.
- The Modern Kitchen: Designers and builders typically use chrome, glass and clean lines for making these kitchens. Chairs upholstered in textured fabrics and wooden kitchen islands could make the kitchen look sleek. These kitchens will usually be bright and cheery, despite their minimalist look.
Make the Best Kitchen Ideas a Reality in Your Sydney Property with The Kitchen Broker
The Kitchen Broker is one of the leading kitchen designing firms in Sydney. Comprising a team of award-winning Certified Kitchen Designers (CKDs), we bring the best kitchen design ideas to life. Whether you need a classic kitchen or a modern one, our designers will give you the best kitchen for your budget. Unlike other designing firms, we offer you better value for your money. So, when you hire us, we will liaise directly with leading manufacturers and traders. Thereafter, we will oversee the entire project, thereby minimising any disruptions and hassles to your routine. For more details on what we do, click here.