Builders often do not live in the houses they construct. If they did, they would take pains to ensure that the kitchens in these houses utilise the space as effectively as possible. Ideally, kitchens must have an effective layout. This will typically mean a layout that has the cook’s triangle at its core. Having a well-designed kitchen could make it easier to work in the kitchen. In addition, the flow of traffic in the kitchen would not pose a problem to the person working in the kitchen as well.
An Overview of the Different Kinds of Cook’s Triangles that Kitchen Designers Typically Use
The work triangle is the centrepiece of the kitchen. It comprises the refrigerator (the storage area), the stove (the cooking area) and the kitchen sink (the cleaning area). Some of the main types of work triangles used in kitchen plans include:
- The Straight Kitchen: Used in very small spaces, this style is popular in office applications and apartments. It features one countertop for storing all the utensils and appliances. But, the storage and cooking areas will not be very spacious.
- The Peninsula: This design features the U-shaped layout. It provides ample space for cooking, storing and cleaning. Two cooks can easily use the same workspace simultaneously.
- The L-Shaped Layout: This layout typically offers better traffic flow, better access to the workspace and a spacious cooking area. It has enough space for two cooks too.
- The Island: Similar to the L-shaped layout, this design provides ample storage and cooking space. Some people prefer having the sink and the cooktop in the centre of the kitchen. In addition, this layout enables people to include a dining table as well.
Are You Looking for Kitchen Images to Take Inspiration from in Sydney?
If your kitchen does not have an efficient layout, it’s best to have a kitchen designer examine it. This is where The Kitchen Broker could be your best bet. We’re an award winning team of kitchen designers. All our professionals have years of experience in the art of kitchen renovation and design. Our experience enables us to ensure that you get the best value for your money. Whether you need to revamp the cook’s triangle or install the latest kitchen appliances, we can offer the support you require. To see how we could transform your kitchen, call us at (02) 9484 3464 today.
Considering the amount of time that people spend in their kitchens each day, it is hardly surprising that many homeowners view their kitchens as the centrepieces of their homes. This is hardly an exaggeration. After all, you probably spend a considerable amount of time in the kitchen. This is why the layout of your kitchen is immensely important. Many people love the benefits of having a classic kitchen. This design style can make small kitchens appear much larger than they actually are. In addition, a classic kitchen is one of the most budget-friendly kitchen styles that you could possibly have. This is why many homeowners feel that classic kitchen styles offer the best value for their money.
Tips for Making Your Kitchen a Classic Kitchen
Classic kitchens do not involve spending large amounts of money. Instead, with the right amount of planning, you could transform your existing kitchen into a classic one. It certainly helps if you have a friendly designer nearby to share the latest kitchen ideas that are in vogue in Sydney. Some tips you could use for making your kitchen a classic one include:
- Avoiding the use of any themes in the kitchen to avoid giving the kitchen a dated look
- Ensuring that the colours of your tiles, flooring, countertops and appliances complement each other
- Purchasing kitchen cabinets that have a natural wood grain or something subtler to provide a contrast with the other colours in the kitchen
- Using polished metal cabinet handles, hinges and plumbing fixtures e.g. dull, muted bronze or high-lustre stainless steel
- Installing light fixtures that are both functional and decorative for providing an airy and spacious feel and,
- Selecting exposed wooden beams and farm-style work tables to provide rustic touches to the kitchen
Are You Looking for Some Enchanting Kitchen Images in Sydney?
Kitchen renovations used to be expensive and tedious. With The Kitchen Broker, however, this is no longer the case. With us, you gain access to award winning Certified Kitchen Designers (CKDs) at exceedingly affordable rates. Our team comprises award-winning designers and leading tradespeople. So, you don’t need to deal with several vendors and tradespeople. We will take care of the entire project to your satisfaction. Whether you want a classic kitchen or a modern kitchen, we can make your vision a reality. To transform your kitchen, call us at (02) 9484 3464 today.
