Xylem and hardwood floors can do wonders for your home interiors. But, using them in your kitchen and bathrooms might not be a great idea. When homeowners embark on a kitchen renovation, they often look at implementing a plethora of ideas. But, not all of these ideas are worth implementing. This is especially so if you plan to put the house up for sale in the near future. In this scenario, heeding the advice of a certified kitchen planner might be worthwhile. The kitchen designer will offer suggestions that make your kitchen more attractive and functional. In addition, you will invariably end up getting the best value for your money by letting the professional oversee your remodelling project.
The Kitchen Upgrades that Kitchen Planners Usually Caution Homeowners About
Not all kitchen upgrades end up improving your kitchen. This is why kitchen designers urge homeowners to focus on upgrades that exude a timeless look. Kitchens with timeless designs can weather the years gracefully. Thus, they will be able to enhance the resale value of your home considerably. Realtors opine that homebuyers often look for homes featuring kitchens with classic or modern kitchen designs. So, if your kitchen upgrade does not offer these features, you won’t have spent your money wisely.
Some kitchen upgrades that you should avoid considering include:
- The use of ceramic tile flooring as it is cold and extremely hard
- Poorly designed kitchen islands that could impede the flow of traffic
- Cheap or tiny cabinetry
- The use of single and big light fixtures that consume a large amount of your ceiling space and,
- Trendy updates that will not endure
Get Professional Assistance When You Want to Incorporate Practical Kitchen Ideas in Your Sydney Home
When you want to enhance your kitchen’s functionality and aesthetic appearance, it is best to seek professional help. On these occasions, consider speaking to the experts at The Kitchen Broker. We’re an award-winning team of kitchen designers. We can tailor your kitchen to suit your specific needs and preferences. We will also take your project to the manufacturing sector to acquire the best materials. Above all, we will oversee the entire project as well. Thus, you can devote your time to other matters, while your dream kitchen becomes a reality. Our expertise makes us the best kitchen planners in Sydney. To know more, call us at (02) 9484 3464.
Image Source: Pixabay
Kitchen design trends can be quite similar to fashion trends. Both can change without giving you a moment’s notice. Wooden countertops and yellow cabinets were quite common back in the 1970s. However, it is quite likely that you wouldn’t want your guests to enter your kitchen and catch a glimpse of these antiquated oddities. This explains why classic kitchens continue to be in great demand all over the country. Not surprisingly, kitchen designers often use this style in many of their projects.
What Makes Classic Kitchens So Popular in Australia?
Classic or traditional kitchens have endured over several decades. This is because classic kitchens never go out of style. These kitchens typically feature archways, corbels, crown mouldings etc. In addition, these kitchens make good use of wooden finishes and veneers. These aspects make classic kitchens a stunning feature in many homes.
Classic kitchens are popular throughout the country because they are:
- Practical: Classic kitchens typically prioritise storage space. Thus, they offer multiple cupboard and drawer spaces. Accessing these storage spaces is far easier than accessing the concealed compartments that characterise contemporary kitchens.
- Stylish: The look and feel of a classic kitchen can do wonders to the décor of a home. Such kitchens exude a warm and inviting look. In addition, they can suit a wide range of themes and designs. This is especially so because of the vast variety of colours and materials on offer.
- Versatile: The look of a classic kitchen will endure for ages. This is because you can use a diverse range of materials such as natural stone, glass, timber, veneers, laminates , in classic kitchens. In contrast, contemporary kitchens can often place constraints on the surface materials that you can use.
Whether you require a modern or a classic kitchen, selecting the right kitchen designer is imperative. An experienced designer will make the kitchen of your dreams a compelling reality. This is exactly what the interior and kitchen designers at The Kitchen Broker bring to the table. We represent you to the manufacturers and tradespeople. Not only do we design your kitchen to suit your working styles and requirements. We manage the entire project for you as well. With us, you can get your dream kitchen at rates well within your budget. For some sound advice on kitchen renovations, click here.
Level-headed homeowners will not rant and rave about the inefficient layouts of their kitchens. Instead, they will prepare a list of all the changes that they wish to make. They will prioritise these changes and consult the best kitchen planners in the vicinity. They will obtain quotes and compare the quality of the services offered. Thereafter, they will engage the firm that offers the best value for their money.
How Your Kitchen Planners Can Give You an Elegant and Ergonomic Kitchen
Kitchen planners are professionals who can make dream kitchens a splendid reality. These professionals have years of experience in designing kitchens. Their extensive knowledge enables them to acquire the best materials, products and finishes at cost-effective rates. Thus, they will be able to offer practical insights that significantly enhance the visual appeal and the functionality of your new kitchen.
