Handling kitchen renovations is a complex task especially for someone who has no idea about which kitchen designs in Sydney would work best for their needs. Fortunately, there are some really effective tips that can make your renovation project a smooth and hassle-free experience for everyone. So, let’s have a look at some kitchen ideas that can help you take back control of the things.
- Pack away all the rarely used items such as the ones used on special occasions and holidays. Make sure you consider all such items while ordering your cabinets. Moreover, try to ascertain if you still require these items. Giving away items that are no longer in use can make your kitchens much more efficient and clutter-free.
- In kitchen renovations, most of the times you’ve to act like you are actually moving. Put all your kitchen essentials in clearly labeled containers and boxes. This step is particularly important before the installation of cabinets.
- During kitchen remodeling, many people don’t have access to their kitchen sink or dishwasher. In this scenario, most people resort to using paper goods. However, this can lead to additional expenses especially in case of extensive kitchen renovations. A more cost-effective way is to use your bathroom sink to wash your dishes.
- If the weather is pleasant, consider moving cooking to the outdoor grill. A backyard BBQ is not only a great way to spend some quality time outdoors with your loved ones, but it’s also more cost-effective and provide you more nutritious food than what you get by constantly ordering fast food.
- Make sure you’ve the number of your designer on your speed dial. In addition, always be available to the professionals working in your kitchen. Installers can face some unforeseen problems that need to be solved quickly. You and your designers are the most important people when it comes to making a well-informed decision in such a situation.
Apart from choosing the best kitchen designs in Sydney for you needs, try to follow these tips to make things simpler and hassle-free. What’s more, you and your loved ones will enjoy more delicious food and you’ll get the best value for your money. You’ll also get a clear idea about items that you really should get rid of. You will not only have a stunning and more functional kitchen, but you would also love to spend more time in it.
So, what are you waiting for? Contact The Kitchen Broker– the leading specialist for kitchen renovations in Sydney, to discuss your project today!
Other articles by The Kitchen Broker:
Kitchen cabinets are probably the second biggest investment you can make in your kitchen remodel, after your benchtops. After all, cabinets form the focal point in most kitchen designs. Today’s kitchens have to deal with a lot of wear and tear during their lifetime. Therefore, it’s very crucial to buy kitchen cabinets that are not just visually stunning but are highly durable too.
Fortunately, by keeping in mind a few important aspects of kitchen cabinets, you can choose ideal products for you. Let’s have a look:
- Construction: Construction Quality of your cabinets will determine how they would stand the test of time. Make sure you invest in cabinets that are built using the highest quality material and manufacturing processes. Things such as soft close hinges and dovetailed drawers are some of the preferred features in good quality cabinets.
- Materials: These days, cabinets can be made from a range of materials in custom kitchens in Sydney. There are traditional options, such as wood, and then there are advanced options such as thermofoil, melamine and stainless steel.
Moreover, there’s huge range of choices within these options too. For instance – if you’re planning to buy wooden cabinets, you can choose from oak, hickory, cherry and maple, to name a few.
It’s an important decision and one that will hugely impact the overall look and style of your kitchen. So, make sure you do proper research and try to determine how each of these materials is affected by water, light and other environmental factors. Alternatively, simply contact experienced professionals at trusted kitchen design firms such as The Kitchen broker to know the best kitchen ideas for you.
- Door styles: Many people have no idea about how much an impact can cabinet doors have on their overall kitchen design. For discerning homeowners who are looking for well designed custom kitchens in Sydney, there are plenty of options available, ranging from shaker style to raised panel and from recessed panel to mullion.
- Finish: Today we have more options in stain and paint colours than ever before. The best option for you will be largely dependent on your taste and needs. For instance if you’ve a small kitchen and you want to make it look more spacious and open, go for lighter colours. On the other hand, if you’ve opted for darker tones, make sure that you’ve sufficient lighting in your kitchen; otherwise, your kitchen would start looking cramped.
At The Kitchen Broker, our kitchen design experts can help you choose the perfect kitchen cabinets for your needs and budget. The main goal of designing custom kitchens in Sydney is to maximise the existing space in your kitchen. So, what are you waiting for? Visit the Kitchen Broker for more kitchen ideas or to book a free consultation with one of our experts today!
Jaded kitchens can detract from the overall look of your house. This is especially so because kitchens are one of the most used spaces in a house. Unfortunately, not all homeowners know the best way to accomplish all these objectives in a cost effective manner. This is why many people are increasingly turning to kitchen designers for giving their commonplace kitchens elegant makeovers.
Can Kitchen Designers Really Make a Difference to Your Kitchen Remodelling Projects?