Whether you want to make minor additions to your existing kitchen or you want to take help from a professional kitchen planner in Sydney to design your kitchen from scratch, there are some crucial elements to an efficient kitchen. Design of your kitchen is more important than that of the rest of your home as functionality plays a vital role in a kitchen design. When it comes to efficient custom kitchens in Sydney, they should be stylishly designed to make sure that they complement the overall décor of your house with a special focus on functionality and your requirements. A well-designed kitchen is an ideal amalgam of a great design, excellent accessibility and a clever storage. Here are some tips that will help you in making your kitchen more stylish, spacious and practical:
Managing Space in Your Kitchen
In these times, when space is at premium in most of the houses, many homeowners make a common mistake of allocating inadequate space to their kitchen while designing their homes. Clever storage can help you in making even a small kitchen superbly effective and look more spacious. A kitchen planner in Sydney takes into account a lot of factors before providing you with the most optimized kitchen design for your needs. There are some very effective strategies for optimizing a small kitchen. For instance you can use one wide cabinet rather than installing two small cabinets and save up to 20% space in your kitchen. Use of deeper cabinets can also help you in increasing the storage space.
Choose the Right Flooring
Laminate and tile flooring are the two most popular and affordable choices for people who are looking for custom kitchens in Sydney. If you spend a lot of time in your kitchen, it is better to install tiles as the flooring material as they are durable and can be easily cleaned. On the other hand, laminate floors can give extra beauty to your kitchen and provide a sophisticated touch to your kitchen, but they are less durable as compared to the tiles.
The cooks’ triangle
Efficiency of a kitchen layout is largely dependent on the cooks’ triangle. In simpler terms, the cooks’ triangle refers to the space that joins the three main functional areas of a kitchen, namely; ovens, refrigerators and sink. With the help of a kitchen planner in Sydney, you can ensure an optimal placement of these components for a practical and efficient kitchen.
The Kitchen Broker is one of the most trusted companies in Sydney that can provide you custom Kitchens in Sydney in any style you want and with the storage best suited for your needs. Choosing The Kitchen Broker for your kitchen renovations means that you can sit back and relax while their professionals do everything to achieve your dream kitchen.
In order to ensure a great return on investment, homeowners must choose a kitchen planner in Sydney that can help you attain a stylish and functional kitchen. When it comes to modern kitchen designs in Sydney, you’ll find a variety of designs in the renovation industry. However, there are certain key elements that are common in almost every modern kitchen design. Let’s have a look at these crucial elements of modern kitchen designs in Sydney.
- High Quality – Modern kitchens are filled with high quality products from some of the most renowned brands in Australia. These kitchens use a variety of high quality, durable materials during their construction. These materials include but are not limited to wood, concrete, brick and steel. You can choose from the popular trends in modern kitchen design these days, such as open shelves to showcase your high quality glassware. Modern kitchen designs in Sydney are characterized by lacquered finishes and clean lines throughout the kitchen.
- Spacious Worktops – First of all, use the services of a kitchen planner in Sydney to allocate adequate space to the worktops while keeping accessibility in mind. For instance worktops should be near to the heavily used appliances in the kitchen such as microwave and ovens. Many manufacturers even provide extra space in the sinks for chopping purpose, so that your kitchen worktop looks even more spacious.
- Attaining a Contemporary look – A modern look for your kitchen can be achieved either with small additions or complete kitchen renovations. You’ll find several really effective modern kitchen designs in Sydney which you can use to update your ordinary kitchen within a small budget. You can start by adding white appliances and stainless steel equipments to quickly transform your kitchen. Though there’s no limit to the colours and personal touches you can add to your modern kitchen, one thing that can ruin the whole look and feel is clutter. So, aim for a clean, organized and clutter-free look regardless of how you want to personalise your kitchen. When it comes to the colours, bold yet elegant choices can infuse a new life in even a boring kitchen. Lastly, never forget the lighting. A kitchen planner in Sydney can help you add modern lighting to your kitchen across the peninsula or island for a bright and stylish look.