Even standard-size kitchens can be tough to work in. This is especially so if the people working in the kitchen are taller or shorter than average. To overcome issues of having to bend, climb or stretch frequently in the kitchen, you could consider:
- Raising the level of the dishwasher by adding a drawer beneath the appliance
- Raising the hood of your cooktop by the maximum allowable distance to stir food easily
- Placing the microwave in a cabinet
- Using cabinets that come with pull-down shelf mechanisms to make your cabinetry more accessible
- Installing pull-out shelves in your base cabinets
- Purchasing a fridge with the freezer at the bottom and,
- Organising your storage more effectively by storing heavy items between hip and shoulder height, medium-weight items at eye-level or below the knees and the lightest items below the knees
Not all kitchen planners are equal. So, hiring the wrong outfit could prove to be costly. The Kitchen Broker is an award-winning team of kitchen designers. Our forte lies in making your dream kitchen a reality. Once you commission our services, we will leave no stone unturned towards giving you a kitchen that you can rightfully be proud of. We will design your kitchen to suit your requirements. And, we will acquire the best materials and finishes based on our interactions with various manufacturers. Click here to see why we’re the kitchen designing firm that you should associate with.
Image Source: Steve Larkin / Flickr
Who doesn’t want to boost the look and functionality of their kitchen without breaking a bank? Well, the experts at The Kitchen Broker are here to share some renovation design ideas so that you can accomplish exactly that. So, without any further ado, let’s take a look.
- Use Strategic Lighting: Lighting can be cleverly used in Sydney kitchens to emphasize or hide various elements. For instance you can choose to illuminate important work areas like stove top, island and sink with some wall mount lamps.
- Keep It Minimalistic: A clean contemporary look can be attained by storing some appliances in special appliance storage when not in use. Ideally, these should include small appliances like toaster, oven and blender etc.
- Boost Visual Appeal with a Backsplash: A sleek and stunning backsplash not just enhances the visual appeal of a kitchen; it also provides efficient protection to the walls from stains and splashes. There’s a huge variety to options to choose from these days, and you can create virtually any decor with ease.
- Intelligent Storage: An easy way to keep your benchtops clutter free is to install pull out drawers near the working area. Whether you want to have a neat storage near the cooktop or you want to keep trash items out of sight, these pullout drawers can be effectively used for any purpose.
- Invest In Window Treatments: Experienced kitchen designers always take window treatments quite seriously. Apart from enhancing the visual appeal, window treatments perform a number of functions such as privacy and light control, in well designed Sydney kitchens. However, make sure to consider the overall decor of your kitchen and maintenance requirements of new window treatments before zeroing in on a perfect product.
- Choose An Eye Popping Colour: Colours can be effectively used to make any kitchen stand out. You can choose a bright, dazzling colour for some of the key elements of your kitchen such as cabinets or island to add some fun into the decor. The best thing about such a colour scheme is that these colourful elements can be replaced at any point of time and a different look can be attained with a small investment.
For more renovation design ideas to spruce up your kitchen right within budget, get in touch with the experts at The Kitchen Broker today!
Image Source: Pixabay
When it comes to any modern kitchen design in Sydney, it usually evokes simple minimalistic look with clean straight lines, and a focus on maximising functionality of a kitchen. No matter if you want to include just a few modern elements into your existing kitchen or you’re looking to build a fully contemporary kitchen from scratch, a trusted company like The Kitchen Broker that specialises in custom kitchens can help you get the best return on investment.
If you’re new to custom kitchens and modern kitchen design in Sydney, we have some helpful tips for you to get started.
- Advanced Materials and Technology: Modern Kitchens are all about using the new updated materials and latest technology while optimizing the available space. Kitchen industry has seen a lot of advancements in the recent years. Stainless steel appliances in addition to a simple functional design not only make any kitchen more practical but your kitchen will look a lot sleeker and more stylish than ever before. Under cabinet lighting and custom storage solutions can help you attain a clean and well organized kitchen at a reasonable price.
- State-Of-The-Art Benchtops: No doubt, marble and granite are still the most popular choices for homeowners when it comes to building their dream kitchen. The best thing about any modern kitchen design in Sydney is that it highlights the creative use of materials. These days, quartz benchtops are also gaining a lot of popularity. They are virtually maintenance-free and you don’t need to seal them. There are many more affordable options available nowadays. Get in touch with the kitchen experts at The Kitchen Broker for more information.
- Sleek Cabinets: Probably, the fastest way to transform your existing kitchen from ordinary to contemporary is by installing new cabinets. If you’re short on budget, refacing your existing cabinets is a wonderful option. A great thing about custom kitchens is that your designer can help you choose a suitable colour that goes well with your cabinets. In addition to solid colours, you can opt for textured or patterned look as well. When it comes to door styles, there are endless options to choose from including flat doors and glass doors.
