Exceedingly functional kitchens that do not compromise on their visual appeal are increasingly becoming popular throughout the country. Many homeowners typically need a large amount of storage space in their kitchens. For this, they will need to get kitchen cabinets of the right size. Estimates suggest that kitchen cabinets often consume more than 50 percent of the budget for all kitchen renovation projects. This is why it makes perfect sense to understand the varieties of cabinetry on offer.
An Overview of Kitchen Cabinets
There are four basic varieties of kitchen cabinets. These include:
- Standard Base Cabinets: These will usually be 24 inches deep and 36 inches tall. They might rest on four-inch recessed risers occasionally.
- Upper Cabinets: Found in almost all classic kitchens, these cabinets will usually be 12 inches deep
- Tall Cabinets: These are ideal for providing pantry space and broom storage. They will usually be 83 inches in height.
- Specialty Cabinets: These cabinets help in maximising square footage. They could include corner cabinets, bottle racks, cooktop fronts etc.
Besides these, cabinetry suppliers often grade kitchen cabinets into four grades based on the quality of the construction. These cabinetry grades comprise:
- Stock Cabinets: These cabinets are mass-produced and come in fixed sizes. Hence, they cannot be altered, which affects their versatility.
- Ready to Assemble (RTA) Cabinets: Suppliers provide these readily available cabinets in boxes. They are ideal for ‘Do It Yourself’ (DIY) homeowners. These cabinets require assembling and do not offer much variety in terms of materials, size and styles.
- Custom Cabinets: These cabinets are usually made-to-order. This is why they offer the most diverse selection in styles, materials, finishes and accessories. Tailored to the needs of clients, these cabinets could be slightly pricier.
- Semi-Custom Cabinets: This represents the mid-range option in cabinetry. Suppliers offer some adjustments in size with better quality construction.
Hire Award-Winning Designers to Get Stylish and Functional Custom Kitchens in Your Sydney Home
Many Sydneysiders entrust their kitchen remodelling projects to The Kitchen Broker. We’re a team of independent and award-winning kitchen designers. Regardless of your budget, we can give you the quality kitchen that you sorely need. Our ability to manage the project end-to-end will save you time and money. So, think of us when you need to re-design your kitchen or revamp your kitchen cabinets. Click here to see the difference we can make.