From small additions to major upgrades, make your kitchen renovations more effective and affordable with The Kitchen Broker. Contact The Kitchen Broker today and attain a kitchen that will look stunning and run effortlessly with efficient appliances and ample storage.
Kitchen is one of those areas in our home which have evolved significantly in the recent years. With the development of new technologies and materials, kitchen plans in Sydney continue to push the limits. Nowadays, you’ll find kitchens in many renowned properties that feature classic kitchen design coupled with modern appliances. Whether you want a modern kitchen with a minimalistic look or a classic kitchen with darker shades, your kitchen should be well illuminated for a stylish and elegant look.
A kitchen plan should be prepared with the help of an experienced kitchen planner in Sydney before you start renovating your kitchen. Kitchen planner in Sydney can also help you in eliminating a number of potential problems that you may experience during the renovation process. Mostly the kitchens are rather small in apartments, so there are certain measures which can be taken, so as to make them more efficient and spacious. Let’s have a look at some important elements of a classic kitchen.
- A Right Combination of Classic Looks with Modern Facilities
Nowadays, homeowners prefer to renovate their kitchens in such a way that it feels ultra-modern but still retain the look of a classic kitchen. Sometimes, this style also refers to as transitional style as it falls somewhere in between modern and classic kitchen design. White wooden cabinets in the kitchen simply look amazing as they give a fresh and open look to your kitchen. Combination of white cabinets and black countertops is a perfect way to attain classic kitchen look.
- Get a Balanced Look
The colours of your kitchen should complement each other to attain a truly classic appearance. The use of black, white, metal and wood tones can make a terrific impact on your kitchen design, making it look elegant and cosy. This combination works amazingly well with minimal detailing. Make sure you don’t use mouldings and trims with this look.
The most important feature in any well-designed classic kitchen is the cabinetry. Make sure you properly measure the size of your kitchen and then determine the type of cabinets you want. Keep in mind that even a single edge not aligned properly can completely ruin the look of your kitchen. Flawless kitchen plans in Sydney guarantee a kitchen that looks perfect from every angle. A good and efficient classic kitchen design is timeless, and a kitchen with white cabinetry defines a truly classic design.
The Kitchen Broker brings you the most comprehensive modern and classic kitchen design services in Sydney, including consultation, planning, engineering and project management. Contact The Kitchen Broker today with your requirements.
After the completion of a home renovation project, most people love to show their guests the things they have done to the most important room in their home – the kitchen. These days, a kitchen has become a place where people like to congregate, relax and entertain, of course apart from preparing meals. No wonder, spectacular kitchen ideas in Sydney are the most sought-after renovation ideas in the home design industry. Another reason why people leave no stone unturned to get just the best kitchen plans in Sydney is the exceptionally high return on investment that efficient plans can deliver. Whether you aspire for a classic kitchen or modern kitchen, any type of kitchen plan starts with a design concept.
If you take a look at popular kitchen plans in Sydney, you’ll find that most of them fall into one of the following categories:
- L- Shaped kitchen: If you want to incorporate a kitchen triangle, this is probably the best layout for you. This layout makes use of two adjacent walls and is perfect for a classic kitchen.
- Galley kitchen: If you are short of space in your kitchen, you should opt for galley kitchen layout. Here, the focus is on utilizing the space in the most efficient way possible. All the counters, cabinets and appliances are organized in a linear manner for a neat, contemporary look. In a galley kitchen, chef needs to make minimal movements as everything is in arm’s reach.
- U Shaped kitchen: If you are looking for kitchen ideas in Sydney with efficiency in mind, you’ll never go wrong with a U-shaped layout. The major focus of U-Shaped kitchen is on optimizing the workflow by utilizing the classic kitchen triangle.
