When it comes to determining the best design layout for a kitchen, many homeowners seem singularly bereft of ideas. All spaces in the house can feature elements of different styles without appearing discordant. For instance, classic kitchens are perhaps one of the safest design layouts to consider. But, having a classic kitchen does not mean that you cannot fine-tune its appearance to suit your specific tastes and preferences.
What Are the Essential Characteristics of a Classic Kitchen?
Classic kitchens are both timeless and flexible. They typically feature neutral colour palettes and simple details. Individualists might find classic kitchens to be too safe, while purists might feel that classic kitchens are highly ornate. But, the fact remains that you can fine-tune the look of the kitchen further, to tailor it to your requirements. Classic kitchens will usually feature:
- Simple Architecture: These kitchens will not be over-the-top or ornate like other styles of kitchens. Even so, they will feature simple panelled hoods, crown mouldings etc.
- White Cabinets: Classic kitchens are both timeless and fresh. Thus, they will feature white or cream coloured cabinets.
- Neutral Colours: Classic kitchens do not necessarily have to be all white. They could feature stained and painted cabinets and subway tiles too. Brown-and-white and black-and-white combinations are quite popular.
- Simple Door Styles: Modern kitchens feature flat-panel cabinet doors. Similarly, classic kitchens feature simple shaker doors.
- Black-and-White Countertops: Classic kitchens feature marble countertops as part of the cook’s triangle. The beauty of marble enhances the visual appeal of these kitchens. Honed black countertops are quite popular too.
Pick the Brains of the Best Kitchen Planners in Sydney to Obtain Your Dream Kitchen
If you love the look of a classic kitchen, depend on a qualified kitchen designer to make it a reality in your home. At The Kitchen Broker, you can avail the services of an award-winning team of Certified Kitchen Designers (CKDs). Our experienced designers can design the kitchen of your dreams to your satisfaction. But more importantly, they can make your dream kitchen a reality too. They will deal directly with all the suppliers and manufacturers by representing your best interests. Moreover, they will manage the entire project too. Thus, you will not only get the best value for your money. You will be able to enjoy a hassle-free renovation as well. To know more, call us at (02) 9484 3464.