For more guidance on custom kitchens, get in touch with the kitchen experts at The Kitchen Broker today!
Let’s say you’re interested in a new house, but you’re not that impressed with its kitchen. Or maybe you’re planning to remodel your existing kitchen and looking for some great renovation design ideas. Whatever your requirements are, our kitchen experts can help you transform any kitchen into a stunning, functional and welcoming space right within your budget.
Experienced kitchen designers and other skilled professionals at The Kitchen Broker are well known for their unmatched expertise, creativity and hard work they put into every project. Needless to say, our clients love the results every single time. We make sure that we provide them the best kitchen plans in Sydney so that they fall in love with their homes once again.
So, what make our kitchen designers the most sought-after experts for renovation design ideas and kitchen plans in Sydney? Let’s have a look at few of the reasons.
- Punctuality: At The Kitchen Broker, we value our clients’ time. That’s why we make sure that we deliver each and every project on or before projected time. Convenience of our clients is our topmost priority. After all, kitchen is one of the most important rooms in any house. Apart from providing the most suitable renovation design ideas to our clients, we deliver meticulously renovated kitchens right on time.
- Value for Money: If you’re short on budget, and that’s the reason why you’re holding yourself back from renovating your kitchen, don’t fret! Our kitchen design experts can help you get your dream kitchen without breaking a bank. We can provide you fully customized kitchen plans in Sydney by considering your exact needs and budget. Just give our experts a call immediately, and see what we can achieve for you at a surprising affordable cost.
- Complete Customer Satisfaction: Once you get to know the quality of our work and our unrivalled craftsmanship, you’ll discover that customer satisfaction is our forte. We leave no stone unturned to provide a satisfactory experience to all our clients by focusing on all the different aspects such as customer service, punctuality, problem solving and so on.
Whether it’s a complete renovation of your kitchen, or you are looking for just some excellent renovation design ideas to update a few elements, experts at The Kitchen Broker can provide you with the best solutions. Get in touch today!
Image Source: Pixabay
So, you’ve finalized the design for your kitchen renovations. It’s time to get the work started, you might be thinking right? Well, that would not be the best thing to do right now. At this stage, the more important thing is to consider some overlooked aspects and common pitfalls in a kitchen design project so that your project will go smoothly and without any hassle.
Failing To Do Proper Planning – Designing a flawless kitchen requires some in-depth planning. While you can get inspiration from design magazines, websites or from others’ kitchens, that’s nowhere near the actual planning process for custom kitchens. Below are some of the most effective kitchen ideas in Sydney that will help you in planning your kitchen renovations with ease.
- There should be ample benchtop space between sink and the appliances.
- If possible, invest in high quality lighting for spaces such as under cabinets, cooktop, range and sink. In addition, place light controls at an easily accessible location.
- Make sure that your kitchen floor blends seamlessly with the flooring in the other rooms.
- There should be sufficient electrical outlets for all your appliances. Try to include an outlet or two in your kitchen island as well.
- There should be plenty of storage space for all your kitchen essentials.
Ignoring the functionality – Even if your kitchen design is fully compliant with the building codes, it doesn’t mean that your kitchen would have an optimum functionality and efficiency. In most kitchen renovations, you’ll need to reconfigure your appliances, cabinetry and so on. That’s the reason why you need professional help to build successful custom kitchens. Let’s take a look at some helpful tips.
- There should be enough room in the corners so that the doors and drawers can be opened and closed without any trouble. In addition, handles should be placed wisely on the cabinets.
- The design of cabinets and handles should not interfere with the operation of nearby doors, drawers or appliances.
- The height of microwave oven should be decided in such a way that hot items can be retrieved comfortably.
For more kitchen ideas in Sydney or to discuss your kitchen renovation project with some of the most experienced kitchen design experts in Australia, get in touch with The Kitchen Broker today!
White kitchens can blend seamlessly into any home regardless of whether you go for a white classic kitchen or a contemporary one. Let’s have look at some of the reasons why white kitchens are the most sought after choice for homeowners in Australia.
- White Kitchens Are Spacious And Clutter-Free: By simply choosing a white kitchen for your home, you can pretty much guarantee that it keeps looking organized and clean for years to come. To create more storage, you can choose cabinets that go all the way to the ceiling. If you’re not that fond of pure white kitchens, choose some elements of a matching colour like gray that goes well with white. It will add a certain depth to the visual appeal. Another advantage of white kitchens is that you can create any amount of prep space and seating area as you want without making it look cluttered.
- White Classic Kitchens Are Timeless: Unlike traditional flashy colours, white can never go out of style. White cabinets with clean straight lines and high quality solid hardware look classic and guarantee longevity. To add some contrast and character to classic white kitchens, kitchen designers in Sydney usually recommend gray granite benchtops. This will also help you in incorporating other elements of a classic kitchen such stainless steel appliances without making them look out of place in all white kitchens.
