Quite a few people cherish the thought of having their own houses. Transforming this dream into a reality is not easy though. It requires many things to fall into place before you can own a property that suits your requirements. Making the house liveable comes next on the list of priorities. Therefore, homeowners focus on imbuing the house with their personal tastes and preferences.
Increasingly, the kitchen has come in for a lot of attention from homeowners. People today often consider the kitchen to be the heart of their homes. As a result, they invest a considerable amount of time and money to create a kitchen that is functional, elegant and a pleasure to be in. This is why many houses feature custom kitchens in Sydney and other major cities across the country.
The Essential Elements of a Custom Kitchen
When you want to rid your kitchen of its dated look, you will need the help of a professional kitchen designer. The designer will understand exactly what you require. Thereafter, the designer will draw on years of experience and blend it with your requirements. This will enable them to come up with a kitchen that leaves you drooling.
It is worth noting that the occupants of the house spend a great deal of their time in the kitchen. In addition, the kitchen has also become a place where people like entertaining their guests or socialising with them. Thus, it is clear that functionality, comfort and aesthetic appeal remain the fundamental features of a custom kitchen.
An ideal custom kitchen is one that:
- Enables you to create the identity for your home
- Blend or combine various attractive features of various modern kitchen designs commonly used in cities like Sydney, Melbourne etc.
- Enables you to use your creativity, without having to depend solely on established standards and,
- Enables you to select furniture, cabinets, colour combinations etc. based on your individual tastes and preferences
Tips to Follow When Designing a Custom Kitchen
Guests no longer stay in the living or dining rooms when they come calling. These days, many guests like socialising with their hosts in the kitchen. This is because homeowners typically spend much of their time preparing sumptuous dishes for their guests. As a result, they do not get to interact or spend much time with their guests. A custom kitchen helps in overcoming this situation. This is why many homeowners going about kitchen renovations in major cities like Sydney, Brisbane etc. are opting for custom kitchens.
Some simple tips to be mindful of when designing custom kitchens include:
- Having open kitchen spaces that enable the homeowner to prepare sumptuous fare, even as the guests socialise
- Utilising attractive centrepieces on the kitchen table or built-in shelves to act as the focal point of your kitchen
- Using large kitchen tables with bar stools for enabling the guests to sit and enjoy the food spread
- Utilising the kitchen centre island with bar stools for enabling guests to mingle even as they enjoy the fare on offer
- Installing a wine fridge near the kitchen – especially if many of your guests are connoisseurs of wine
- Placing a beverage drawer beneath the wine cooler, for guests who relish other beverages to help themselves, without having to head to the kitchen
- Minimising the clutter by creating a butler’s pantry for storing small appliances, wine bottles etc.
Are You Looking for a Professional Kitchen Planner in Sydney?
When you want a dream kitchen to complement your house, you need designers par excellence. At The Kitchen Broker, you will receive the best attention from an award winning team of kitchen designers. Over the years, we have perfected the art of kitchen design. All the kitchens we design represent an effective blend of intelligent design and stylish elegance. As a result, they complement the functionality of your kitchen perfectly.
Therefore, turn to the experts for getting the kitchen you’ve always dreamed of. Call us at (02) 9484 3464. Let us demonstrate how we could transform your commonplace kitchen into the showpiece of your house.