Professional kitchen designers bring years of experience, skill and knowledge into each project. Their expertise and skills enable them to find solutions tailored to suit your tastes, preferences and working styles. As such, it is hardly surprising that you will acquire a much better kitchen when you engage a reputed kitchen designer for overseeing your remodelling project.
By hiring professional kitchen designers, you will be able to:
- Benefit from the expertise of the designer in finding innovative solutions to concerns that abound in your existing kitchen
- Acquire a kitchen that does not merely look elegant and stylish, but offers immense functionality too
- Save money because kitchen designers can help you secure the best products in your budget
- Make your kitchen unique by considering the manifold ideas and modern kitchen designs that professional designers can typically offer
- Select the right products, materials and finishes because kitchen designers pay keen attention to each detail, no matter how trifling it might be and,
- Spend your time more gainfully because kitchen designers will manage the entire project from concept to completion
The Kitchen Broker – The Certified Designers to Turn to When You Want to Carry Out Kitchen Renovations in Your Sydney Property
The Kitchen Broker is an award-winning firm of certified interior and kitchen designers. We specialise in helping our clients by giving them the kitchens they need. Not only do we design the layout of the kitchen based on the working styles of our clients. We help our clients pick the best finishes as well. With us, you can expect to acquire the very best outcome in terms of both price and quality. As a result, you will get the best value for your money with us. In addition, we will manage the entire project too. So, you don’t need to fret over visiting multiple showrooms or bargaining with several tradespeople. Click here to see how we can make a difference.
Image Source: The Residences at Mandarin Oriental / Flickr
Kitchens, like other rooms in the house, can appear shabby over time. They are the hub of modern homes too. As such, any renovation or remodelling in the kitchen will cause disruptions to your daily routine. This is why many homeowners tend to defer their kitchen renovation projects. But, putting off these projects or activities can be counterproductive. In addition, remodelling a kitchen can cost a lot of money. So, if you’re on a budget, you might feel that you will not be able to accomplish everything that you desire. But, hiring experienced kitchen planners and designers can help you get the best value for your money.
The Top Indicators that it’s Time You Consult Kitchen Planners for Remodelling Your Kitchen
You’ll know that it’s time to stop deferring your kitchen renovations when:
- The new appliances that you’ve purchased do not fit the space available
- Only one or two people can move about or work in the kitchen simultaneously
- Your kitchen does not offer any space for you to sit or hang out with visitors
- You lack sufficient space on the countertop
- Your kitchen doesn’t feature a kitchen island, which is one of the most popular kitchen ideas in Sydney and other places
- You find that the layout of your kitchen hampers your working style
- Your drawers and cupboards are overflowing or if you require more storage space
- The flooring requires sprucing up
- Your kitchen requires additional natural and/or artificial light and,
- The plumbing and electrical connections require a much-needed revamp
Engage the Leading Kitchen Designers to Acquire Custom Kitchens in Your Sydney Home
Not all homeowners can manage their kitchen renovations with aplomb. This is especially so when they need to manage the rest of their responsibilities as well. In this scenario, it’s best to entrust your kitchen to the best kitchen planners in the area. Professional kitchen designers like The Kitchen Broker can manage the entire project. They will keep your best interests at heart. In addition, they will take you directly to the tradespeople and manufacturers, thereby giving you optimal value for each dollar you spend. With us, you won’t need to deal with multiple suppliers or visit several showrooms. You can employ your time gainfully, leaving us to make the kitchen of your dreams a pleasant reality. Check out some of our design tips here.
We all look for ways to save money, and the same holds true when it comes to kitchen renovations in Sydney. However, you don’t want to compromise on the quality, functionality and looks. With that in mind, our experts here at The Kitchen Broker have compiled a list of some effective renovation design ideas that can help you make significant savings in your next kitchen renovation project.
- Aim for Symmetry: The key to making great savings in any kitchen renovation project lies in the design. If you want to keep your costs down, choose a simple, clean and functional design. Design has a huge impact on the layout, materials and internal functioning of your kitchen. For instance it’s too easy to splurge on drawers that have some unique opening mechanism. However, these can dramatically increase the cost of your drawers by as much as 100%. A good way to save money is to prefer symmetry and functionality over fancy options. For example choosing streamlined, elongated drawers would perform the same function but look more stunning and can be installed without breaking a bank.
- Cabinetry: Wall cabinets are a staple in most traditional kitchens in Sydney. But, if you can do without wall cabinetry, it can help you make some significant savings. Not only will this step help you save money, but it will also make your kitchen look more spacious and open. A kitchen without wall cabinets can save you as much as 30 percent in your project. That being said, depending on your storage needs and kitchen area, wall cabinets might be the right option for you. So, get in touch with a kitchen professional who is experienced in kitchen renovations in Sydney to explore these options.