- Family Friendly White Kitchens: Neutral white kitchens are great for families and go well with the decor of rest of the house. For instance combining stunning white cabinets, stainless steel appliances and classic hardwood flooring makes for a functional and aesthetically stunning kitchen for your family.
- White Kitchens Are Budget Friendly: Most of the components used in white kitchens are normally in stock and easily available at any supplier. Moreover, they are much more affordable than other colours. This means that you can splurge on other items such as light fixtures and flooring without worrying about exceeding your overall budget.
- White Kitchens Are Open And Brighter – Ask experienced kitchen designers in Sydney about the easiest way to make any kitchen look brighter and spacious, chances are that they will recommend you to go for white kitchens. White is a great colour for reflecting both artificial and natural light and that can instantly make any space look more open and less cramped. What’s more white colour is affordable and available in dozens of appealing tones.
For more guidance or to discuss your project with some of the most trusted kitchen designers in Sydney, contact us today!
Image Source: Pixabay
Sleek and functional kitchens can be a delight to work in. Unfortunately, not all homeowners have such perfect kitchens in their homes. So, if your kitchen requires renovation or remodelling, you will need to enlist all your renovation design ideas. Implementing all the ideas in one go might not be viable. In this scenario, you will need to prioritise your requirements.
The Right Kitchen Islands Can Bring Many of Your Renovation Design Ideas and Requirements to Fruition
Oftentimes, in renovation projects, it is easy to accomplish two objectives simultaneously. For instance, if you want sitting space in the kitchen, you could install a table with some barstools. But, this would only suffice your seating requirements. Install a kitchen island instead. You could use the additional countertop space for preparing meals or handling various activities. Then, simply place barstools or chairs around the island to utilise it as a table. You could build cabinets in the island to get additional storage space too.
Kitchen islands are an essential element in modern kitchen designs. Some of the most popular varieties of kitchen islands include:
- The Rectangular Island: This island will usually suit kitchens of all sizes. If you require mobility, place wheels beneath the island. Then, you’ll be able to place it against the wall when you don’t need it.
- The Angular Island: This island suits kitchens that are narrower at one end. Place the widest part of the island at the side that offers maximal space.
- The Square Island: In smaller kitchens, the square island is ideal. Some varieties come with wheels for providing mobility too.
- The Circular Island: For large kitchens, circular islands are apt. You could place a griddle or a stove on top of the island. Or, you could use it as an additional food preparation area too.
It pays to have a professional kitchen designer helming your project. The Kitchen Broker comprises a team of award-winning kitchen and interior designers. We do not just manage the entire project. We represent you to the manufacturers and tradespeople. Our expertise will enable you to get your dream kitchen with minimal fuss. With us at your side, you will be able to watch your kitchen move from an image in our design showroom to a reality. For more details, call us at 02 9484 3464.
The ‘Do It Yourself’ (DIY) approach is becoming increasingly pervasive throughout Australia. This is especially so when it comes to doing various activities pertaining to the house. Increasingly, people are using readymade kits for building shelves or assembling their own kitchens. This approach has its benefits. Thus, it is hardly surprising that many people use online kitchen planners when they consider remodelling or renovating their kitchens.
Why Hiring Kitchen Designers is Far Better than Relying Solely on Kitchen Planners
Using an online kitchen planner can be a good way to start planning your kitchen renovation. But, unless you are handy with all kinds of tools, don’t depend entirely on these applications. These planners will draw your room with the right dimensions. They will fill it with cabinets to your specifications. Thereafter, they will let you add a variety of wall colours, floorings and other details. But, no software application is perfect. Thus, you could find the walls moving of their own accord. Or, you could find the application crashing just after you had painstakingly filled each detail to your liking.
However, there is no substitute for human intelligence, expertise and sensitivity. No software application can tailor things to suit your personal tastes and working styles. Similarly, no software can manage the entire renovation for you to your satisfaction. This is why certified kitchen designers are invaluable. They can help you decide on the scope of work that you want to carry out, based on your budget. They can guide you through the entire project and help you select the best materials, products and finishes. They will help you acquire the best outcome in terms of price and quality.
The Kitchen Broker features an award-winning team of kitchen planners and designers. We specialise in designing kitchens and helping our clients select the best finishes. We believe in handling projects from the initial stages through to their conclusion. This is why we are one of the leading designers in Sydney. We will not only create an efficiently designed kitchen that suits your working style. We will also go about bringing it to a successful conclusion. This will involve liaising with all the tradespeople too. Our ability to oversee the project, saves you time, money and effort. If you want to renovate your kitchen, call us at 02 9484 3464.