- G-Shaped kitchen: Like U-Shaped kitchens, G-Shaped layout also utilizes three walls and same storage options and amount of counter area. The only major difference is a partial forth wall or peninsula, which is used for cabinetry.
In addition to these, you can also include islands if you have a spacious kitchen. Islands work wonderfully well in U-Shaped and L-Shaped layouts. If you want to discuss your options and learn about more kitchen ideas in Sydney, contact The Kitchen Broker today!
Nowadays, kitchens are much more than merely a place to cook food. This is the reason why modern kitchen designs in Sydney are as much focused on entertainment, eating and storage as its visual appeal. While some homeowners approach a kitchen remodelling project by looking at the popular kitchen ideas in Sydney in some magazines others prefer to consider the size and number of appliances they have in their kitchens. No matter what your requirements are, it’s recommended to make the quality your topmost priority regardless of whether you are buying cabinetry or choosing the colour of your walls. Let’s have a look at some important factors to consider before choosing the best renovation design ideas for your kitchen:
- The Layout: The reason behind all efficient kitchens is their well-planned layout. An optimized layout ensures that your kitchen has a plenty of space for movement, sufficient storage and high quality components. Lastly, try to pick modern kitchen designs in Sydney that will blend seamlessly with the rest of the house. If you give consideration to these points, you can rest assured that you’ll receive a positive feedback and a lot of compliments for your refined taste and brilliant mind.
- Choose The Right Professionals – The importance of professionals specializing in modern kitchen designs in Sydney can be realized from the fact that they can make even the smallest job much more effective and result oriented. They will bring their immensely valuable industry experience to your project and make it a spellbinding success the very first time.
- Work Area And Flooring – Ask any expert proficient in modern kitchen designs in Sydney about the most strained areas of a kitchen, and they will tell you about flooring and benchtops. So, it makes sense to do the best you can for these crucial areas of your kitchen. If possible, try to continue with the same flooring materials in your kitchen from the rest of the house. This simple step will create an illusion of a larger space.
Get in touch with The Kitchen Broker, the leading kitchen design firm in Sydney, to discuss your kitchen remodelling project today!
Costs always play a significant role when you want to give your homes a makeover. This is why many homeowners cannot implement all their kitchen plans at the same time. This is why it makes sense prioritising all the changes you want in your kitchen. In kitchens, homeowners often look at enhancing their storage space or purchasing new appliances. Not many will consider changing their kitchen floors. As a result, while the kitchen will end up looking swanky, the floor might appear odd.
The Flooring Options You Must Consider in Your Kitchen Plans
While drawing up classic or modern kitchen designs in Sydney, many homeowners do not consider their floors. But kitchen floors can enhance the visual appeal of your kitchen considerably. Pick floors that blend with the colour scheme, the aesthetics and the architectural style of your kitchen.
Some of the most popular kitchen flooring options include:
- Tiles: Practical and easy to clean, these come in an assortment of designs and materials e.g. porcelain, stone and ceramics. Examine the properties of each tile you like. Thereafter, assess whether it will help you achieve the look you want to achieve in your kitchen.
- Vinyl: Soft and spongy to walk on, vinyl offers both high-end and inexpensive flooring options. It is easy to clean. It also provides a soft and pleasant feel under the foot. Select this for giving your kitchen an aesthetically pleasing floor.
- Timber: This versatile material comes in various widths, lengths, tones and shades. You can customise timber floors to suit your style too. For instance, you could pick a solid timber floor that goes in before the kitchen. Or, you could opt for a floating timber floor that the installers fit together in pieces after the installation of the kitchen.
Select the Best Kitchen Designers for Bringing Your Kitchen Ideas to Life in Sydney
Rely on the professionals when you want your kitchen to be unique, elegant and a treat to work in. The Kitchen Broker is the best kitchen designer in Sydney who can implement your kitchen plans in the best and most cost effective manner. Our award winning team of kitchen designers have an extensive experience in designing kitchens throughout Sydney. In fact, Houzz Australia bestowed the prestigious ‘Best of Houzz 2015’ for Customer Service to us earlier this year. Click here to see the difference our expertise can provide.