- Appliances: The kind of appliances you want in your kitchen can dramatically affect your budget. The key here is to stick to the trusted brands that can provide you good quality appliances at a reasonable price. Don’t go for the cheapest options as they can prove to be more costly in the long run.
- Finishing – You might get surprised to know that the type of finish you choose for your kitchen doors can also increase your cost by a fair amount. Depending on your goals, there are some great ways to finish your kitchen doors. Superior and durable materials such as polyurethane can be used to finish any door surface. Another good but cost-effective option is laminate finish. Laminate finishes can be chosen from a variety of choices such as textured, sheen and ultra matte.
For more renovation design ideas or to discuss your renovation project, get in touch with the professionals at The Kitchen Broker today!
Sleek, uncluttered and minimalistic, modern kitchen designs can offer a space to homeowners who value clean aesthetics and high functionality. State-of-the-art hardware and clean simple lines are some of the important aspects of modern kitchen designs. Texture is used to enhance elegance and intrigue as well as to add some character to the kitchen despite having a minimal appearance.
Below are some essential tips on how to use modern kitchen plans in Sydney to achieve a contemporary space.
- Clean Lines: Attention to detail is the most important thing in all modern kitchen designs. Experienced Designers pay attention to where and how the lines cross and meet in order to create a harmonious feel. For instance splashbacks should in line with the cabinets, dimensions of drawers should be chosen with utmost care. Lastly, the kitchen design should look interesting yet being simple. When it comes to contemporary kitchen renovations, you can’t afford to make a mistake.
- Openness: Well-designed modern kitchens are uncluttered and spacious. Apart from paying attention to functionality and aesthetic elements of the kitchen, kitchen designers also take into account negative open space lying in between these elements. That’s why most of the components are kept to minimum. Open kitchen islands and sleek cabinetry are some of the consistent features of modern kitchen designs.
- Texture: Though simple in terms of design and aesthetic, texture is often included to add interest and character in a modern kitchen. Texture can be added to benchtops, doors, cabinetry, flooring and splashbacks etc. A simple texture can make a world of difference in the visual appeal of your kitchen. As a result, you’ll get a minimalist kitchen that has the power to turn heads.
- Storage: Any modern kitchen is well equipped with advanced and sleek storage systems. However, modern kitchens are meant to be spacious; so traditional storage systems rarely work in contemporary kitchen plans in Sydney. This is where modern solutions come into the picture. Cutting-edge futuristic storage systems are designed to get the best out of the available space.
Get In Touch With The Kitchen Broker to Discuss Your Kitchen Renovation Project
If you’re interested in updating your kitchen, please feel free to contact the experts at The Kitchen Broker today. Alternatively, you can use the contact form to provide us with your details, and we’ll get in touch with you at a time convenient for you.
When it comes to the most popular trends in kitchen designs, you cannot ignore the concept of personalization/customization. This is probably the hottest trend in the present day kitchen design industry of Australia especially when it comes to modern kitchen designs.
While it’s true that everyone has different needs and preferences, and so, the concept of personalisation should be different for everyone, the kitchen design trends however are surprisingly more or less the same everywhere. The only reasonable explanation for this can be that most people want to incorporate just those kitchen ideas that are in vogue right now. Let’s have a look at some aspects of custom kitchens.
- Functionality: This is an area where the real customization happens. It may not be the most visible part but functionality plays a vital role in modern kitchen designs. In fact, every kitchen planner in Sydney offers their services to accommodate as much customization as possible in their kitchen design. It makes sense to take advantage of this opportunity. Gone are the days when you were forced to adapt yourself to a pre-existing kitchen and store your items haphazardly. With custom designs, you’ll get everything at a location where it makes the most sense.
There are a lot of innovations happening in the functionality front such as customization of upper and base cabinets, different heights and depths, variety of shelves and open units and so on.
- Aesthetics: When it comes to personalization on aesthetic front, most homeowners stick to the neutral options, such as white lacquer cabinets for modern kitchen designs. Neutral colours are timeless and a safer choice in the long run. However, this has not always been the case. Few years back, colourful kitchens were all in vogue. Ironically, there was a lot of variety in kitchen designs in those days, until kitchen customization became a “big thing” in modern kitchen designs. It turns out that people prefer a neutral look when it comes to aesthetics of their kitchen. Kitchen customization is something that should only be attempted with the help of experienced kitchen designers.
So, what’s your favourite kitchen customization option? Let us know in comments. To know more about how we can help you make the most of available personalization options in your next kitchen remodelling project, get in touch with The Kitchen Broker today!
Food has always been at the core of efficient kitchen designs. Renowned kitchen designers make it a point to consider the dietary habits of their clients before creating the most suitable kitchen plans in Sydney for them. Food habits of people have evolved a lot in the past few years. Now more and more people have started following special diets and they are more concerned about their health than ever before. Healthier eating using health-friendly ingredients are in rage these days.
Let’s see how these changes have affected kitchen designs and kitchen plans in Sydney.
- Performance: Today’s technology has enable homeowners to get industrial-style kitchen equipment in their homes at very affordable prices. Now people can buy cutting-edge appliances and choose kitchen plans in Sydney according to their eating habits. With ever evolving kitchen appliance industry and experienced kitchen designers, everything is possible now at a very reasonable price.
- Entertainment: Contemporary kitchens have become a hub of entertainment in modern households. Cooking is not limited to a merely a process of preparing meals; it has become an activity that people love to share with their family and friends. This shift in preferences has significantly affected kitchen plans in Sydney and the way kitchen should be connected to the living and dining area. Kitchens have become the focal point in modern households.
- Customization: Today’s homeowners want their kitchens to be a reflection of ‘who they are’. This determines how their kitchen should function and how it should looks. So, kitchen designers use a wide range of colours, modular options, accessories and finishes to satisfy their clients.
- Presentation: Presenting food in the best possible way is also a part of entertainment that homeowners provide to their guests. That’s why people put a lot of thought and attention in the way they present the food.
- Storage: People do everything they can to reduce food waste. This is where intelligent storage solutions can help you. Not only today’s state-of-the-art storage systems allow owners to store their items in the most efficient way possible, but they also enable them to keep track of these items.
To know about the best kitchen plans in Sydney for your needs, get in touch with the award winning kitchen designers at the Kitchen Broker today!
Your plans for kitchen renovations Sydney can be complicated. This often involves lots of details surrounding how you’re going to prepare a nice surface with a beautiful series of features. Whether your classic kitchen plans entail new lighting fixtures, a new countertop or even some organization for your cabinets, you need a planner to help.
A kitchen planner will assist you with figuring out the specific renovations you need to utilize. There are many key steps that a planner will help you with when it comes to getting your kitchen to look its best.
A Floor Plan Is Needed
Your kitchen planner can help you develop a floor plan for this part of the house. It may include points on where appliances will be secured, counter spaces and where cabinets may be. A plan must be made to ensure your kitchen will have a better total look when finalized.
What Materials Are Used?
Your classic kitchen can also come with many great surfaces ranging from bright laminate surfaces to fine granite worktops. Your planner will help you determine what materials are needed based on the functions your kitchen requires, your budget and how well it will look alongside other things in your kitchen.
How Will the Installation Work?
You will also get help from your planner on how your classic kitchen installation plans will work. This includes understanding how well your countertops will be added or how shelves will be applied among other points. Your planner can give you a clear idea of how much time it will take for the project to be fully completed.
The last step involved involves getting a contractor to help you with preparing a total setup. Your contractor will give you information on how materials are to be gathered and how your final project will look. Your planner must help with hiring the right types of contractors who are experienced and understand the needs you hold.
Your kitchen planner will make a world of difference when you are aiming to get your Sydney kitchen to look outstanding. You will be surprised at how well the final results will be depending on what you require from this important part of your home.
Many Sydney kitchens often struggle with various walls being hurt by stains. Splashes of water and various bits of food can get all around walls near a sink or food preparation area in your kitchen. These can cause discolouration in your walls and in some cases will cause them to wear out and weaken. They are often hard to clean off too. Fortunately, you can add kitchen splashbacks to your walls around those sensitive spots.
Kitchen splashbacks are great for your renovation plans. Such splashbacks are designed to go on walls located near sinks and other spots where items might splash around. A splashback is critical for your kitchen renovations as it not only protects such walls but also improves upon how well a kitchen looks.
How a Splashback Is Designed
A splashback is designed as a small wall panel. This will be placed right next to the countertop and will work as an extension of sorts.
Such a panel will vary in size but it will typically be around 50 to 70 cm in height. This is enough to cover most splashes.
Also, such surfaces can cover extensive lengths. Many of them can be at least 120 cm long but they can be cut up if needed. You can also get several of them connected with each other on the same space if you need something longer.
What Are They Made Of?
Splashbacks can be made out of various items:
- Pressed metal can come with a smooth texture. It especially adds a bit of a shine depending on where it is placed.
- Laminate surfaces are often used because they can handle moisture and stains with ease. These use paper-based polymers to create one of many different designs.
- Traditional stone materials like marble or quartz can establish a classy look. You would have to watch for how porous some surfaces might be though.
- Bamboo wood is popular for being dense and easy to apply. It creates a nice dark brown tone that fits in well with many surfaces although it could be painted. It is also better for the planet in that it is a more renewable form of wood.
You will be surprised at how well such kitchen renovations can work for your home. A splashback will add a better look to your space when used right.