Dozens of homeowners throughout major cities such as Sydney and Melbourne often look for ways to make their kitchens more stylish and elegant. Or, they explore ways to boost the functionality of their kitchens without needing to make wholesale changes. It is an undeniable fact that kitchens are the centres of homes these days. So, it is unsurprising that homeowners want to freshen up the look of their kitchen. If you want to give your kitchen a makeover, examine various kitchen ideas that are becoming increasingly popular in Sydney and other cities.
The Top Kitchen Ideas to Give Your Kitchens a Makeover in Sydney and Elsewhere
Any kitchen design project could end up being costly. This is why it’s necessary to strike a balance between the essential and decorative elements of your project. Prioritise the essential changes that you want and deal with those first. Thereafter, if your budget permits, implement the other decorative features that you want.
Some of the most popular classic kitchen renovation trends this year include:
- Wooden Kitchen Cabinets: The demand for oak kitchen cabinets is on the rise. In the past, people loved using the trendy-looking red oak for their cabinets. Nowadays, the preferences have switched to white oak that features a blonde wooden tone.
- Fabrications Made of Oil-Rubbed Bronze: Stainless steel fixtures are prominent in many kitchens. However, if you want your kitchen to look different, consider using fabrications that exude a more contemporary look. For instance, oil-rubbed bronze for kitchen fixtures such as faucets, handles and knobs can look quite appealing.
- Colourful or White Sinks: If you’re using fixtures made of copper and bronze, consider revamping your kitchen sink too. Opt for a plain white sink. Or, consider a sink in a warm colour that complements the metals used in the kitchen.
The Kitchen Broker – Your Top-Rated Kitchen Planner in Sydney
Whether you need a stylish kitchen or a kitchen that offers better levels of functionality, you need a team of experts. The Kitchen Broker comprises an award winning team of kitchen designers. We have several years of experience in the art of kitchen design. Our expertise and experience is what makes us one of Sydney’s best kitchen designers. This is precisely why many Sydneysiders rely on us to bring their kitchen ideas to life in Sydney. Check out some of our best design tips here.
As far as efficient kitchen design is concerned, a clever storage plan is the most important thing to consider. It is obvious that you will not like to search for the things in the cabinets while cooking, so make sure every cooking ingredient, from spices to vegetables is stored at a convenient location in the kitchen. Many times people overlook the functionality in kitchen ideas in Sydney while designing their homes when it must be their top most priority.
While implementing your kitchen plans, determine the locations where your drawers and cabinets will be placed and also decide a permanent place for the pans and pots. Make sure that all these items are in the close vicinity to the cooking zone so that you don’t have to wander here and there in the kitchen looking for things. If you have kids in your house, make sure that the countertop of the kitchen is easily accessible to them so that they can help you or even learn when you are cooking.
Kitchen Plans – Tips to Arrange a Well-Organized Kitchen
The next important factor that needs to be considered in all types of kitchen plans is the organization. Ask any chef in the world about the most important thing that is required for the convenient cooking in the kitchen; almost all would say it’s the way various elements in the kitchen are organized! Make sure everything is well organized without ever interrupting the work triangle.
The work triangle is the place between the refrigerator, stoves and cabinets, where all the walking happens. It is the place where the whole crowd of the kitchen is located and if you have a big family or regular visitors in the pantry area, make sure your work triangle is large and centrally located.
Regardless of the kitchen ideas in Sydney you chose for your kitchen, it is important to ensure that the kitchen is easy to clean and maintain. Choose the countertops that can be cleaned with simple procedures so that you don’t have to go through the burden of washing your kitchen every day. To prevent spills, make sure your countertop is raised from the edges.
If you need more information about kitchen ideas in Sydney or any advice on choosing the best design for your kitchen, contact The Kitchen Broker today.